Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Annihilus Solution?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by NorrYtt, Apr 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NorrYtt

NorrYtt IncGamers Member

Annihilus Solution?

I know very little about this, but it seems to be an atrocity in the eyes of the Single Player Forum.

• The Annilihus is a unique Small Charm dropped by the Diablo Clone. I offers uberness like +1 to All Skills and +5% Bonus Experience. I guess you have to beat Hell Baal and the Diablo Clone will spawn as a superunique sometime later.
    • This Annilihus charm seems to be the only unattainable item for Single Players.
    • It is unfair to deny this item to Single Players.

Now, I suppose it's possible to find duped/nonlegit/hacked Annilihus Charms on OpenBNet, amiright? What if we could all agree on some kind of challenge in lieu of the Diablo Clone where we might "win" this charm?

I guess we could all sign petitions and whatnot, but I kinda like my idea, though it isn't the purest approach.

Comments?

2. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

You will not get your idea "approved" here. this place doesn't work like b.net where hack/cheat is considered fun and "must have because everyone has 1337 itemz". However, I do agree that it is unfair for SP to not get a hand on the charm. BUT, once I think you can't keep same map on b.net, and there is no lag, PK, 1337 speech ..... in SP, the lack of the charm worth it, I will not go to b.net just for that charm.

3. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

I really don't care either way. I just don't see the need. It was a 1337 item designed to get rid of the duped stones of jordon on the realm or at least that is my opinion. We don't have that problem like they had on the realm. :)

However, you will never get the idea generally accepted, because many SPFer purist hate all mods.

4. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Yes, but remember that we get ALL ladder-only stuff. I rather take them than Annihilus. And after all, Annihilus is not necessary at all imo

5. DevontheGnomey

DevontheGnomey IncGamers Member

yeah annihlius is pretty much just those sugar coated dots that get put on top of the icing that goes on cake. Its nice to have but you can live quite happily without it.

of course you don't have to do what we think, thats why SP is great you can play the way you want.

i like playing entirely legit so i do. if you want to like... go kill the ancients on 8 players skill while using no potions at all and feel you earned the charm, then go for it!

6. My_Immortal6

My_Immortal6 IncGamers Member

I agree with this 100%. Those ladder-only items are awesome.

7. Bull(R)

Bull(R) IncGamers Member

Yeah if youre going to play SP just say bye bye to the anni charm.

Also a note: no you don't have to kill hell baal to get DClone spawned.. where'd you hear that :cheesy: (I've had him about 15-20 times on BNet... one of which was on my mf char who was stuck in act3). You can spawn the clone anywhere if youre playing on BNet.. doesn't need to be shenk Ive done it from Bishybob and from Travincial, and once from Baal's minions

8. AdunaCCDanimoth

AdunaCCDanimoth IncGamers Member

Still.... it would be rather interesting to see how good our SP chars would be if we had to solo the DClone.

9. cholerajoe

cholerajoe IncGamers Member

I would like the +5% exp

10. tragor

tragor IncGamers Member

It is? I remember discussions about it for a while and then we all pretty much blew it off. It's sort of an official "grail -1" item. I, personally, never even think about it.

11. Quest For Glory

Quest For Glory Banned

Annihilus charms found on open b.net are not "hacked" .......
    People who know how to configure the mpq's are not "hackers" ......
    All you need is to add a recipy to spawn the Annihilus, say 1 small charm + 11 perfect rubys in the Cubemain.txt, pack it into patch_d2.mpq and run the game. The Annihilus will then become available for single player fun. You may flame away at me now, but I love playing untwinked single player as well. And I can do without the Annihilus too, but I made it spawn anyway, especially for the + 10 % exp bonus.

I don't know how, but some very good modders know how to spawn the dclone on single player, just like on closed battle net, making the achieval of one more of a challenge. Ask at the Phrozenkeep for info on this particular subject. And if you do, and you in the end have the same ol' d2 only with one difference; you may spawn the dclone, you won't be a "hacker", you're only taking action to ensure future gameplay satisfication. In my experience there is a lot of scepticism towards the unknown, everywhere, every day.

12. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

But remember the rules we have: if someone is using items from mods/other similar things, they are not allowed to play in our MP games with those chars/trade the items they have found while using modded items

One solution would be that everyone is allowed to use Annihilus, but you all know there will be plenty of people who won't agree with this. It will just result in 2 separate groups, those who use it and those who don't. It will just mess up things here

Why is it so tempting to have Annihilus? I just don't get it

13. SnakeEye85

SnakeEye85 IncGamers Member

it have some awesome mods on it for sure

but i can easily replace it´s mods except for the +exp gained
    it sure would be nice to have one of these in your inventory while running baal for hours and hours trying to lvl. I would love to have a legit anni charm but since that is impossible i would probarbly not use any modded or hacked or whatever, anni charm if i was offered.

14. AdunaCCDanimoth

AdunaCCDanimoth IncGamers Member

/offers SnakeEye some hacked cracked sashes for 2 gold each.

15. SnakeEye85

awesome !!

16. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Couple of more things...

How would that mod work? Would it replace one superunique with DC? It should be random imo, it shouldn't happen in every game

And remember that DC is very hard to kill...the richest people would benefit most from DC in SP because they can kill it, guys with less "uber-items" would be in real problems with him. The people who would benefit most from Anni can't get it...maybe via trading but I bet Anni would be quite pricey

17. SnakeEye85

well if DC would spawn in every game, and drop anni every time he died, then anni charms would cost nothing to trade for....maybe some gold to pay for the repaircost

so i agre, it shouldn´t happen in every game

18. Cauthon

Cauthon IncGamers Member

It is? I must have missed that memo. For that, I blame Durf, the eater of memos.

I think most of us here are quite ok playing without the Annilihus Charm or DClone.

I'm sure somebody somewhere has created a mod that enables DClone in single player mode, and that if you do some digging with Google, you can find it. I personally don't feel the lack, but hey--its your computer, knock yourself out.

19. Varock

Varock IncGamers Member

Here is how it works. I have made mods in the 1.10 beta to spawn the DC. All you do is enable the Diablo clone in the appropriate txt I think it is Monstats.txt then you must make a open spot in the act for the diablo clone to spawn in. In normal he drops sets, rares, magic, and uniques but you get more rare and magic he will not drop anhillius. In NM he can drop anhillius but it is very very rare you instead get lots of other sets uniques and rares. In Hell difficulty he always drops the Anhillius the first time you kill him and every other time a magic small charm. That was in beta. I never made the mod for the final I just wanted to see what the charm looked like in beta. I will never make the mod for Sp final 1.10 as you are not suppose to have the charm.

Note: what I mean by he drops it the first time in hell is that you start up the game he will drop it any other clones killed will drop small charms then if you save and exit and go back in he will drop anhillius again and then small charms.

20. Howitzer Al

Howitzer Al IncGamers Member

I wouldn't take 'em, SnakeEye, unless they had +1 to Light Radius on them. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.