Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Announcement for the SPF Ladders

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Borlag, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Announcement for the SPF Ladders

When you go to the ladder site the next time, you'll see a link to the character update form. When you get there it will ask a password for your update before you can proceed. To get your password, either e-mail me at [email protected] or PM me, also if you have any requests for that password, include that in the message :)

The update forms should work completely, though there could be some minor bugs, if you encounter any, please notify me of those and I'll try to fix them either myself, or then with the help from Randall.

Also, the update forms are made in such way that currently all new characters and partisipants in the ladder will have to go through me. This is to prevent new people who haven't even read the rules from creating lvl99 characters in the ladders. You can only modify your own characters and if I find anyone playing around with the update forms, for example making lvl99 guys etc, I'll remove that player from the ladder permanently.

Also please notice that if you check the "remove character" to "yes", all further changes to that characters are impossible to make, so only do that if you're really sure you wish to remove the character from the ladders, otherwise put the status into retired.

Some tourney status markers, pure/untwinked etc markers are currently unavailable but those will be added later once it's certain that all other bugs are fixed with the update forms. Also there might be some other minor flaws such as SC characters having to choose Guardian instead of Patriarch or something similar, but these also will be fixed later on.

I want to thank Randall for the amazing work he has done for the ladder site, as all the php scripts for the update forms, the creation of the database and all other work, except for the minor layout change in the index page are his work.

As for other "news"...I wont be around for that much for the time being, as most of you propably know, I've grown tired of the whole game and that way it just can't hold my interest that much anymore. Sure I'll be checking the forums and all, but don't expect me to post on every new thread after 5 seconds delay of it's creation :lol: that wont be happening anymore...

For those concerned on the ladders judge gone missing..that wont be happening anytime soon, I'll still handle that normally.

Also, for the next weekend I'll be away completely as I'm going to Lahti with my lady for a meeting with some buddies from the net. If you want the passwords fast, act fast I'll be around for today but not tomorrow or the next day (saturday-sunday).

Have fun all and remember not to die (especially you HC folks) :)

edit: Oh, almost forgot, the stories should still remain here in the ladder threads, so keep 'em coming too :)

2. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

Nice feature! This will make the ladders much easier to tend, eh?

Thanks again Borlag for your hard work on this project. And also thanks to you Randall for lending an expert hand :clap:

Have a great weekend with your lady friend ;)

3. sam_manzanza

sam_manzanza Banned

It works Borlag :clap:
    Simple and easy. Thanks alot for the hard work you have done and I'm sure you will do in the future, it is greatly appreciated :)

Sam

4. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Thanks guys :)

A slight bump for the people who haven't seen this...or asked for that password. There'll be no manual updates for already existing guys, you do the updates yourself...

5. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Nice idea for the ladder :)

But there is a bug in your post, Borlag. Are you sure that your e-mail addy is [email protected] :lol: I though 2 k's would be enough...

;)

6. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

damn yea...it's [email protected] you're right :p

7. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

Is it just me being blind or how do I register a new character :scratch:

DX

8. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

DX-Crawler:

So you have to get them added by The Management :)

9. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

yup, new chars and players to the ladder go through me for the time being :)

10. DX-Crawler

DX-Crawler Banned

Hmm maybe I should read the entire posts :bonk:
    Thanks for the fast replies.

DX

11. Davemetalhead

Davemetalhead IncGamers Member

Woohoo - update's work like a charm. Thanks Borlag :thumbsup: :clap:

12. Karmeus

Karmeus IncGamers Member

Cool new feature Borlag, you and Randall have done a great job! Now I just have to get back to playing D2 :D

13. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Ok guys, as some of you have already noticed, I'm back from my trip and I have to say that we had a blast :)

Anyway, there's still about 90% of the Ladder members who haven't asked for the password so I thought it best to bump this announcement so that they'd see this and perhaps ask for the password. I repeat once more: You will do the updates on your own now, no more updates from me unless something goes wrong with the forms (so far they've worked great :) )

14. Davemetalhead

Davemetalhead IncGamers Member

Glad you had a great time Borlag - it's always good to take a break now and then :thumbsup:

One question, with the updates done by us now, do you still want us to announce new characters in the main thread ? Or to email/PM you ?

15. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

well the stories should still remain in the ladder threads of course, you can announce the guys there but to ensure that I add the characters there, PM or mail me their names and I'll add you the possibility of updating that character also.

Just remember that now it's even more important that you have original name that doesn't appear on the ladders already, this includes both SC and HC ladder as they use the same database.

16. farting bob

farting bob Banned

welcome back borlag! i have a screenshot of me as a SC guardian, although that is the onyl bug ive found so far, and no lvl 99 people yet!

17. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Bob, yea I know of the missing SC status markers, I posted about it in the first post of this thread, it'll be fixed soon though. Just want to weed out the serious bugs before that and then fix everything at once :)

18. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Borlag, next time you're in IRC just send it to me through a Query. And I'll let you know when/if I get it that way. I'm too lazy to do otherwise. :)

19. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

A "slight" bump for this as I'm still getting queries about the updating of the ladder...

Plus, I still haven't received PM's or e-mails from some people playing in the ladders...