Anderial mf bug - How does it work?

Are

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Anderial mf bug - How does it work?

It doesn't matter what you do in the game, so long as you both complete the quest and talk to Warriv in the same game.

You can do a full clear of the entire game from Act I Normal to Act V Hell in one sitting, talking to all and every NPC you find, and you will still have Andy quest-bugged in all difficulties.

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator

Good to hear!
I'd like some more people speaking up 8) Then i will nail it in a sticky.

AlabasterFilth

Diabloii.Net Member

After killing andariel, I talked to Cain, Akara, and then Warriv and travelled east. Andy still gives me the bug drops.

It is ok to talk to other NPCs besides Warriv, as long as you talk to Warriv. That's the only factor that matters.

Just follow the golden rule and you'll be fine: If you kill Andariel & complete Act 1: Quest 6 in a game, talk to warriv before you exit that game.

If you do this, you will always get the quest drops from Andariel

itna

Diabloii.Net Member

I heard someone mention a bugged Mephisto... Does that work in a similar fashion? How do I bug Meph?

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator

You don´t bug Mephisto in that sense. You simply never complete Mephisto quest in hell, but instead join games, where your quest log states "cannot complete in this game" for the killing Mephisto quest. This way you don´t complete the quest but can kill Mepisto anyway and so ou always get the quest drop ;)

itna

Diabloii.Net Member

Oh, thanks.

Does anyone really ever do that, though? I mean, that would require you never going past hell Mephisto, so you would never reach more than around level 75, right?

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator

That´s enough to run Hell Mephisto all night long ;) This is for a pure MF builds which does nothing but run Hell Mephisto and maybe Hell Andariel.

Frostraven

Diabloii.Net Member

Here's how I did it...

I didn't talk to warriv at all before killing andy; the quest wasn't active -- and she only dropped crap items.
Then I talked to warriv in the same game... got the introduction and I went west.

She has yet to drop a single blue item since that first kill.
Basicly: I have absolutely no doubt what so ever that my andy is bugged.
Yellow. Gold. Set items. Runes. Gems.
Only.
Always.

[hopeful]
Perhaps it's possible to bug-kill mephisto too?
Entering a game where the stairs are open but Meph alive, with an activated portal shrine on level 3, without talking to anyone in that map?
[/hopeful]

-=Slaye]2=-

Diabloii.Net Member

Oh, thanks.

Does anyone really ever do that, though? I mean, that would require you never going past hell Mephisto, so you would never reach more than around level 75, right?
I'm doing that and my sorc is level 91 atm. I started doing Mausoleum and Ancient Tunnels runs in large player games from about level 80. Doing that makes it not too hard to get to lvl 90 pretty fast. And I can recommend including Lower Kurast too. Nice place to get gems/runes/jewelry/charms.

lolerskates

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm curious - is there any for sure way to tell it's bugged? I am not entirely sure if I talked to Warriv right away but I might have - so how can I be sure?

Are

Diabloii.Net Member

I'm curious - is there any for sure way to tell it's bugged? I am not entirely sure if I talked to Warriv right away but I might have - so how can I be sure?
If Andy is bugged, any blue item she drops will have double durability.

tipme

Diabloii.Net Member

By double durability do you mean that, lets say some sword normally has 30 max dura, but if it drops from bugged Andy, it will have 60 max dura?

Poppis

Diabloii.Net Member

It's called failed unique(or failed set) drop. Whenever the game decides to drop unique(or set) item, which does not exist, it instead drops magic version of that item with increased durability.

For example:

The game decides to drop Bramble Mitts(elite leather gloves), and then decides it's going to be unique. There is no unique Bramble Mitts in D2, so instead it drops magic Bramble Mitts with increased durability.

Bugged Andy can't drop magic items, so any magic items you see her drop, are in fact failed unique or set items.

Are

Diabloii.Net Member

The game decides to drop Bramble Mitts(elite leather gloves), and then decides it's going to be unique. There is no unique Bramble Mitts in D2, so instead it drops magic Bramble Mitts with increased durability.

Bugged Andy can't drop magic items, so any magic items you see her drop, are in fact failed unique or set items.
Not quite. Failed uniques become triple-durability rares. Failed sets become double-durability magics.