And you thought signing your credit card meant something i

Ev_

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm subscribed to Zug's newsletter. I loved the credit card prank. The penis enlargement pill test was the best though.

kernelpops

Diabloii.Net Member
An old boss of mine told me to always sigh for ups packages with a bogus name, he always used Carey Grant, That way if there is a problem you can call the company you ordered it from and say you never received it.

Because all UPS has for proof is a bogus name.

DrunkPotHead

Diabloii.Net Member
I saw this on my local news over a year ago, with the Mickey Mouse signature in some store in Manhattan. They also got away with it, so it's not really news.

Yaboosh

Diabloii.Net Member
One time a guy came through our drive thru (I work at a subshop) and paid with a credit card that had the name of Homer Simpson on it. The guy was asian, so I imagined that it wasn't really his name. Never did find out how that happened.

caddad

Diabloii.Net Member
Mine has *CHECK PHOTO ID* written in big red sharpie ink on it. You'd be surprised how many check my ID.

(it's not signed and not one person has refused it)

-D2netDad

Amra

Diabloii.Net Member
D2netDad said:
Mine has *CHECK PHOTO ID* written in big red sharpie ink on it. You'd be surprised how many check my ID.

(it's not signed and not one person has refused it)

Mine says *ASK FOR ID* in red sharpie.

About 90% of the time they do.

Damotta

Diabloii.Net Member
While I was half-way done reading the second part of the prank, I thought to myself "he should try it out at Best Buy" because anytime I buy something there (at the Best Buy in Reno, NV), even if it's something as small as a CD, they scrutinize my signatures to see if they match up. lol To my surprise he did...but he didnt go through with the transaction. Too bad :(

Also, I've once been asked to sign my credit card at the counter because I'd left the space previously unsigned. I did, they accepted it, just like the guy doing the prank.

Edit: after spending 2 years working at a sub sandwich shop where I'd have to build sandwiches according to the customers specifications, I can easily relate to employees who dont give a crap about what signatures look like. I know I sure didnt. Most of the time my thoughts were more along the line of "omg, just take your food and leave. and DONT track mud across the floor I just mopped!"

maccool

Diabloii.Net Member
Amra said:
Mine says *ASK FOR ID* in red sharpie.

About 90% of the time they do.
Hmmm, mine says ASK FOR SUPEREGO. They never do. Must be Jungians.

Terrible psychology joke. Sorry, won't happen again...today.

axeil

Diabloii.Net Member
maccool said:
Hmmm, mine says ASK FOR SUPEREGO. They never do. Must be Jungians.

Terrible psychology joke. Sorry, won't happen again...today.

What about those crazy Behavorist types?