Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Annoying NPC's

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Joyotoki, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Joyotoki

Joyotoki IncGamers Member

Annoying NPC's

Okay, so which NPC drives you crazy? And if D2 were like good ol' UO you'd prompty kill, steal their clothes, leave them naked on the floor, and do it again when they regenerated?

Personally I can't stand Warriv. I mean, Cain is annoying, but for some reason Warriv just really.. really... bugs me.

Contrastly, anyone have a favorite NPC? Gheed is awesome... He likes to get high in Lut Gholein. xD

EDIT: Oh I forgot about Alkor! I love that guy... you can't not love that guy. He would kill Cain if he could... you know it.

2. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

Hate: Adria. Making me walk... WHERE'S MY SHIFT BUTTON?? (Don't mind me... Went back to D1 recently)

Love: Nihlathak. A Necro in a town full of Barbs and he's Respected?? Must be laying down the law around there.

Love/Hate: Wirt in D2/Wirt in D1

3. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

Kashya (or however you spell it), because she would be hot lying there naked...besides her attitude annoys me a bit, so she'll be much better lying quiet and naked. :D

4. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Hratli. Honestly, you'd think he'd set up shop somewhere convenient if he actually wanted some business... if I can get away with it, I just don't repair stuff at all in Act 3...

He is the Adria of D2. (Slightly less so, since with FRW you can make it to him in around half an hour, but Adria required you to pack rations and sturdy hiking boots...)

Favourite NPC? .... .... ........ ... no, can't think of one.

5. Andy225

Andy225 IncGamers Member

I hate Tyrael, I know all of his speeches by heart, he never has anything new to say. He is a boring guy, if he is so powerful why doesn't he just kill diablo himself. He'll probably be the boss in Diablo3 if there ever is such, knowing blizzard.

6. Rigel Kent

Rigel Kent IncGamers Member

I can't believe nobody's said Kaelan! (Think act 2, "You may not pass," "Stay out of trouble.")

A certain air follows Kaelan, Warriv, and Meshif in Diablo 2. And by "air"-- I mean the stench of RPG linearity. Those are my picks for worst NPC's.

I like Geglash. *hic*

7. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

I agree with Rigel Kent. I really hate Kaelan. I wish the ability to taunt people existed in the towns (like in Neverwinter nights). Then I would taunt Kaelan and beat him up for being that annoying :)
    My favourite is Nihlatak. For the "Mmmm...". The "What?!" is good as well. Also, he's a necromancer and gets some really high points just because of that.

8. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

My favorite Alkor quote:

"... she (refering to Asheara) comes by for her potion of manliness every week!"

I once went around the whole game listening to NPCs and this was the funniest thing I heard.

Site-Note: They aren't really NPCs since they can't talk but ... the barbarians in Act5 Town really creap me out when they always follow you if you go near them.

9. Joyotoki

Joyotoki IncGamers Member

What about Gheed, "When-- or if-- I get to Lut Gholein I'm going to find the largest bowl of [I can't remember the name of it] Weed and smoke until all earthly sense has left my body." Oh I love that one. But, nobody can be Alkor. Mah old man.

10. Daemonaz

Daemonaz IncGamers Member

LOL Agreed! I never go and repair in act 3. Can you imagine the horror when I had to do that act with my Throwing Barbarian?! I got so disgusted in Nightmare that I have yet to take him there in Hell.

11. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk IncGamers Member

LOL. I can only agree.

Don't remember the exact quote (in D1) but something like this:
    "You want to see my items?".
    "Yes"
    "Ha! You gotta pay for it"
    I hated it every time. He was the first in town I tried to kill. I tried to attack from every angle, while holding shift, in hope of finding a bug that allowed me to kill him :teeth:

-Sparrow

12. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

I like Atma and her tavern of love
    shes an independant woman :D

I really really really hate everyone else
    well, really just warriv because he pesters new characters and that repair guy in act3, and charsi because shes the man I can never be

13. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

Gheed must die. I vote we stone him to death with all those Rings and Amulets of Radiance.

I like Larzuk. Damn sticky keys to an everlasting hell I have to turn on caps lock to type lower case and punctuation is almost totally shot! Larzuk is very cool and smart and always has good stuff

14. Nastie_Bowie

Nastie_Bowie Banned

"Damnit, I wish you people would just leave me alone!" :lol:

Gheed smokes narlant weed.

NB :uhhuh:

15. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

Hratli is the man!

http://www.firstlaugh.com/unreasonable.jpg

16. spaker_man

spaker_man IncGamers Member

Best is definitely Alkor ...

"ahhh the golden bird of ku'yleh. Busy yourself my friend while I experiment with the ashes within. Then return and see what I have made for you"

that is the only speech in the game that I can stand to listen to anymore.

Worst is Anya ... I mean how is it possible to have such a steady supply of the crappiest rares? And why does she feel she is actually rewarding us by dumping them on us?!!

17. ahcw

ahcw IncGamers Member

OMG, this made me laugh sooo hard i almost choked on my water i was drinking, great humor :worship: . So many memories.....but anyways the only really annoying npcs are anya cuz she always give such awesome "rewards" and never sells anything worth anything and Kaelan cuz he just says like the same 5 lines over and over and over again.

18. BartXeno

BartXeno IncGamers Member

I'll go with Warriv for always "Good day"ing my new mules till they click him. (Especially annoying when I forget to accost him first on that computer waaay over there -->)

I forget the whole line, but Ashara has the most interesting with "...It was wilder than ladies night at the Slippery Fist." :wink2: She can charm my snake anytime.

19. BellaHella

BellaHella IncGamers Member

lysander is teh awesome!

"meh, what the hell do YOU want?" :lol:

20. Aladdin_IV

Aladdin_IV IncGamers Member

Alkor and Lysander are my favorites. Lysander for being a dirty old man and Alkor for the accent.

I don't get why the other NPCs are so suspicious of Fara.