Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ancient Tunnels

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by The_Redemptor, Apr 2, 2004.

1. The_Redemptor

The_Redemptor IncGamers Member

Ancient Tunnels

I'm a passionate item hunter. My hammer pala has 600% magic find and I can do item runs without getting bored for hours. Sure some of you know that the 'Ancient Tunnels' in act2 have area level 85 and that there is no unique or set item a unique monster in the 'Ancient Tunnels' couldn't drop (even Tyrael's Might (treasure class 87, qlvl 87)). That's why I often do my item runs there. My question: Do you know if monsters in areas with area level 85 (or 81+) can also drop high level runes like ber, jah, cham or zod? (It is a pity that some prefixes on small charms can only drop from lister, baal or diablo though).
    I read somewhere there is a +46-50 life suffix for grand charms, but a monster would need mlvl 110 to drop it. If you know such a monster...

2. Eisirt

Eisirt IncGamers Member

Diablo Clone....but he only drops Anni.

3. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

i know the pit can for the high runes, so i would say that other lvl 85 small maps can as well.

4. EndTheory

EndTheory IncGamers Member

ancient tunnels should be able to drop any rune ya..

btw - i'm with you on enjoying mf. I use my wind druid and have about 400 or so mf and can do several runs without getting bored (particularly if i'm finding good stuff).

5. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

this suffix was made for a monster with an mlvl that high, but ulitmately this monster wasnt included in the final version of the game IIRC

6. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

Even if a monster had mlvl 110 and could drop charms, it couldn't drop that suffix. The affix level is capped at 99. As the code stands you can't even mod a monster to drop that suffix, you would have to mod the suffix to have alvl < 100.

When monsters have their TC upgraded due to being in a high level area, it upgrades both their equipment TC (which everyone seems to have grasped now) and also their "good" TC, which is where runes, jewels, charms, gems come from. The top good TC can drop Zod, so monsters in level 85 areas can drop Zod.

That doesn't mean they are very likely to, but they can :)

7. lumberg

lumberg IncGamers Member

i found an ohm in the chest at the end of the ancient tunnels...

8. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

I heard (myth yes/no?) that diablo clone has 1/4 chance to spawn in nightmare when the server "walks" and that he has 1/4 chance to drop anni, and the rest of the drops are a normal boss drop for his mlvl.

can anyone prove this?
    I know on the battlenet site it says he can only spawn in hell, but I've heard people tell me they got such and such unique off him in nightmare (they may be lying)

9. Amiral

Amiral IncGamers Member

ive gotten the xxxx sojs sold to merchants in both normal and nm games...

10. Kaitana Lane

Kaitana Lane IncGamers Member

All games on that server sees the message regardless of difficulty. However he can only walk in the Hell games. This is fact.

11. Amiral

Amiral IncGamers Member

ok... but ive got a friend whos got him walkin in NM...