and they say we're crazy...

Sergeant

Diabloii.Net Member
and they say we're crazy...

South Korean Marines. ROK Marines as US Marines call them. These guys are hardcore Marines. If we trained like them, we would be fearsome^2.

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/offbeat/gallery/2004/0129/9.korea.snow.ap.jpg

I mean, I know US Marines do crazy stuff and are known for their fearless behavior but DANG, these guys have big steel ones to be doing that, IN South Korea, IN January. If you've ever been to South Korea in the fall or winter, when it gets cold, it gets COLD.

They call the Marines who fought at the Chosin Resevoir during the Korean war the "Frozen Chosin". We lost many to the cold and frostbite. These guys are animals.

masterazn

Banned
Yeah but Sarge, the hardest thing ever would still be to crawl behind people in the dark with a huge rifle and a bunch of explosives, not to mention crawling in vents and hanging on pipes. Do they do that in Korea too?

VampiroXIII

Diabloii.Net Member
I've heard about those guys. This one person I talked to said that they break up the ice on rivers so they can bathe in the water.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
masterazn said:
Yeah but Sarge, the hardest thing ever would still be to crawl behind people in the dark with a huge rifle and a bunch of explosives, not to mention crawling in vents and hanging on pipes. Do they do that in Korea too?
Still playing Splinter Cell?

thejdawg2

Diabloii.Net Member
I can hardly handle going outside in this -5 degree(-28 windchill) weather we're having, and they're playing in the water? I'd be dead. Literally.

nnndave

Diabloii.Net Member
I understand thats crazy, but I really don't think extreme cold makes you any tougher. Remember the old Green Bay coach? He would never let his players wear jackets or stand in front of a heater because the cold made them "tough". Well, it didn't really do much besides freeze thier joints so they couldn't play as well.

Yaboosh

Diabloii.Net Member
They still handled your boys in the Ice Bowl, hehehe.

Freezing the field was pretty genius.

Sergeant

Diabloii.Net Member
MT, on the dogs:

Use the diversion cameras. It knocks them out as well as it does guards. I've never tried it but you could just try to kill the dogs. Unless it sets off the guards or alarms. I might have to rent it again now.

I wish I could get it off BT, those rat punks took it down for some reason.

Durf: ROK Marines don't bother with the yolk, they just eat a live chicken. Aside from their crazy snow throwing antics, those guys are serious Marines, I would hate to go head to head with them.

LunarSolaris

Diabloii.Net Member
I just watched Full Metal Jacket again the other night and it brought up a somewhat related question that I know you can answer Josh...

Boot camp is much different in Marines training now than it was back then isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but drill sargeants are not allowed to strike recruits or humiliate them anymore are they? I have no clue what the rules are.

Corneo

Diabloii.Net Member
That's nothing, Canucks can do that the same and camp out in an igoo in the middle of January.

VampiroXIII

Diabloii.Net Member
LunarSolaris said:
I just watched Full Metal Jacket again the other night and it brought up a somewhat related question that I know you can answer Josh...

Boot camp is much different in Marines training now than it was back then isn't it? Correct me if I'm wrong, but drill sargeants are not allowed to strike recruits or humiliate them anymore are they? I have no clue what the rules are.
Drill Instructors cannot aggressively strike any recruit for any reason. They can yell all they want, and have to be careful what they say as well. Politics has gotten it's nose WAY too far into it.