Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Another bloody WF / Pit / Strafe question

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Shanksie1337, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

Another bloody WF / Pit / Strafe question

ok folks:

After finally deciding to keep a WF, i am going to build a pit running strafer to use it.

I'll use the standard strafer stat/skill allocation.

My question is regarding gear, IAS and breakpoints:

My gear:

WF
    Shako (pt)
    Skullders (pt)
    Goldwrap (upg)
    Chancies (upg)
    WT's
    Ravenfrost
    30 Nagel
    Amulet :p
    Charm's: 1 bad anni (13/10/10), 1 B&XB skiller, 1 P&M skiller, 1 Gheeds, and the rest filled with life & mf sc's

Firstly i'd like to socket my WF with a nice ED jewel (just ED, not ED/IAS), for some silly damage. The whole concept of IAS and 9/2 etc confuses the tits out of me still, so can i get away with the ED jewel, or do i have to IAS/Sheal the wf to get a decent killing speed.

Secondly Amulet, what would be the amulet of choice here?
    I have access to 1 of each unique/set amulet on ladder, so would it be:
    Mara's - for skills, stats, res
    Cres moon - for LL / ML - will just the WF leech me enough mana? (mine is 7%ml)
    Cat's eye - Dex / IAS
    Atma's - Amp dmg / ar+
    Highlords - DS/IAS
    Metalgrid - res / ar+ / def+

or can i get away with an mf ammy?

Thirdly - Ring slot - the raven is a must for the ar/dex/cbf. Can i get away with using a Nagel in the other slot, or are there things i have forgotten/need that could be covered with a different ring?

ty for reading and also any replies/comments u may have posted.

2. Dark-LYNX

Dark-LYNX IncGamers Member

You should Shael your WF and aim for 120% IAS.
    Getting a LoH would be cool also, and what palces u want to mf?

3. Shanksie1337

She will run the Pit only unitl her might merc has caught up (usually about lvl 80). Then i may try running Eld/Shenk/Pindle with her aswell.

As for the IAS - With 20 on the bow, and 20 from the Shael - that still leaves me 80 IAS to find from my gear - which seems a lot to have to add into a mf based equipment setup (20 from ammy - 20 from gloves and 40 from elsewhere).

Do i really need to hit 120 IAS?
    and what are the lower IAS breakpoints?
    Also i probably won't understand the answer, but i assume if i add no extra IAS i'll do 10/3? and with shaels etc i'll lower this down to 9/3 or maybe 9/2 and is this noticable?

I won't be putting on full mf gear until once i have finished NM baaling - ~lvl73-75 depending on how bored i get, so i will definately be using LoH or some other such glove (and differ armour/belt etc). But it's end game mf'ing that my questions are really relating to.

4. JoJeck

JoJeck IncGamers Member

For a Windforce and your set up the IAS breakpoints that are relevant are:

12/3 22
    11/3 35
    10/3 56
    9/3 89
    9/2 120

So your Windforce has 20 IAS on the bow and you are wearing Goldwrap = 10 IAS and that is only 30 if you put a %ED jewel in the bow. You need either gloves (10 or 20% IAS) , or amulet (20%) or a shael in the bow to reach 50 % and the 11/3 breakpont but then you are just short of the 10/3 break ...

Incidently the StealSkull helmet is a very good one for a strafer giving dual leech, mf and 10 % IAS.

I'll leave you to decide which way to go but there is a trade off between shooting speed and mf ability. My preference is for the 9/2 strafe and I will not willing go back to slower speeds but many dedicated Strafazons on the forum find the 10/3 speed acceptable. Perhaps you should try both and see which you prefer.

The difference between 10/3 and 9/3 strafe cycles is not noticeable (but it does make a difference to other bow skills like FA, GA, MS and so on). The difference between 9/3 and 9/2 seems very noticable to me and against small groups of say 6 monsters gives nearly 50% increased firepower just when you need it. The next delay problem means that when 1 or 2 targets are left from the group the firepower of 9/3 and 9/2 is about the same but that is a much less threatening situation so you can accept that.

Happy shooting :)

5. Shanksie1337

excellent and very usefull reply jojeck thanks very much.

I think i'll try with LoH (20) and either a Cat's Eye or Highlords (both 20) so i hit the 10/3. Then if it feels slow i can always Shael it to get 90IAS and the 9/3.

I will also trade for a StealSkull to give that a try.

Some builds benefit greatly from +skills - hammerdin for example, whilst others don't really need much +skills, like my IK WW barb - would u say +skills is worth sacrificing other mods for, or can i get by with a small +skills value?