Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

And people argue with me when I say there should be a licence to have kids...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Anakha1, Mar 15, 2004.

1. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

And people argue with me when I say there should be a licence to have kids...

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/8188073.htm

2. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

man, thats justsick... i meanmi've read about people who left dogs behind, but babies? :scratch:

sick, just plain sick...

3. Silvermyst

Silvermyst IncGamers Member

Hey i've always thought people need a license to have kids :howdy: :lol:

It really is a shame things like this have to happen. The man needs a good kick to the daddy-bag to ensure he can't reproduce again, although this should've happened before an innocent life was at risk.

4. DurfBarian

DurfBarian IncGamers Member

Hey, at least those people were heterosexuals. Can you imagine how bad it would have been for the kid if homosexuals were allowed to marry and raise her?

:(

5. Wolfwind

Wolfwind IncGamers Member

Meh. I've always been a fan of licensing child birth. Issue common-sense testing.

Anyone who fails will have to be rendered sterile, as they clearly should not be allowed to breed. Also a fan of the 'Remove-safety-labels-and-allow-natural-selection' method too.

People suck.

6. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I'm so not kidding about having licenses to reproduce. I don't think it should be a right. After all, it's not a delicious turkey dinner. When failure ruins another person's life, certain precautions should be taken to prevent asshats like this guy from spawning. We license people to drive after they've proven that they know how to be responsible with a piece of machinery because buggering it up can ruin or end yours or someone else's life. So why not the same for producing mini-me's when buggering that up can have the same effect?

7. Yaboosh

Yaboosh IncGamers Member

Child bearing shouldnt be a right? Are you insane? What right do we have that is more sacred than child bearing?

8. swami

swami Banned

The right to live...

(and not be murdered at 9 months old).

Heh, I hear where you're coming from. I don't think any sort of regulation can/should be applied to having chiddlers. Although having said that it does sort of make sense.

Let's hear some arguments?

9. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

I believe the welfare of the child comes first and foremost. Some people, like the guy above, are obviously not equipped to have children and the only one who suffers from that ineptitude is the child.

People should at least be required to take a parenting course before having them and require them to pass it.

There's a guy on CNN here who was just convicted of raping an infant and leaving her for dead. And yet if and when he gets out of jail he'll be allowed to father a child if he so chooses because it's his right. These are extreme examples, of course, but I see way too many completely hopeless parents raising miserable and maladapted children. That's unacceptable in my opinion.

10. swami

swami Banned

*looks down into pants

Hey I resent that I am equipped to have children!!1

11. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

:D

I meant the guy in the first article in the first post, obviously. :xtongue: And I meant mentally, not physically.

12. SaroDarksbane

SaroDarksbane IncGamers Site Pal

Parenting is the single most important job in the world, and the only requirement to getting it is to complete a puzzle with a whopping two pieces.*

* Completeing the puzzle may no longer be required. See Rosie ODonnell for details.

13. Deathwing

Deathwing Banned

There are more important rights to be taken away first! Freedom of speech for one - how many times have you wished a commando team would burst into that l33t sp34|King g05us house and give him a 9mm ear piercing? Would the joy of being able to report someone who put ^____^ at the end of every sentance to a death squad be worth the loss of this right? Surveys suggest: Hell yes!

14. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

Hey, I'm not saying this isn't an extremely controversial subject and that my opinions probably will be agreed upon by a lot of people here. There are a lot of technicals to work out before such a plan would be implemented.

Now if I REALLY wanted to make this thread controversial I could state how I think that full citizenship rights should only be given to those who have served in the military or otherwise served their country through toil and sacrifice and actually earned those rights. Perhaps in another thread, though. :teeth:

15. SaroDarksbane

SaroDarksbane IncGamers Site Pal

Why not just put that 9mm piercing somewhere else and prevent the fathering of any more "gosus" from that father?

You see? It all comes back to reproductive regulation . . . ^_______^

16. Deathwing

Deathwing Banned

Well, I was implying that they should be shot in the head, which would rule out any non necrophiliacs breeding with them. Mind you, the internets most powerful power is the... power to unify groups which have no real reason for existing, like furries, people who have sex with balloons and people who write erotic CSI fan fiction, so www.deadl33tgosus4necros.com would have about 50k members in a hour of the death squads starting their work.

Maybe we could find a way kill 2 birds with 1 flamethrower?

Oh, and even though I just made that address up, I wouldn't risk trying it out.

17. SirKnightmare

SirKnightmare IncGamers Member

You can't do something so stupid and drastic as making it so you need a license for kids. It would just be a hassle, another pain like the DMV. Look at all the accidents and drunk drivers that kill, licenses don't do crap. Same with your radical baby license, it wouldn't stop this stuff from happening and even if it did you shouldn't punish the millions and millions of parents for the stupid acts of others.

Like Columbine, pretty much all students in America paid for the mass hysteria it caused with things like metal detectors and no tolerence policies that expelled kids for o so deadly nail clippers.

No offense but most of you don't know how to interpret the news. They report one thing and you think it is happening everywhere. The news tracked every movement of 9/11 and you were paranoid that terrorists were coming after you. I remember I was a sophmore in high school when it happened, there was an air force base about 50 miles from us and some kids actually thought that we were next because of that. People really need to get a hold of themselves.

18. Savage

Savage IncGamers Member

If there was an error-proof, practical way to ensure only good, responsible people have kids I'd be all for it.

19. Anakha1

Anakha1 Banned

At least the lack of a license stops some people from getting behind the wheel before they know what they're doing.

There are a lot of godawful parents out there. In this case it does happen everywhere and the kids are the ones who are going through this miserable life and growing up to be little degenerates like their parents. And if you look back through the OTF history you'll see a lot of threads on cases of gross child abuse and negligence by horrible parents. It's not an isolated case. Terrible parenting and child abuse is pervasive and widespread.

And therein lies the problem. I don't know how such a plan would be effectively implemented. I just wish it could be.

20. Silvermyst

Silvermyst IncGamers Member

Sorry but you can't actually believe licenses do crap. I would imagine letting 8-year olds drive cars can't possibly be a good thing. How about pilot licenses, I'm glad as hell they don't let just anyone pilot my somewhat frequent flights over the pacific ocean.
    Of course licenses aren't going to stop any and all problems 100%, but at least the action of obtaining one would educate people on how to actually raise and take care of a child, and ensure they understand what they've been taught.
    I'd be more then willing to take a course/test/whatever to prove my ability to have a family.

Edit: dammit ankahahoo, beat me to it. :grrr: