Ancients glitch?

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
Ancients glitch?

I was soloing hell with my baba, when upon defeating the ancients I recieved no skills/stats. I didn't even get the "you are worthy" dialog, however I completed the quest. I'm unsure if I got a level, since I was soloing it the levels just kept coming so I didn't pay much attention.

I'm pretty sure this is a glitch if anything, but I think I killed the last of the ancients (mawduk) via open wounds. I'll check my stats to see if I got a level.

Since I've pumped nothing but vitality this makes this easy.

I'm level 78, with 425 vit (without +stats from gear/anni), with a base of 25, so 400 into vit, -15 from 3 book quests = 385, 385/5 = 77 (normal since you don't get stats for lvl 1)

Ok, so my character apparently didn't get a level, so at least I didn't lose out on 20 life/another skill because of this glitch, I just didn't get the quest bonus :(.

Strange glitch, but not as dangerous as I thought when I first wrote this up. I'm not sure if OW caused this, but be wary of it.

were you in a game where someone else killed ancients before? the other night i joined a game to kill ancients for a few people. someone died and didn't get the quest. so he started a new game and i killed for him. but he said he didn't get the lvl bonus

MoonUnit

Diabloii.Net Member
Well its not really a 'bug' but since it now gives 1 lvl worth of xp, I've had chars get the quest but not lvl. This has happened at lvl 80+ so im not too sure. Basically I think the ancients quest just gives you a boatload of xp so that it wouldnt be misused to get from 98 to 99 for example. Not sure if im right or not but I think I am close. Hopefully others can explain better.

Hope this helps.

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
I know it gives the exp, but my bar didn't budge. :( I didn't even get the "worthy hero" dialog. I was in a solo passworded game that I created.

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
MoonUnit said:
Well its not really a 'bug' but since it now gives 1 lvl worth of xp, I've had chars get the quest but not lvl.
As far as I know, you get a fixed amount of experience, without any penalties. HOWEVER, that amount is capped to one level at most, so you can't just skip normal/nightmare ancients and do them later to get from 97 to 99 :)

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
What does your quest log say?
If it still says not completed, you can still do the quest and get the reward.

Necrochild313

Diabloii.Net Member
SirDooFuss said:
What does your quest log say?
If it still says not completed, you can still do the quest and get the reward.
It said quest completed :eek:

I'm doing baal runs with that barb now, I never had to redo the quest even though I didn't get the reward.

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Necrochild313 said:
It said quest completed :eek:

I'm doing baal runs with that barb now, I never had to redo the quest even though I didn't get the reward.
There are two reasons for not leveling up when killing the ancients at lvl 78.

1) At level 78, you require 52 million experience to lvl up. The quest reward for killing the ancients is 40 million or 1 lvl (whichever is less) so it's possible you got the reward and it wasn't enough for you to level up. You deny your experience bar moved, so that's not it.

2) Another possibility is that previous to your fight with the ancients, you were sitting in town in a public game when the ancients were killed for quest. If that happened, then you would have already received the bonus, so you couldn't receive it again. Before your fight with the ancients, did you check your quest log to see if it had already been completed? Were the ancients' statues gold or the old rock color before you fought them?