Andariel Drop Bug

Sessily

Diabloii.Net Member
Andariel Drop Bug

Can someone briefly explain the bug pertaining to Andariel's first drop being reset after doing .. what?

Sessily

Diabloii.Net Member
Do I just click on their names or do I actually have to talk to them (via gossip/introduction) and/or wait until their finished?

Sessily

Diabloii.Net Member
Piss off, I'm only getting the facts straight before I go waste hours trying something that doesn't even exist.

Once more, I question your motives for even posting that. Clearly, trying to incite an argument with a one-liner that doesn't add anything to the thread. Go home child, you're done here.

Killfrenzy

Diabloii.Net Member
calm down slayer. There are plenty of posts here asking ABOUT bugs, since most of the bugs have already been discovered. and let me ask you, did you use guided arrow on a zon in 09 with even 1 point into pierce? Techinically that was a bug...

Sessily. i think the bug you are mentioning has something to do with andy dropping like the quest kill if you talk to a certain npc first (i forget which one now). Be aware that is this a SUSPECTED bug and hasnt really been proven yet

Zenkat

Diabloii.Net Member
The way its been known to work, is after you get her quest, and talk to warriv, she is reset. Thus, when you kill her again she will drop items like its your first time (ie-dropping better items than normal). I've heard you dont even need to wear mf when you kill her as she automatically drops nice things (rares, sets, uniques) everytime.

I see no way around this bug, so you might as well take advantage of andariels giving nature.

moi

Diabloii.Net Member
Killfrenzy said:
calm down slayer. There are plenty of posts here asking ABOUT bugs, since most of the bugs have already been discovered. and let me ask you, did you use guided arrow on a zon in 09 with even 1 point into pierce? Techinically that was a bug...

Sessily. i think the bug you are mentioning has something to do with andy dropping like the quest kill if you talk to a certain npc first (i forget which one now). Be aware that is this a SUSPECTED bug and hasnt really been proven yet
wth? Its quite easy to demonstrate. She will never drop a magical item that isnt a failed set with her quest drop. If you can get andariel, after going to act 2, to drop a magic item which there exists a set version of that she would be able to drop, than the bug is there. otherwise, it isnt. You people make things too hard sometimes.

I can't comment whether the bug is actually there or not, since I play single player, and they may have patched it on bnet. But in SP it's there all right.

cOMMANDo

Diabloii.Net Member
i personally dont' think this "bug" works

i've tried talking to the npc, and not, and done hundreds of runs each way, i have found good things either way
its all LUCK!

Mistress

Diabloii.Net Member
I read this thread and clicked on Kashya once and bam a SOJ dropped. Don't know if this played a factor but I know I'm clicking her every run now.

Mistress

cOMMANDo

Diabloii.Net Member
Mistress said:
I read this thread and clicked on Kashya once and bam a SOJ dropped. Don't know if this played a factor but I know I'm clicking her every run now.

Mistress

luck, ive found an soj on her also, and 2 bul kathos, i might have talked to an npc on one of those runs, maybe
mf= LUCK ONLY

D'Shay

Diabloii.Net Member
i tried if for 15 runs and only had one ring drop the entire time, it was a cathans LOL

i have better luck with pit runs

Zenkat

Diabloii.Net Member
You dont quite understand. You dont need to click an npc every run, its when you first kill andariel for the quest, and talk to warriv (or anyone else) after that quest, that she resets for good. She will always drop rares/sets/uniques (or failed sets/uniques) every single time you kill her after that, regardless of mf.

You can easily see this, she will NEVER drop a scroll/potion/gold/normal items/magical items (that arent failed). Tho it seems sometimes she'll drop runes/gems still.

Zenkat

Diabloii.Net Member
Check the magic items, if they have double the normal durability, its called a failed set item.

Only items you cant check for this are throwing weapons and bows/xbows.

But you can assume these are failed sets too, as all magic items that you can check, i have, and they are all double.