An open invitation from PvPWest

mrJ

Diabloii.Net Member
An open invitation from PvPWest

OP PVPWest ( http://www.pvpwest.com )
‘An open USWest Dueling Community’

The goal of our group is to create and facilitate a community of good mannered dueling in any form. One on one dueling as well as team dueling is encouraged and promoted. To prevent the gross abuses seen in public dueling games we only have a few rules:

You must ask your opponent to duel and say “go†before dueling.

You must un-hostile whenever asked.

Body guarding, naked-killing, and running to town to heal before a duel has finished are grounds for expulsion.

Only ONE item of absorb and/or max resists is allowed per element (only exception is that two raven frosts are allowed). For example, if you use a raven frost, you may not use Snowclash, if you use Tgods, you may not use a 4-Lo shield.

Call to Arms is generally not allowed. CTA strengthens casters with +all skill items considerably, puts a rich requirement of owning a +6 BO CTA for all your chars, and discourages hybrid duelers. If you have an innovative, non-standard, or weak build that may need it, please ask first.

No hacks or hacked/bugged items allowed (all other items and skills are fine)



PVPWest plans to be a group that will encourage tournaments, events, rushes, group leveling games, as well as constant duels. Our website features original reference tables, PVP guides, and tons of useful links, so stop by and check us out.
 

mcm

Banned
mrJ said:
Yes, class skills are fine.
And use of teleport for any class via Enigma is allowed? Just wanted to clarify since if this is true.. well.. A good barb will beat anything in this environment, easily. w/o CTA no other class has a hope in hell. Sounds good to me :)
 

PlasmaDragon

Diabloii.Net Member
mrJ said:
Yes, class skills are fine.
lol everytime i go to op pvpwest the channel is empty. I've only had 2 duels with yankeesuck and anskiere and that's about it. We need to get more people. I can problaby get 10+ people to join.
 

mrJ

Diabloii.Net Member
PlasmaDragon said:
lol everytime i go to op pvpwest the channel is empty. I've only had 2 duels with yankeesuck and anskiere and that's about it. We need to get more people. I can problaby get 10+ people to join.
That'd be cool if you could, thanks Chris.
 

rare

Diabloii.Net Member
mcm said:
And use of teleport for any class via Enigma is allowed? Just wanted to clarify since if this is true.. well.. A good barb will beat anything in this environment, easily. w/o CTA no other class has a hope in hell. Sounds good to me :)
Heh..

Only one way to find out :cool:
 

PlasmaDragon

Diabloii.Net Member
mcm said:
And use of teleport for any class via Enigma is allowed? Just wanted to clarify since if this is true.. well.. A good barb will beat anything in this environment, easily. w/o CTA no other class has a hope in hell. Sounds good to me :)
ya barbs will be overpowered in 1on1 duels. In team duels though they will suck because everyone gets their bo and shout.

oh wait does that mean prison, im, decrep,etc will be allowed too? i feel sorry for most melee chars and zons.
 

rare

Diabloii.Net Member
PlasmaDragon said:
ya barbs will be overpowered in 1on1 duels. In team duels though they will suck because everyone gets their bo and shout.

oh wait does that mean prison, im, decrep,etc will be allowed too? i feel sorry for most melee chars and zons.
The rules still aren't 100% final. Since its been a while since pvpwest duels took place, there might be some changes.

And I only have a crappy lib right now, but i'll go duel in a bit.
 

mcm

Banned
Please don't let it degenerate into the legislation fest that is Clan Honor...

What's wrong with CTA anyway? At least as far as 1v1 is concerned, it's not going to be much of a challenge for a good BVC to take apart all but the best BVB builds, meaning the playing collective will quickly migrate to barb only builds, most probably being BVC skill sets with max block for BVB encounters.

The only arguments I saw against CTA on the pvpwest web site are a) it means non barbs will always feel compelled to carry a +6 bo CTA and this is expensive, and b) CTA "unnaturally" doubles a non barb's life.

To address (a), so the hell what? PVP builds are almost always expensive. Boo hoo. Going to excessive lengths as to ban items/skills just to allow johnny poor scum to play with his peasant-crown+skullders-using fire sorc really isn't in the interest of most players, who do not fall into this category. Besides, the difference between a +3 bo CTA (cheap as dirt) and a +6 bo CTA really isn't THAT much.

As far as (b) goes, who exactly decided it was not natural? Sure wasn't blizzard since they made the damn runeword. This is just blizzards way of supporting a kind of multi-classing in Diablo 2. Time to suck it up and deal with it. As much as I don't like the barb's #1 skill being given to all classes, I'm not exactly complaining about teleport on enigma or +9 fanat on beast...
 

TeKmInIbI

Diabloii.Net Member
mcm said:
Please don't let it degenerate into the legislation fest that is Clan Honor...

What's wrong with CTA anyway? At least as far as 1v1 is concerned, it's not going to be much of a challenge for a good BVC to take apart all but the best BVB builds, meaning the playing collective will quickly migrate to barb only builds, most probably being BVC skill sets with max block for BVB encounters.

The only arguments I saw against CTA on the pvpwest web site are a) it means non barbs will always feel compelled to carry a +6 bo CTA and this is expensive, and b) CTA "unnaturally" doubles a non barb's life.

To address (a), so the hell what? PVP builds are almost always expensive. Boo hoo. Going to excessive lengths as to ban items/skills just to allow johnny poor scum to play with his peasant-crown+skullders-using fire sorc really isn't in the interest of most players, who do not fall into this category. Besides, the difference between a +3 bo CTA (cheap as dirt) and a +6 bo CTA really isn't THAT much.

As far as (b) goes, who exactly decided it was not natural? Sure wasn't blizzard since they made the damn runeword. This is just blizzards way of supporting a kind of multi-classing in Diablo 2. Time to suck it up and deal with it. As much as I don't like the barb's #1 skill being given to all classes, I'm not exactly complaining about teleport on enigma or +9 fanat on beast...

Let me put it in words so you can understand,
If you don't like it, keep pubbin'
But the rules aren't set in stone (so to speak) and are open for discussion, but as of right now these are general rules and won't be changed unless us Mods decide so.
Post on the PvPWest forum itself next time as you'll get a better response.
Have fun?
 

PlasmaDragon

Diabloii.Net Member
TeKmInIbI said:
Let me put it in words so you can understand,
If you don't like it, keep pubbin'
But the rules aren't set in stone (so to speak) and are open for discussion, but as of right now these are general rules and won't be changed unless us Mods decide so.
Post on the PvPWest forum itself next time as you'll get a better response.
Have fun?
mcm is a barb only player. He wants cta to be allowed for the sake of balancing and i can't help but agree with him.
 

luis19

Diabloii.Net Member
yes, without cta, most builds are 1 ww kills.

also about the two ravens, i think it should be allowed only on non-caster, non paladin builds (charge+2 ravens = gg cold sorc).
on barbs its a pretty fair duel since it takes a good while to catch an orber so if they are good enough its usually a close duel. vs bliz, its fair that they can 4-5 hit a 6-8k life barb no?
zons usually use ravens too and wwsins (ghost) usually rely on them to wear claws.

bascially im saying that 2x ravens on a caster will usually overpower cold sorcs, especially orbers. however noncaster/paladin builds like barbs, zons, wwsins should be allowed to use two because it usually balances the duel (without ravens and stacked resist, even a barb goes down fast obviously) and sometimes is a necessity.
 

groin

Diabloii.Net Member
my suggestion is no rules, just an open channel where people can meet and whisper for priv duels

all the rules and legislation just amount to no excessive damage negation. ok, so dont use too much absorb and max res, in a priv duel game if you actually do go put on hotspur, nokozoan, dwarf stars, and rising sun, thats just denting your own reputation.

makes rules and people whine, but the honor system will create its own rules and nobody will whine. whining = bad for rep, isnt it better if you win with 50 % fire res rather than 95%? people will be eager to wear less resistance if they want to look good, and so the need for rules disspears
 

rare

Diabloii.Net Member
groin said:
my suggestion is no rules, just an open channel where people can meet and whisper for priv duels

all the rules and legislation just amount to no excessive damage negation. ok, so dont use too much absorb and max res, in a priv duel game if you actually do go put on hotspur, nokozoan, dwarf stars, and rising sun, thats just denting your own reputation.

makes rules and people whine, but the honor system will create its own rules and nobody will whine. whining = bad for rep, isnt it better if you win with 50 % fire res rather than 95%? people will be eager to wear less resistance if they want to look good, and so the need for rules disspears
People are dumber than what you think =( I highly doubt it'll fall into place like that.
 

luis19

Diabloii.Net Member
current rules + my ideas = gds

too bad im east :(
o well i have fun beating bm, i am a baba palyer of course
 
Top