Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

An Unfinished PAT...please advise.

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by lpblasch, Sep 5, 2006.

1. lpblasch

lpblasch IncGamers Member

An Unfinished PAT...please advise.

So today I began my second set of seven characters to finish the game. Frenzee, a level 80 Frenzy barb, beat the game wearing:
    Lionheart armor
    Arreats Face
    Atma's Scarab
    2xRazor's Edge Tomahawk (best axes I have)
    Gore Riders
    Laying of Hands
    Raven Frost
    Carrion Wind

He ws supported with an Act 2 Might merc, using Shaftstop/Vampire Gaze/Reapers Toll.

For Stats, with gear he was:
    Str 159
    Dex 116
    Vit 313
    Eng 20

For skills, he has:
    20 Frenzy
    13 Double Swing
    20 Axe Mastery
    22 BO
    7 Shout
    6 Natural Resistance
    1 in all prereqs

For resis, they are:
    Fire 75
    Cold 40
    Light 40
    Poison 75

So here is why he is unfinished: I have 34 Stat points left to invest. I kept thinking I might need more Dex or Str in case I found better axes. Since that didn't happen, where should I best put those points? Is there a combination of gear I could use which might need them in some place other than Vit?

Also, this is my first build where I didn't follow a build guide, so I was undecided all through the game as to which weapon to use. I chose the axes because of the deadly strike and open wound properties, but I wonder how well Frenzy barbs do with swords or maces? I have an Azurewrath and a doombringer I could have used; for maces, B Star is the best I have. What's your opinion on the choice of weapons?
    Thanks

2. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

Congratulations, Ipblasch! I like double swing and maces for my Barbarians, usually, but I like to try unusual builds, too (like a Spear Mastery Barbarian), so whatever works for you is good!

Jude

3. Deaddave

Deaddave IncGamers Member

what you want is a fast wepon in your 'main hand' and a slow big hurty wepon in your off hand because frenzy works buy using the main wepons attack speed. as for stat points just dump them in vit more life always rules :D

4. Atil

Atil IncGamers Member

I have a Patriarch Frenzy Barbarian built around Bul-Kathos' Children, who was fun and effective. I think weapon choice is basically a personal thing. I know he could do more/faster damage with other weapons, but he was a theme build and those are the best ones, IMHO.