Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

andy/meph

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Soss, May 10, 2008.

1. Soss

Soss IncGamers Member

andy/meph

just wondering but how many runs in between does it take for you to actually get an item even worth trying to sell also if u could include the rough mf of your sorc
    my sorc has done about 80 hell meph, hell andy runs with about 375mf and has only gotten 1 decent item which is my 36gheeds but after that nothing has dropped besides low lv sets and uniques

2. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

Re: andy/meph

Good things come with lots and lots of effort (and lots, and lots...).

80 runs is pretty inconsequential really. More like 800 is a good starting point, and even then you won't have a ton of great stuff. 1000-2000 runs is a more common amount to find one top-end item. Stick with it.

And consider it like playing scratch tickets... you spend a bunch of money and get nothing special for a long time, then once in a while you win $100. And if you do it enough, maybe you'll win $5000. But, as always, the house wins :tongue:.

That's a nice & miserable outlook, eh?

To answer your other question, my sorcs' MF varies based on where they're running. Mephisto and Pindleskin is usually somewhere around 600. Baal and WSK is around 200. Countess is 0. I don't run Andy.

3. divinius

divinius IncGamers Member

not meaning to discourage you from running mephisto but he never drops anything for me EVER. hundreds of runs and i have dracs gloves and that is it. i just started running wks level 2,3,4 and baal at the end and i am much happier with the results. even when i dont get the golds yellows greens etc i still find hi-end socketable armor like archon and dusk shrouds which trade really well.

4. Scudstorm

Scudstorm IncGamers Member

Last ladder season Meph gave me a 198 hoz, if that can bring you some hope...

What I do to get less frustrated with meph is killing the council pack (they spawn light immune and the unique isn't very often cold immune), pop all the chests I pass by, weapon and armor racks (one of best ways to find socketables) and of course the special chest at the back of the room.

Luck is a big factor. Shako never dropped for me last ladder season, but in this season I've got 2 even though I've only been playing for a month or so.

5. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

I'd hate to encourage him, but Mephisto has dropped for me most of the elite uniques possible. Also - SoJ, Mara's, and once a Gul rune!

Don't forget to hit those racks to the left and right of him. I've gotten some decent armors, Paladin Specific shields, and some funny uniques from the weapons one.

It just takes some grinding away at the Mephster to get it done. I'm still hunting for my own HoZ, though. :embarassed: Also, if you can, consider Quest Dropping Mephisto: [Joining a game that was made by a character who has defeated Mephisto, then killing Mephisto with your own character that hasn't killed Mephisto yet.]

6. CommalaWolves

CommalaWolves IncGamers Member

I've had mixed luck, its weird. I just start get some freebies (skullders and crappy items that + mf) and i find a shako, then it all goes a lil uphill, find gul pul from meph. hen a sarcens chance ammy, dunno if thats worth anything, but its cool. but i cant find much else.

oh and my sorc has 499% mf, but i havnt added some new 7% mf charms i havnt xfered yet.