Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Annihilus Charm ? How to get ?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Trailer, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Trailer

Trailer IncGamers Member

Annihilus Charm ? How to get ?

Well as the topic sais, i am asking myself how i can get this unique charm ?
    I know that it's something about the clone of diablo, but where to find him ?

2. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

Get into a Hell game. Stay there.

When you see a message saying something like "X Stones of Jordan sold to merchants", D Clone will be ready to spawn eventually. Station yourself in the general area of a Super Boss, but not close enough to spawn it.

When the message "Diablo Walks the Earth" appears, move towards where the Super Unique would spawn. D Clone will spawn in its place.

D Clone will probably pwn you. But if you kill him, he will drop the Annihilus. That is the only way to get one, unless someone else gives it to you.

3. Trailer

Trailer IncGamers Member

and how long does it takes to get the message ?

4. da_vindicator

da_vindicator IncGamers Member

Every realm is splitted into servers. The sojcount is counted on each individual server. Diablo clone spawns in all the games on that certain server somewhere between the last world event+75sojs and the last world event+125 sojs on that server.
    So lets say on server 30 the last time diablo clone has walked is at 630 sojs. He's gonna walk again somewhere between 705 sojs and 755 sojs.
    If you know what server is "hot" (meaning: what server he needs little more sojs to walk) you search for a game on that server and once you find it you just wait untill enough sojs are sold.

5. Trailer

Trailer IncGamers Member

oh lol so this means people have to sell stone of jordans so the server makes a clone of diablo ???
    blizzard made that for deleting all the dupes sojs ?? . . .

6. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

No idea. The SoJ thing may be a bluff, and the count may be actually based on the age of the game. It probably worked for the disposal of duped ones, though.

7. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

its based on people selling sojs. Just ask Dredd or read his diablo clone spawning test thing. They made him spawn 8 times in one night o nthe same server :D

8. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

Do real people sell 630 SoJ's in an hour all on the same server? If so, I commend Blizzard for working to get rid of duped ones, because they must be rampant like I never thought possible after Rust Storm.

9. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

there is more than one person selling on a server plus it only takes about 75 sojs to make him walk. The number can get to the high 3000's and so on becuase when he walks the overall counter does not reset.

10. Trailer

Trailer IncGamers Member

but is it rly working ?
    Can you perhaps sell one soj buy it again sell it again ect up zto 75 times so that the image comes ??

11. da_vindicator

When you sell a soj you can't buy it back. Same goes for annihilus charms btw (I checked :) )

12. Yavanna

Yavanna IncGamers Member

The hard way?

13. da_vindicator

Yup :)
    I wondered if i could buy em back. I couldn't. I got plenty of em anyways :)

14. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

Yes. Although not in an hour. 630 sojs would spawn him numerous times. In the test series that dop and I did, we sold a total of 733 over the course of about 9 hours, spawning him 8 times in that period.

I created a thread this morning that had all the raw data compiled from the tests as well as a brief Q&A. Unfortunately, my Interent Explorer crashed and I lost the whole thing. I still have it on paper, I just have to retype it. Maybe tonight ...