Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

andy/ meph drop?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by CommalaWolves, May 8, 2008.

1. CommalaWolves

CommalaWolves IncGamers Member

andy/ meph drop?

whats the andy and meph drop bug?

2. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

Re: andy/ meph drop?

When you kill an act boss for the first time(ie complete the quest), he will make a special quest drop, which means he won't drop any junk items, like potions, scrolls etc, so he'll have a better chance of droping nice uniques/rares. If you'r planing on doing andy/meph runs with your mf character, it would of course be nice if you could make the boss do a quest drop everytime. This is where the "bug" comes in.

After you've completed act 1 quest 6, return back to town, talk to warriv and travel to act 2. If you do all this in the same game, andy will be bugged, so she will always do a quest drop. This is a bug many people use, even though they don't realise it, since you dont usually exit the game after andy is dead, but before going to act 2.

For Meph, there is no similar bug, but you can still get him to quest drop everytime(just like you can for duriel, diablo and baal), by never completing the quest 6. You can then do mephruns(or duriel, diablo, baalruns) by entering a game where the quest is already done(ie you can't complete it anymore), but where meph is still alive.
    For example, if you have a higher level char who has already done act 3 quest 6, you make a game with that char, then rejoin with your mf-char who hasn't done the quest, and go kill meph. Meph will do a quest drop, and you won't complete the quest. Everybody wins.:grin:

The donwside of not completing the meph quest, is that you can't go to act 4 and 5, and so you will lose 2 skill points, Hellforge quest, 10 all res, and the socket quest.

3. CommalaWolves

CommalaWolves IncGamers Member

sweet, but now i gotta remake my mf sorc >_<. thx man

4. moranor

moranor IncGamers Member

It really isn't worth it
    You're better of not rebuilding her. Besides, you need two copies of the game running at the same time

5. raveharu

raveharu IncGamers Member

Not to mention power leveling at baal runs.
    You still need a decent level to kill Meph, if not his drops will be ****ty.
    And you also need a decent level to survive the mobs when you teleport to durance 3.
    pointless to remake, I still get good stuff once in a while even though I did the quest, like arach belt sojs etc etc.

6. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

You can level to 75 easily in NM Baalruns, and then on your own in the Pits in 8 player games to lvl 80 or 85 even.

The thing about needing a high clvl for decent drops is false information; only mf% and number of players determines drops. You can kill Meph at lvl 1 without gear (gl though... With Chant maybe :p) or at lvl 99 without gear and get the same results.

Iirc the amount of good items is increased about 30% by doing this glitch - I don't remember the thread in which I saw that number or how it was calculated, but it's good enough for me. If you have a char who's capable of rushing it is well worth the time it takes imo.

Also, you can join random games on Bnet and kill Mephy there, so there's no need to juggle between two comps/accounts. However: be double-plus-sure that you cannot complete the quest - in each and every game you enter! I once quested my Sorc after, what, five runs... :cry: :prop: :jig:

7. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

You can create a game with whatever another char you have that already completed the quest. If you create a game and leave it immediately, in like say, 5 seconds it will remain active for some seconds more at least, so you can join with you glitched Sorc.

8. Vespar

Vespar IncGamers Member

Actually, the level of the creatures being killed is the primary factor on what can drop in the first place. That's why there is such a dramatic difference between the drops found in normal difficulty and hell difficulty. The level of the creature being faced is greatly increased.

Hell Mephisto is a much higher level than Normal Mephisto....so even if you completed the quest you'll still get higher level drops from the Hell Mephisto than you would if you bugged the quest in normal or nightmare.

However, nightmare or normal may still be prime for a particular drop if you have an idea of the level range of item.

There's actually a pretty decent "guide" floating around here somewhere on this topic that would be pretty helpful to the original poster....I'll see if I can locate it and link it later.

9. Greizer

Greizer IncGamers Member

I was talking about Character Level, not Monster Level. Ofc no one kills Meph on Normal since you get bad drops... But your level in no way affects monster drops; only mf and number of players do.

It will remain for one minute iirc. However joining too many games too quickly will lead to a temp ban more often than joining other peoples games (at least I always click too quickly and get banned for it, meh. :tongue:).

10. Poppis

Poppis IncGamers Member

I usually create the game with my Necromancer and do pit/WSK run to perm the game(and avoid too fast rejoining) and then bring my glitched sorc and kill andy and meph.

11. Alecz

Alecz IncGamers Member

here is the link to the original guide:
    http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=502611

also some quick points:
    - I think the chances are tripled not only 30%
    - A level 75 blizz sorc with Tal's is already overkill
    - it is worth it.
    - u don't need the 2 skill points, u don't need resists... you can trade your stuff for the "hellforge drop"
    - can use Moat trick (so no need for any gear really....)
    - u don't need two copies of the game, just join finished ball-runs.