Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Annihilus? What it is and what it is not... and of course our friend the DClone

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Dorsia, May 9, 2005.

1. Dorsia

Dorsia IncGamers Member

Annihilus? What it is and what it is not... and of course our friend the DClone

YEa, I used to own one of these godly charms last year before i stopped playing.. actually i might have had 2, i dont clearly remember...
    But today, I decided that having one more wouldnt be bad.. But this time i want to get it from its real owner, the DClone...
    I read several threads on this charm, how the Dclone walks the earth event occurs and etc.
    I am not bad at mathematics, but luck wise i am not very gifted... I remember waiting for the Dclone for hours and it never has shown up... Yet, I forgot to tell you, I am very stubborn... And my stubbornness usually pays...
    So, I decided to leave my level 90 barb on in a game for... ummm, whatever time it takes for the Dclone to walk on my earth... Has anyone tried this before? Does it work? I will check if i am still in the game once in every 2-3 hours, so that i wont drop from bnet and such... Please tell me your own experience of days spent on getting this charm... Thanks...

P.S: My barb may be weak on killing the dclone, or at least i know that it will take a while for him with only the full ik set on and such.. Yet, at least, for the love of all, I want to see the damned Dclone... Cheers.

2. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=223863

theres a a big dclone guide if you havent read it. your method would take a very long time, i've never tried it but dclone seems to walk less often, and theres so many different possible game servers it would take longer than im guessing you'd like.

about killing him, make sure you wear natures peace of some other prevent monster heal stuff. and be patient. ik barbs take him down nicely, try using conc instead of ww if you find him.

GL

3. Dorsia

Dorsia IncGamers Member

yea ive read that long thing... but this one is more like people's own experiences and stuff, which im more interested in... thanks for the advice:)

4. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

i faced dclone once with a buddy, projectzephyr, i was using my double dream bear sorc and he used his convicadin.

we spawned him in the den, and i shot 3 statics and that brought him down to like 1/3 with teh uber convic. then i morphed into bear and got like 4 shots at him and then i died. i took the tp back and while i was running around him to my body, zephy got him. it was pretty nice, he had prevent monster heal on his wep, botd or something i guess, we got him in ~30 sec.

what kind of barb are you using? ik is nice since the cb is huge, also the res is huge. with max res, dclone is pretty much easy, assuming you have prev monster heal and decent damage. frenzy barbs using stormlash are very nice as well.

5. poisonxfree

poisonxfree IncGamers Member

Saturday morning I faced him for the first time. I was trying to get a ravenfrost and was alt-tabbed out of d2 for a few seconds. When I came back in, I saw that it said Diablo Walks the Earth. I immediately woke up my roommate who plays as well and we got to work. Needless to say everyone who wanted to give me a ravenfrost for my lem realized what was going on and wanted in on the action. My roommate snatched up the anni and kindly gave it to me since I had made the game.

Turns out is 19 att./10res/10exp. not bad, but resistances are the most important to me, so it sucks that it only spawned 10 out of the 10-20.

6. Shaigon

Shaigon IncGamers Member

I have no recent experience with the dclone. But back in early 1.10 I must have killed him a good 20 times with my windy/amp zon. Never really had much trouble killing him, most of my chars could kill him in under 1:30.

7. MasterMegatron

MasterMegatron IncGamers Member

Where can i find the dclone guide?

8. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Post 3 of the Community Rule thread.