Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Annoucement for all SPF ladder players (both ladders) ifra

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Borlag, Jan 29, 2004.

1. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Annoucement for all SPF ladder players (both ladders)

Due to some seriously messed up situation right now, I'm unable to update the site atleast for the time being. My computer crashed big time due to a hacker getting access to my computer through an worm from an attachment file that was sent to my lady's e-mail address. She of course didn't even consider that it might be harmful and she opened it...

After some serious battling with my computer and going to buy myself yet another harddrive to backup everything important (I total now at 3*120Gb and 2*60Gb...sigh), I'm having to reinstall everything. So far I only have installed Windows XP (thought I'd change from 98 heh) and internet connection, everything else is still in the process. I will be installing the programs like crazy the whole night and most likely tomorrow after I get back home from work. Until then, the updates will be left hanging.

I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Hope you recover everything alright Borlag. Viruses are evil... :(

3. Huorn

Huorn IncGamers Member

Sorry to hear that, mate! I hope you'll have everything better than before soon!

4. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

Man that's the suxxor Bolrag :( Nevermind our inconvenience, just tend to your business. And be nice to your lady :cool:

Maybe The Giant Squid moved from this forum to your machine... :eek:

5. Starving Poet

Starving Poet Member

Silly Durf, first crashing the forums and now Borlag's computer. It's always his fault I tells yas.

6. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement IncGamers Member

No apologies needed, my friend. I hope you are back up and running soon!

Dave

7. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

hope you get everything working for you soon borlag!!

and don´t worry about the ladders!

8. steelsixtyIV

steelsixtyIV IncGamers Member

Like Charlie Brown would say:

"Good grief"

9. Lord_Vega

Lord_Vega IncGamers Site Pal

Like the others have said- don't worry about the ladders, buddy! You take care of yourself first, for a change, and only after you're all back on your feet- try to get back to being our unearthly ladder runner :)

Strange, but about 3 days ago, I got a message in my actual inbox (and not in my bulk mail), which was titled "Your System" and contained an attached file. Good thing I deleted it, as just yesterday I read about a new trojan wracking havock in the world, with the title of "Your System" being one of it's topics when being sent....

10. Snake

Snake IncGamers Member

Sorry to hear that dude. I hope it will all work out. Maybe it would be a good idea to give your lady a separate computer. If you have any cash left. :xrollseye

11. General Zod

General Zod IncGamers Member

Sorry to hear about the Virus problems Borlag. Hope that you get things fixed soon, so that you can go back to having a little fun!

12. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

well, it wasn't a virus, just a trojan that allowed the hacker a backdoor to my computer, which was enough to cause all this trouble though...luckily he wasn't into D2 and I still have my guys :D

As for having enough money, well I guess I would have, though I bought her something shiny instead, along with one shiny thingy for myself too... ;)

So I think you could say I'm not being too hard on her, unless you're really twisted and think only about that :lol:

13. farting bob

farting bob Banned

ive had to reformat my HDD recently, and since at the time i didnt have a spare HDD or a cd-writer, i lost everything but school essays which i saved to floppy (yes, they still are in use...) and music, which my favourite songs went onto my mp3. fterwards i had to slowly re-install things, but things downloaded were the worst, including 100mb program downloaded on dial up a week before..
    *sigh*, at least you had backups i guess...

14. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

actually I have everything backed up from last sunday, I regularily backup every work file and save file there is. Only things I can basically lose are my mp3's which are mostly stored in CDs but not the most recent ones.

Oh and my program settings, e-mails (VERY important stuff there), instant messenger contact lists for ICQ/AIM/Yahoo/MSN...stuff like that.

edit: oh, and about those mp3's, one 120Gb is full of them, last time I checked there was 980kb free :lol:

15. SuperSavage

SuperSavage IncGamers Member

Bad News Borlag, hope everything gets up and running soon. Also, thanks for the ladders/updating. :)

16. Dinnin Darkblade

Dinnin Darkblade IncGamers Member

Yea everyone be careful. I don't know what the news is reporting in everyone elses part of the world but there is a new virus named DOOM *corney I know but thats what the news stations are calling it* that if you let it in via bogus emails will crash and burn your entire computer in less than 5 minutes. The reports said that the HD's get physically crashed and something about the program forces the computer to basicly "overload" itself frying your motherboard and a majority of the electronics in the computer case. While I have yet to see any sign of this virus in my own e-mails I don't want anyone to get caught. The common delievery method had been returned emails. The catch is they are returned emails that you never sent so thats how you keep an eye out for it. Pretty simple thing for most, but some tend to open then go "Oh I didn't....whats that burning smell?"

17. randy

randy IncGamers Member

bad luck buddy. nothing more frustrating. i trust you haven't lost anything irreplaceable.

18. cryist

cryist IncGamers Member

best not mention to much about your mp3 or how much you have of them, the wrong ear mite chatch wind of it and you'll have a law suite on your hands from the record comanies. Also i am sorru to hear that your computer has been hacked, the people these days..

19. LowLander

LowLander IncGamers Member

Bad news. Worms are probably even more annoying/harmfull/evil than normal viruses. Good luck with the restore, I do not envy you that much diskspace....

The Doom virus accounted for over 20 GB of malicious traffic on our network over the last 36 hours. Now, if they REALLY get SCO but good with the DDOS, I wouldn't mind so much. But their chances are slim, imo, so I hope somebody sets the Squid on them!

20. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

*commences invocation of Squid*

Now we just need a target... mwahaha! :evil: