Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

An Open Letter on Botting from the Diablo Community

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by nerdwards, Oct 18, 2015.

1. DaveTheBrave

DaveTheBrave Diabloii.Net Member

Another non-problem; don't watch them.

2. Summoning

Summoning Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Time played is so inexact that Blizzard won't use it as a TOS violation metric. If you think that server-side lag is a problem now, just imagine what kind of resources it would take to trace every game session for character movement patterns. Blizzard won't do that and pummel their own infrastructure. While I respect and admire the skills of the petition signers, what's to gain? Pretend leader boards for a game? You guys need to come up for some air and enjoy life a little more.

3. trocadero

trocadero Diabloii.Net Member

I loathe this idea, but it's probably the best possible solution.

As others have stated, getting rid of Paragon is a big first step. Leveling Leg gems at least feels like it's tied to an actual objective (successfully beating the Guardian under time). Paragon and the regular leveling system are old and garbage, and need to go away. It's 2015, we can do better than this.

4. Cymra

Cymra Diabloii.Net Member

Personally I don't watch anything on Twitch. I watch pro LoL on Youtube but that's it. Blizzard are driving traffic to Twitch though - when Flux reappears ask him about how happy Blizz PR are to name-check streamers over fan sites (I'd suggest hiding behind something when you do though cuz he gets quite animated about it). I get why they do it - more people watching a stream = more visibility of the stream = free advertising of the game. Doesn't mean I have to like it though. There's plenty of things I choose not to watch in this world that I still consider a problem. Power Rangers for example. :D

5. Cymra

Completely away from botting I like the idea of no levels. They experimented with it in WoW when they did the last expansion and gave people a max level character which they had to play through a quest chain before they got access to all of the class skills. With a lot of the "good" stuff being gated to max level it's an issue getting people through to that point. Take the levels away and that problem is solved immediately.

6. Cymra

It wouldn't be time played total, it already tracks how long you've been in a session for or it wouldn't know when you've been AFK long enough to kick you out of a game instance. It's just another column in a database which they can run a search on during the weekly downtime. I'm not suggesting just using that metric as a "insta-ban" clause, just as a cause for further investigation. Realistically if they banned 5 accounts a week (after running the first scan you could spend a few days checking up on account activity which would be less than one persons job) then people would have faith that at least something was being done.

7. Kipex

Kipex Diabloii.Net Member

While in principle I agree, the letter doesn't really provide great solutions to the problems at hand. I was going to rant a whole lot more about other issues, but I get the feeling this site is getting about as much love as the game itself since paragraphs / line breaks have been broken for months, Flux is somewhere and I thought the site itself had been down for like 2 weeks now as diii.net doesn't seem to work anymore :) Add the BlizzCon Diablo presence and it's all quite sad tbh. Shame.

8. HFDOH

HFDOH Diabloii.Net Member

LOLOK October 18, 2015 at 22:32 Sorry to hear about your temporary ban, this is clearly a sore subject for you so I’ll leave it be after reading your reply. Hope you get it all sorted soon -

thank you I have read other diablo forums and it seems that its easier to ban innocent peopel instead of focus on real cheaters and invistigate them. Imo they should focus on laag problems, server problems ect ect but maybe the ban peopel so they buy a new game and then blizzard earn a dime. The worst thing is that a lot of dudes has no ideas what happens and of course a lot of players are not innocent since it seems they write about all the Things they not have done

9. HFDOH

Cromartie October 18, 2015 at 22:32 lol 61 years old and playing d3??,!

started long time ago when first Diablo saw daylight, cuz my children want it and has get hooked since :)Has even been moderator on some scandinavien forums and advice peopel in Building characteres and theirfor Im in chock when I get banned, has been beta tester long time ago (D2) and now this and yes naybe someone will come on get over it but there is a big difference to 20 and 61 and why should I start any kind of cheating?? worst part is that blizzard refuse to tell how and when just a template you are banned. All hate cheateres I guess including me and no doubt that it hurt the game in many ways imo it seems like it easier to ban peopel and blame then for all their server problems in my 20 years in diablo there has never been so much laag, lost game connection , ect ect sad but true and im afraid blizzrd will never use money to fix the real problems ! even when players admit the cheat and do someting techinical they dont get banned, has learn a lot the last days and reading more than 4000 comments about banning sad sad

10. bruteMax

bruteMax Diabloii.Net Member

Flux is alive! :)

11. bruteMax

bruteMax Diabloii.Net Member

That's not hard actually - para 700 -> 1050 in a week. You just need to run organized 4man grifts 55+ and the XP rolls in. I'm gonna guess 4hrs/day will net you that kinda plvl gain. But yeah otherwise I get your point.

12. HFDOH

bruteMax

October 19, 2015 at 14:18

That's not hard actually – para 700 -> 1050 in a week. You just need to run organized 4man grifts 55+ and the XP rolls in. I'm gonna guess 4hrs/day will net you that kinda plvl gain. But yeah otherwise I get your point.

Ok thats surprise me a lot you say that in 4 man GR 55+ you will be able to get 12.5 plvls in 1 hour and if you was able to play for 24 hours(minus eating and drinking toilet ect. you would make 300 Plvls in one day. In my Clan we only manage to do max. 1.5 P lvl in 1 hour and its with dudes Plvl 700-900 ??? If i get my account back before I die of ages(atm 61) I would love to play with you and your friends :)but thanks for your comment

13. HFDOH

a short message if someone should get the idea im a noob there not will admit I have done something wrong I was invited to be a active mod on this site and my guess is that dudes are checked before this could happen. If someone should want I still have the mail from Elly.
    and as earlier mentioned has never get even a warning from blizz before I was banned last week without any evidence just a template message you have vilolated terms bla bla bla bla. Bizzard have huge problems technical with servers laags lost game connections ect ect and if they satrt to band honest players now I fear for the game i have loved for 20 years

14. °OsO°

°OsO° Diabloii.Net Member

This! 10.000 times this!

15. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Diabloii.Net Member

The letter is fine. If someone is cheating they need to be called on it. At the very least, Blizzard should take a public stand on it and not leave the legitimate community wondering if Bliz will take action or let the status quo stand.

"It's just a game" is not a good enough reason to allow cheaters to continue cheating.

16. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Diabloii.Net Member

Just trying to make Diablo a more enjoyable game...

17. HFDOH

willgame be better without cheaters, hackers or botters or what the technical Words are ?? will bizzard really do it?? or will all these comments on different sites create more of these dudes ?? and what about all the innocent banned, dudes like me without evidence or proof just a silly template as I have nmentioned earlier(read my other comments)and they dont even tell you for how long you are banned, just messages like this:
    Status Account Suspended Origination In-game Activity Ban Type in-game activities that violate the Terms of Use. Expires Saturday, 17 October 2015 14:12:56 o'clock BST ) Ban Reason N/A and the 17 october i recieve the nessagge: Status Account Suspended Origination In-game Activity Ban Type in-game activities that violate the Terms of Use. Expires Tuesday, 20 October 2015 16:03:20 o'clock BST (in 2 days) Ban Reason N/A
    and today:

Status Account Suspended
    Origination
    In-game Activity
    Ban Type
    in-game activities that violate the Terms of Use.
    Expires Friday, 23 October 2015 16:27:47 o'clock BST (in 2 days)
    Ban Reason N/A

18. HFDOH

Lanthanide October 20, 2015 at 07:33 After 61 years you should really be better at it by now. You’ve certainly had more time than most to learn.

To learn what dude????If is it a attempt to be arrogant or ???

19. HFDOH

and yes its only a game but in my age with a heartdisease dont make it possible to do the same thing as many others. I just try to tell what it Means to be accuses and banned for something called bots.and it seems like blizzard use a shutgun when they ban someone and their arrogance when you contact them as I write ealier first 'I was banned and when i contact them to defend myself in appeal it took them less than 30 seconds to reply case closed now further comment will be cancelled. If they can invistigate my crimes so fast why cant they copy an paste my so called violations. I cant understand or belive a big company with Blizzard's techies need to use templatesand give an answer and further more post these to messages below in this thread, its much easier for blizzard to ban peopel without proof and make the real cheating dudes buy a new game and play and continue. Blizzard should resolve the real technical problems in the Game, the leaderboard has done more damage then good imo and what about lost game connections and deadly laag in the game. Im afraid that Young dudes are ready to do everything to get on the leaderbord and if they get banned what the hell I just buy a new game, and when someone are banned without evidence they MAYBE hmm maybe i should cheat also cuz it seems I can be banned even i play fair and honest, I recieve a lot of positive comments on many different sites and many are in chock cuz they have know me a long time in this game and know i would never cheat in any way and by the way i dont know even how to do it

20. HFDOH

nox October 20, 2015 at 19:41 If they don’t take action vs the cheating, what’s the point of Always Online again?

they take action imo but with a shotgun and also hit innocent players cuz the dont have to give a proof on cheating as it now its random WHO they hit even maybe 80 % are cheating but what about the last 20 % WHO just play fair, the % i mentioned is actually 78 % cheaters and 22 % dont why they got banned