Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Andariel Bug

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Sessily, Feb 21, 2004.

1. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

Andariel Bug

Can someone briefly explain the bug pertaining to Andariel's first drop being reset after doing .. what?

2. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

When you first kill Andariel you get a quest drop with the 3 hardcoded gems.

Now you have 2 options:
    1. You don't talk to the NPCs to complete the quest.

2. You do talk to them.

When you don't talk to them, Andy starts to drop from her non-quest TC and with lowered qualities. This continues until you have a word with one of the NPCs in act1.

Now the quest is completed and you can go to act2. But now Andy starts dropping for her quest TC again.

3. breez

breez IncGamers Member

I think the bug is fixed since I get shitty drops from Hell Andariel these days (one time she dropped 0 items, not even money or pots!) Playing EuroLadder.

4. FattyMcGee

FattyMcGee IncGamers Member

she ;) just look at where the chains are connected

But I agree, I think the bug has been fixed as well. In the last 2-3 weeks I started getting way worse drops from her than I used to. I still do her along with meph and baal in my mf games, but I'm starting to think it's not worth it anymore like it used to be.

--fatty

5. breez

breez IncGamers Member

Ahah =D Fixed..

6. moi

moi IncGamers Member

Andariel's quest drop is more likely to have nodrops than regular act bosses drops. Run her in a game with at least a few people in it for maximun effect. Perhaps the bug has been fixed on the realms, if so, its certainly easy to verify. Andariel's quest drop never drops magical. If you get a magical item that is not a failed set item, she didn't drop her quest drop.

7. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Also the quest drop will never have money or potions (or arrows/bolts/scrolls) in it. However the non-quest drop will have that stuff almost every time. So pretty easy to check. The fact that someone was complaining! about not getting money or potions suggests she is still dropping the quest drop.

8. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

You must mean - Andariel´s quest drop... I mean Duriel who always drops his famous portal scroll and ... sometimes.... something other :lol:

9. amphreded

amphreded IncGamers Member

andariel actually gave me a lot of good stuff, but nothing ever too great about her. i think i got a tal rasha mask, natayla's boot and a rising sun at once. duriel in the other hand.... he dropped me 0 item once and one time he dropped me a cracked yew wand (with no mods). now i completely stopped killing duriel. all he ever gave me was a rattlecage and a 32% chance guard

10. rogier

rogier IncGamers Member

andariel still working for me :)

last 50 runs about 48 runs I got at least a rare, never got arrows or that stuff tho..

could someone try this:

talk to kaysha, run mephisto then.
    last 15 runs I got at least a rare each time :p

11. moi

moi IncGamers Member

the andariel drop bug has nothing to do with talking to an NPC before every run, and no such bug exists for any other act boss.