Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Annoying lock up

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Fearox, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

Annoying lock up

From time to time when playing on bnet the game just stops. After that the ping is like 4k and things I write never show up. But if Itype something directed to someone outside the game everything works. This lock up occurs for all people in that specific game. If I quit I'm not able to join or create any games (failed to join). But when the lock up-game disappears (by connection interrupt) I can join and create games again. The thing is I always get a little rollback when this occurs. Lost an Eaglehorn the other day because of this. I can asure you I was glad it wasn't Tyrael's might or something like that...

So then: Why does this happen? Bad server or what? And of course I want to know if there's something I can do yo prevent this.
    I've been in contact with Blizzard several times, but I never get any useful help ("We are aware of connection issues like this..." bla bla bla). They keep asking for details like what hardware I use and so on, and I keep telling them that this is a problem regarding bnet and not my computer.

2. 694095

694095 IncGamers Member

Its lag, i get it all the time. I keep an eye out on my ping time, so if it goes over 1k I save and exit before it kicks me. Usually the server saves and I dont roll back, and I can create another game with no problem. If I stay, I get exactly what you described.

3. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

Yeah, I guess I have to watch those numbers... The only reason I don't play with /fps-command on is that I don't like having them there.

4. DarkY

DarkY IncGamers Member

last night we got this connection interrupted on the worst moment ever :(

My friend and myself always MF-ing together on hc.
    He as necro me as pala in hell.
    He bo me at wp river, then he kill andy/eldrich/shrenk and going for baal
    I go to trav/meph(if not to much dolls)/dia

So suddenly he got killed :( i picked his items and dropped them in town
    He leaves and O M G connections interupted!!!
    Bye soj, mara, cta, hoto, a just found 198% skullders, enigma etc etc.
    We hoped for a rollback with his char still alive... but ;(((

5. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

I think this "rollback" when you get the mega lag is some sort of protection against death. Too bad it didn't work when it could have really helped :(
    If I were in that situation the computer had been thrashed now...