Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ancients credit?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Karmal, Apr 17, 2005.

1. Karmal

Karmal IncGamers Member

Ancients credit?

Ok, I've been playing two of my characters in the same game. 1 is a lvl 82 druid, and the other is a lvl 1 barbarian. Anyway, I am trying to get the barbarian credit for it (or somehow bypass it which I doubt) so that I can kill Baal and get him into nightmare (the main reason is simple: I figure the best way to get a powerful might merc from act 2 is to obtain it at the lowest level possible hence this rushing thing.

Everytime I've attempted this, it says I can't complete it that it has already been finished in the game yet I still see the Find Baals Throne quest added with the "You have done well hero...." speech in the quest menu.

Anyone know how to do this? Really I just have my barbarian do melee (minimal damage obviously being done) and let the druid do hurricane. The ancients die, and it says my barb can't complete (same group and everything)

2. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

You cannot complete the Ancients quest if your level is below 20/40/60 in normal/nightmare/hell.

To get your character into nightmare, you need help. Go into a game with him where somebody who hasn't solved the quest will be in the Worldstone Chamber when Baal gets killed, either by himself or by party members. All party members who are in act 5 will get the quest solved then, so your character can stay in town.

3. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

There would be no benefit in doing this. A merc's stats are entirely dependent on their level and the difficulty in which they are hired. Their level at the time of hiring does not matter, except that you'll need to level them more.

4. djIgneo

djIgneo IncGamers Member

I have heard rumors that the lower level mercs, once leveled are more powerful at an equal level with the ones hired at semi-high levels. I haven't seen any noticeable difference personally.

Aren't the mercenary levels fixed at a certain range though? I thought no matter what clvl you were, the mercenaries would be around level 43-47 in Nightmare.

5. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

You cannot hire a mercenary at a higher character level than you are. It is not the level that they are hired at that makes them stronger than their counterparts it is the difficulty in which they are hired. Example: A mercenary hired in normal will have better stats than one hired in nightmare or hell. Likewise a mercenary hired in nightmare will have better stats than one hired in hell. Also, mercenaries hired earlier in the game have less experience required to reach their next level, so they are easier to level.

Check out the mercenary guide for more information: http://strategy.diabloii.net/news.php?id=580