Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

another armor post

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Gfighter88, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Gfighter88

Gfighter88 IncGamers Member

another armor post

What armor would be best im befuddled between fortitude enigma and arkaines valor....

why well first of all the arkaine valor:

Defense: 1295-1450 (varies)(Base Defense: 410-517)
    Required Level: 85
    Required Strength: 165
    Durability: 30
    +150-180% Enhanced Defense (varies)
    +1-2 To All Skills* (varies)
    + (0.5 Per Character Level) 0-49 To Vitality (Based On Character Level)
    30% Faster Hit Recovery
    Damage Reduced By 10-15 (varies)

has decent defense, +2 skills, 30 fhr, +vitality bclvl, and mine has a 40-15 ed/ias. so it adds damage and attack speed...

and the enigma:
    +2 To All Skills
    +45% Faster Run/Walk
    +1 To Teleport
    +750-775 Defense (varies)
    + (0.75 Per Character Level) +0-74 To Strength (Based On Character Level)
    Increase Maximum Life 5%
    Damage Reduced By 8%
    +14 Life After Each Kill
    15% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
    + (1 Per Character Level) +1-99% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items (Based On Character
    this armor could overall add the required strength for my gear and leaving the room for more vitality stats and and it increases damage alot,

or the fortitude:

20% Chance To Cast Level 15 Chilling Armor when Struck
    +25% Faster Cast Rate
    +300% Enhanced Damage
    +200% Enhanced Defense
    +15 Defense
    +(1-1.5)-(99-148.5) To Life (Based on Character Level)
    Replenish Life +7
    +5% To Maximum Lightning Resist
    All Resistances +25-30 (varies)
    Damage Reduced By 7
    12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
    +1 To Light Radius

this adds good damage and defense and life but no skills does it matter or no?

i have a pvp barb vs barb melee conc barb im getting it for so what do you all recommend? post away :thumbsup:
    for it?

2. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

fort if you go for melee, enigma vs casters.

HoD

3. Gfighter88

Gfighter88 IncGamers Member

followup question

with fortitude and enigma you cant hit break point attack with conc un less you have ik gloves and boots combo right? or is it different? what combinations you have? also what makes forty better than valor and enigma do you think?

4. slick4hire

slick4hire IncGamers Member

None of the armors you have listed have increased attack speed so they will have no bearing on your attack breakpoints. Only items with IAS will do that.

300% Enhanced Damage. Nice life bonus. Big defense in the right armor. Thats what makes it better. Also, when the Chilling Armor triggers, it gives you another way to give a healthy boost to your defense other than shout/iron skin.

Fortitude hands down for melee.

5. richo

richo IncGamers Member

ever heard of that not all pple do use enigma and play public games hod :D

cause i call eni on baba not that fun i prefer no tele in a duel :)

rgzzz
    RICHO

6. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

next to fort, duress the the next best bvb armor.

7. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Use fort I plan on getting one.

If you ever plan on using Valor use a eth one so you can get a very large amount of defence from it. Other then that Valor isn't even worth talking about.

Use enigma if you plan on killing casters.

8. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

The fact remains alot and alot of barbs do use enigma and teleport all over the place. It's called a BvC. You may dislike it all you want , but people will play these kind of barbs. And also outside of pubbie games.

9. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

K, ive said it befor and ill say it again.
    bvb there are only 3 armors to ever consider using.
    do not post crap like " but xxx works, xxx has good defense, xxx...."
    no. the fact that 1 of these armors costs far less than most highend bvb armors makes it really poinltess in using xxx armor.

Fort-massive dmg
    Duress - massive OW and CB
    Enigma - +strength gives dmg, +max life, +skills, gives you the ability to telestomp OW barbs to prevent hit and run tactics (yes it works quite well if you throw on highlords + 2x ravens and telestomp an OW barb, especially if they are a low dmg fury one).

thats it.

10. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

~

Bah, there is no style at all in runewords.

Valor looks ok on barbs, but it still looks plain. Even an eth glad bane would be more novel on a bvb'er for its fhr and antifreeze and pdr vrs ww sins.

Imo, the best bvb armor is eth carapace. A good one will have over 2.5k deff, which is alot for a conc barb. Also it comes with fhr, and cold res to help with orbers if you have enough frw to catch them. If you use a -15%req jewel or hel rune, the str req is as low as 186.

Oh yeah, best thing = pure sex appeal. It looks increadibly macabre but yet appealing on a barb. Even more so if you use a ebotd cb. Put on a veil of steel and your really close to the blood knights {lachdanan...} of D1.

11. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

no orber or even bliz sorc worth beating will die to a nonenigma barb.

i dont conc, so ill leave that out (but im pretty sure duress/fort are still the best armors).

ww wise, every armor besides fort/duress/engima, is trash. Argue "style points", "coolness", or w/e bs you want, but the fact is duress costs the same, if not less than, most other armors--while being far superior.
    fort gives you the most dmg and enigma allows you to telestomp OW barbs.

in other words, stone/valor/cara/gbane are really useless bvb ww armors. really, stone costs the same as duress, and the other three costs duress many times over if they are eth.
    high gbane/valor/cara costs more than enigma when eth, and perfect eth valor/cara prolly costs more than fort.

12. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

~

First, my last reply was all about conc barbs...so not too sure why you replied throwing out the conc armors in a ww situation.

Second, bane and valor are weak, the only reason i even mentioned bane was due to its style for the fact that your using something that about 90% of the runeword weaklets on bnet doesnt know exists. While trading I showed someone in the trade window a storm spire, a messer reaver, a cranium basher, and a black hades, along with a few other things... The point is, this person payed me way extra because he thought that they were all hacked or imported from open.

Also back on topic, there are some things called ar & deffense breakpoints that have been tossed around the pally forum for quite some time.

Imo, the near 1k extra deffense that an eth carapace will give you over a normal duress is more than enough. Even if you are not a conc barb, the % deff from shout will still make it very noticable in a bvb duel.

13. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

rumors aren't always true.

bvb ww and conc arent that different either.
    IMO, mods like ED and OW/CB are much much better than defensive.

Is a slight decrease in chance to be hit really worth giving up mods like OW/CB and ED? i really doubt it. If defensive did matter that much, i wonder why a 15k def barb takes down most barbs on USeast? Ill give you a hint, its OW.