Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ancients dropping items?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by nobledarkmoon, Mar 23, 2005.

1. nobledarkmoon

nobledarkmoon IncGamers Member

Ancients dropping items?

I am not sure if it is a bug or not that was in the previous patch, but i have only seen it happen a few times playing on the realms.

the way i remember it happening was create a game with a char that needs the quest, leave and bring back a char eg. lvl 90 plus that will kill all except for one of the ancients, and reduce that ones life to very low. then leave the game and come back with the char that requires the quest, kill the last ancient very fast.

it only happened like 10% of the time that the last ancient will drop items, as if it was a normal unique monster. i am not sure if it was a bug or not.

does anyone know anything else about this or ever seen it happen as well??

if something did drop it was always 4 hps and a magical polearm

it also only happened in normal.

2. YamiRaziel

YamiRaziel IncGamers Member

never heard of it...and never happend to me.....i think it was a bud if it happend...

3. Orphan

Orphan IncGamers Member

Hmm, unless I'm misreading something, when you quit the game as your high level character, the ancients would reset (similar to if you cast a town portal up on Arreat Summit). If there's no-one on Arreat Summit, the ancients go back to their stone statue form.

4. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

i belive this bug has been fixed and it was called the bishibosh bug for the reason thay had their TCs set to the same as bishibsh in that mode, when you left the screen. thats what made them drop items.

5. Arbedark

Arbedark IncGamers Member

IIRC the correct way to get this to work was to make a game, and go up to the arreat summit. Wait for 5 minutes so the game would be perm'd on realms. activate the ancients, leave the game for 5 minutes, come back and kill them. this would acuse them to drop a number of items. similar to pindle etc.

Arb

6. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Cool... so that bug doesn't work anymore?

Were the items dropped by Ancients any good? Their mlvl will be much higher than hell champions, no?

- Dennis

7. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

It was from the Bishibosh TC, which is a superunique in act 1 hell. It was pretty crappy.

The bug was fixed.

8. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

yeah bishibosh tc was 63 and the ancients mlvl was 87 i think. witch makes the best item you could have fond off them was the unique shako, and meph was still the better target for this kinda thing. running them wasnt worth your time, and non of the people i knew ever did these runs.