Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

And the best pit run char is...?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Fire_Dragon, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Fire_Dragon

Fire_Dragon IncGamers Member

And the best pit run char is...?

Very simple question, please don't complicate it. What is THE BEST pit running char? Also please provide a reason why. Thanks!

2. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Whatss the best pit runner? What's the best pvp'er? What's the best mf'er? What's the best looking character?

Guess what? It's all a matter of opinion and play style.

That said, skellymancers, hammerdins and sorcs seem to be popular.

3. Voldemort

Voldemort IncGamers Member

4. Piecemaker

Piecemaker IncGamers Member

i would definitely say hammerdin, especially if you have great gear for him. I have a lvl92 hmmerdin with enigma, heart of the oak and call to arms. My hammers do 11k damage, i have 2800 life or so(after BO from CTA), 15k defense(holy shield + defiance merc), 550 mana, all resists 75. A pit run takes me 4-5 minutes thanks to enigma. I have around 350% MF.
    If u dont have such gear, a good sorc is maybe better if she can handle the immunes.

5. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

id say a good old Nova/Orb sorc.

i have a lvl ** mf nova/orb sorc with about 550% mf including gear and charms and i can clear hell pit easily.

i use shako (ptopaz)
    Skullders (ptopaz)
    tals ammy
    rhyme grim shield
    gull dagger
    1 soj
    a 28% nagel
    46% war travs
    38% chancies

and a lot of mf sc's (some 3% all the way to 6% - i dont have any 7%)

casters dont rely on very good gear to kill as i believe hammerdins to do

i find this is the best char to run pit on as there are very few lightening / cold immune chars. (ive run pit ALOT and only even seen 2)

6. superdude0526

superdude0526 IncGamers Member

I use a javazon with maxed lightning fury. I use etheral titans and gear that adds to IAS, upgraded Twitch 20% IAS and other nice stats, Bood Gloves, 20% IAS - 3% Life Steal - 7% Crushing Blow - 25% MF, Shako, Gore Riders.

I can clean house very fast and effectively at clvl 83 and I have a lvl 83 Offensive Merc that adds to my damage (merc is doing 1.8k). Anything that is not lightning immune goes down faster than you can spit. And with all the IAS equipment I have and maxed out jab and aura from merc the LI's are really no threat or a problem.

I also usually do Diablo runs as I find he's the easiest to do now. Setup is always the same and I just target the Oblivion Knights with LF right away before they can cast IM on my minions. Once everyone is cleared I just get right into Diablo's Belly and jab him to death. My chance to hit him is quite high and I hardly take any damage at all. Oh btw, my resists are -70 to fire, cold & poison and -20% to lightning ...:) I rarely ever die and usually its just because I'm trying to go too fast.

Best thing I like about doing Hell Diablo runs, no "BURNING SOULS"!

7. cksonner

cksonner IncGamers Member

My Barbarian

I use my Barbarian with BOTD eth warpike enigma and other mf stuff then I weapon switch to 2 Ali Babas for the find item spell for all the dead monsters.
    On find item only I have found 3 t-gods,2 marrowwalks,mavs,nats,gris, trangs armors, Eth 6 socket t-maul. and tons of other useful stuff. One drop from the chest was 2 rainbow facets only.

8. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

I also have a lightning javazon, and I wouldn't reccomend the pits for two reasons. 1) You can't wear enough mf gear to make it worth it. 2) The archers in the Pit are lit immune and a total pain in the ***, especially when you don't feel like maxing out jab because its a waste of points.

As he said, diablo runs are probably the BEST for javazons.