Anderial mf bug - How does it work?

mewizard

Diabloii.Net Member
Anderial mf bug - How does it work?

Ok there is a bug that allows you to have good drops occur constantly.

It was called the anderial mf bug. How does it work. Is there a guide on the forums?

Does anyone know what I am talking about?

aera

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Anderial mf bug - How does it work?

Very simple. I know what you are talking about. After killing Andy, simply take a TP and talk to warriv. Do not talk to any other NPC's after Andy dies. One way to test weather it worked is; make a game, kill her, if a blue item drops the durability will be WAY more that usual.

Good luck and happy hunting!

mewizard

Diabloii.Net Member

Very simple. I know what you are talking about. After killing Andy, simply take a TP and talk to warriv. Do not talk to any other NPC's after Andy dies. One way to test weather it worked is; make a game, kill her, if a blue item drops the durability will be WAY more that usual.

Ok so do I keep repeating this over and over again or just once?

Sorry I need a K.I.S.S. Explaination -> Keep It Simple Stupid Explaination.

Cause I'm not the very brightest person when it comes to stuff like this.

Edit. Also after talking to warriv do I go to the east or do I just simply talk to him and leave the game and keep repeating this process?

Mazzman

Diabloii.Net Member

All you have to do is make sure you talk to warriv (go east if you want, it doesn't matter) after killing andy for the quest. After that you will get quest drops every time you kill her. You only need to talk to warriv the first time you kill andy, after that it doesn't matter.

Good luck ;)

Deadalready

Diabloii.Net Member

Does it matter if you talk to the other towns people after returning from the east? Or is the glitch active only for as long as you don't talk to other towns people?

Poppis

Diabloii.Net Member

I will try to be as clear as possible.

When you kill andy for the first time, before you exit that game, go to town and click Warriv(to talk to him).

You now have the andy bug activated for the rest of your life(in that difficulty).

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator

so wait for that char or you whole acc? jkjk
A joke that might confuse more for those that learn Andariel bug anew :crazyeyes: Just to make it real clear. Its only for the char you killed Andariel with and then immediatly talked to Warriv. :thumbup:

piedpiper

Diabloii.Net Member

Wow, i had never heard of this :p

Just a question, when you say constant good drops, what can we expect in terms of quality/frequency?

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator

Wow, i had never heard of this :p

Just a question, when you say constant good drops, what can we expect in terms of quality/frequency?
It's not like you will constantly get Soj everytime you run Andariel on nightmare, but the base quality of the drops will be higher, like with any first kill drop on a boss. This means that the chance for better items get higher, since those require other base item qualities. The number of blue items that can drop is higher and so forth...

NEbuChaDezZaR

Diabloii.Net Member

Now you guys got me curious... If I keep on questing in later acts, will this still work?

I'm thinking about the mephisto quest drops where you can't go to act 4 for it to work.
This will keep working even if I goto later acts?

Poppis

Diabloii.Net Member

I´ll quote myself.

I will try to be as clear as possible.

When you kill andy for the first time, before you exit that game, go to town and click Warriv(to talk to him).

You now have the andy bug activated for the rest of your life(in that difficulty).
You activate the bug by completing quest 6, so yes, you can keep on questing in later acts and Andy still gives you quest drop every time you kill her.

AlabasterFilth

Diabloii.Net Member

Hm, well, in order to proceed with the game normally, one HAS to talk to warriv and go east. In essence, it seems that you are forced to activate the bug every time.

Is there any way to NOT activate the bug?

Poppis

Diabloii.Net Member

By killing andariel, exiting the game and then talking to Warriv when you make a new game.

So in other words, most people have the bug activated, even if they dont know it.

piedpiper

Diabloii.Net Member

Lol, Poppis..kudos on the patience.
But yeah it does seem like what everyone would normally do.
Sigh, just when another ray of light shone through.

Doh!

BaQ

Diabloii.Net Member

What if after killing andy I talked for example to cain and then to warriv, and go west, its activated or only when talk to warriv as a first NPC ??

Poppis

Diabloii.Net Member

Shall I quote myself again?:scratchchin:

Nah.:wink:

PS. You talk to everybody twice if you like, as long as you talk to Warriv in the same game.

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator

Shall I quote myself again?:scratchchin:

Nah.:wink:

PS. You talk to everybody twice if you like, as long as you talk to Warriv in the same game.

These 2 statements contradict each other. I have always been under the impression of aera´s statement to be true.

Obviously a simple matter is not that simple after all and words that are spoken unclear build up confusion fast.

Poppis

Diabloii.Net Member

Hmm, could be, although I seem to remember talking to Cain and still buging her.

These kind of things should be stickied somewhere.

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator

Infact the way aera said it, is the only way i have ever heard off, especially people stating that you should NOT to talk to anyone else but Warriv and then just travel east. I think my memory serves well, but i will ask sirpoopsalot to chip in here an confirm either statement.