Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

an opinion o' mine

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by poo, Mar 22, 2004.

1. poo

poo IncGamers Member

an opinion o' mine

ok, i was in this norm baal run game with my new skelemancer, when this amazon asks this sorc in that game what the big yellow ball above his head was (energy shield, for peeps not into sorcys). i thought it was a valid question, this kid was new to the game and he wanted to learn as much as he could, good for him. When the sorc starts to berate him for the question spurting insults and frequently using "noob". Well, ive been kinda cranky today and this was the straw that broke that camels back. :rant: I layed in to him so bad that soon i had the rest of the run against him (soon he just left). I hate it when kids have been playing for a few month and think they are the d2 guru. Times like this when d2 listed adress of people playing it.

One last thing "NOOB" is someone who comes into a game hostiles everyone, talks smack then gets his *** kicked; A "NEWB" is someone new to the game who us more vetraned players should help and guide as much as possible.

Thats my opinion think of it what you want-- Poo
    :rant: :rant: :rant:

2. DarkHelmet

DarkHelmet IncGamers Member

couldn't agree more with u

3. Reggitsan

Reggitsan Banned

wat dos nrg sheild du??

--- On second thought, nvm. I can't seem to believe people are just now getting into this game. I tend to just congratulate them for getting out from under their rock.

4. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

OMG Awesome avatar darkhelmet!
    Spaceballs, great movie
    "Use the Schwartz!!"

5. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

OK, so what is that yellow ball above the Sorceress head?

Just kidding, lol

Masa

6. Smith

Smith Banned

Hm, yes people do act mean like that a lot.

7. Djinni

Djinni IncGamers Member

I really can't understand the attitude of a sadly huge chunk of the community.
    Fortunately, not everyone is like that & it's often glaringly obvious who the mature & immature people in a game are from the moment you enter a pubby game.
    I hit squelch everytime someone is annoying & i always advise others to do the same, arguing with these kind of jumped up kiddies is pointless. They will just 'NOOB!' you to death everytime you make a valid statement, it's a guarentee :)
    All i want to do is play & have some entertainment instead of listening to the dribble of some people who frankly take this game much too seriously

8. YomoKimyata

YomoKimyata IncGamers Member

i remember the first time I saw holy shield on a paladin and asked him 'hey, what shield are you using that looks like that'

sadly, that really wasn't that long ago...

and I still have no idea what energy shield or fend does. people develop their favorite classes and tend to stick with them.

9. .EYRIS.ONE.

.EYRIS.ONE. IncGamers Member

great movie :cheesy: it was terrible! j/ks it was awesome :lol:

peace.

10. raffster

raffster IncGamers Member

A major turning point I had in my Diablo experience (this happened weeks after 1.10 was launched) happened in a Baal run where I was just so "lucky" everybody in the game (except me) was really immature, impolite and annoying $#^[email protected]#. As silly as this may sound, I only played Barb since the day that Diablo 2 came out. I just love the fighter class and that's just how I am. Even in Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale my party is always composed of 6 fighters, 3 with a subclass either mage, cleric or thief.

So anyway there was this Paladin doing that spinning round thing around him (I didn't know then that they were called Blessed Hammers) so I asked the player what do you call that attack skill. Everybody jumped on me. I never saw that many nOObs hurled to my face in my Diablo experience. I felt I committed a crime for playing only barb and not knowing much about other classes. :(

Feeling really insulted I left the game without saying a word and took a breather. That same night I began my first non-barb class and my hammerdin was "born." My hammerdin is now L89 doing 13K-13K hammers :) To date I have built one major sub-class of each of the 7 main classes--100% tweaked. There are still a lot that I have to know about skills but my knowledge now is a far cry from what it was when I just played barb. I could participate with almost any discussion about any class or character type/build.

That awful experience I had turned out a blessing in disguise after all.

The greatest part of it is that I proved myself wrong when I thought that barbs were the only fun characters to play. In reality all characters are fun to play. My favorite so far is my kickasin (my latest "child") because with her I could truly kick-A$$.

11. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

There are seven classes, it would be a waste if you would only play one of them IMHO.

Energy Shield: Reduces all dmg done while active by a %.

Fend: Zeal, for an amazon.