Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Andariel Run Questions....

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by SnowDrake, Mar 19, 2004.

1. SnowDrake

SnowDrake IncGamers Member

Andariel Run Questions....

Okay first off, main question, is there any pattern to where level 3 is in relation to the level 2 wp? Is there any pattern to where level 4 is in relation to the level 3 stairs? Any trick to getting to Andy faster? Right now I'm just teleporting randomly, which basically means it takes a while and I have to stop to kill random monsters occasionally to get mana potions...

Secondly, I've heard about tricks to make Andariel drop as if it was the quest drop every time? I don't know if this was a rumor or if it's real, but I figure on the off chance if it's real I might as well ask....

Also, I've been noticing she drops VERY randomly, 2 uniques and 2 sets one game, NOTHING the next... but the one thing I've noticed consistantly is if I'm in an 8 player game she always drops 6 (the max I believe?) items.... My imagination or is this actually what happens?

2. Jgohan86

Jgohan86 IncGamers Member

level 3 seems to be top left most of the time for me.. but thats just me.. :uhhuh: as for the drops.. yeah it gets freaky.. some runs she drops 3 uniques 2 rare 1 set and the next she drop 6 rares... well anyway, generally, andy drops the best stuff for me.. sorry if i talked for nothing but i just HAD to say it :lol:

3. schlip

schlip IncGamers Member

I've heard someone say that lvl 3 is ccw and lvl 4 cw. If only I know where to start... :lol:

4. Salamando

Salamando IncGamers Member

I usually teleport clockwise. Even if the Stairs from level 2 to 3,or level 3 4 dont relate, it is good to have a system of your own to teleport. I start by going north (12 o'clock, and go around to 1 o'clock and etc etc.

5. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

The stairs to level 3, are always fastest found counterclockwise from the level 2 wp.

The relation of level 3 stairs and level 4 stairs is non-existant as far as i can tell.

As for andariels drops, since you most likely have her permanently bugged like most everyone, you'll find her quest droprates are less since she wont drop items like scrolls/potions/gold/ammo.

I pulled this from the Andariel bug thread:

Normal drop
    19/67 chance of no drop
    11/67 chance of gold
    19/67 chance of equipment (armor or weapon)
    15/67 chance of "junk" (potion, scroll, key or ammo)
    3/67 chance of "good" (gem, jewel, rune, charm, ring or amulet)

First kill drop
    19/41 chance of no drop
    19/41 chance of equipment (armor or weapon)
    3/41 chance of "good" (gem, jewel, rune, charm, ring or amulet)

6. luuuucifer

luuuucifer IncGamers Member

Also, I want to add, there is no benefit in running andy in a 8 player game as opposed to a 1 player game.

Besides being dumb, please don't do it in a game titled "hell act 1" or something. You don't know how many times a party struggles through the catatombs just to see a lvl 90+ sorc coming thru and killing her.

7. SnowDrake

SnowDrake IncGamers Member

Naw act 1 games never have 8 players in them... so I never even considered it. I do it in baal run games...

How exactly does this Andy bug work?