Annoying lock up

Fearox

Diabloii.Net Member
Annoying lock up

From time to time when playing on bnet the game just stops. After that the ping is like 4k and things I write never show up. But if Itype something directed to someone outside the game everything works. This lock up occurs for all people in that specific game. If I quit I'm not able to join or create any games (failed to join). But when the lock up-game disappears (by connection interrupt) I can join and create games again. The thing is I always get a little rollback when this occurs. Lost an Eaglehorn the other day because of this. I can asure you I was glad it wasn't Tyrael's might or something like that...

So then: Why does this happen? Bad server or what? And of course I want to know if there's something I can do yo prevent this.
I've been in contact with Blizzard several times, but I never get any useful help ("We are aware of connection issues like this..." bla bla bla). They keep asking for details like what hardware I use and so on, and I keep telling them that this is a problem regarding bnet and not my computer.

Diabloii.Net Member
Its lag, i get it all the time. I keep an eye out on my ping time, so if it goes over 1k I save and exit before it kicks me. Usually the server saves and I dont roll back, and I can create another game with no problem. If I stay, I get exactly what you described.

Fearox

Diabloii.Net Member
694095 said:
Its lag, i get it all the time. I keep an eye out on my ping time, so if it goes over 1k I save and exit before it kicks me. Usually the server saves and I dont roll back, and I can create another game with no problem. If I stay, I get exactly what you described.
Yeah, I guess I have to watch those numbers... The only reason I don't play with /fps-command on is that I don't like having them there.

DarkY

Diabloii.Net Member
last night we got this connection interrupted on the worst moment ever :(

My friend and myself always MF-ing together on hc.
He as necro me as pala in hell.
He bo me at wp river, then he kill andy/eldrich/shrenk and going for baal
I go to trav/meph(if not to much dolls)/dia

So suddenly he got killed :( i picked his items and dropped them in town
He leaves and O M G connections interupted!!!
Bye soj, mara, cta, hoto, a just found 198% skullders, enigma etc etc.
We hoped for a rollback with his char still alive... but ;(((

Fearox

Diabloii.Net Member
I think this "rollback" when you get the mega lag is some sort of protection against death. Too bad it didn't work when it could have really helped :(
If I were in that situation the computer had been thrashed now...