Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

an odd request

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by ryanhutson, May 2, 2005.

1. ryanhutson

ryanhutson IncGamers Member

an odd request

Hi all,

I have a weird request that someone out there may be able and willing to fulfill. I have created an IK barb and do not have the armor (surprise, surprise). I was wondering if someone would allow me to BORROW their armor until I either find one, you need it back, or I get bored of D2. I know this is a different request, but if you could help me out that would be great. My email is [email protected]

Ryan

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

*cough* wrong forum *cough*
    Go to the SP trade forum, ask there. You could probably trade for it, or if your very lucky someone will give 1 to you.
    Borrowing is kind of pointless, because it can take years to find a IKSC yourself, and by that time the person probably would have forgotten, or stopped playing.
    Now, no one else flame him please, he seems like a nice chap, but feel free to spam his email address. :lol:

3. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

Going to the SPTF wont help any either because begging isn't condoned there any more than it is here. Imagine if these sort of threads were allowed, we'd have far too many threads just like this with people begging for items - even if it is just "borrowing," its still begging.

So, instead of copying and pasting this post over at the SPTF, why not put together a trade list of items you do have, and let people know that you're ISO an IKSC. Maybe some kind-hearted soul will take pity on you and trade one cheap. If you can't trade for one, then build yourself a character that can run Pindle or The Pits and run them until you either 1) find one for yourself or 2) find something of equal value so you can trade for one.

4. ToastedTacoGuy

ToastedTacoGuy IncGamers Member

when i played everquest beggar was someone who came up to you and said "you got some 1337 gears, could you give it to me cause im new and poor and need items to play, and btw where is the burned woods?" begging in my opinion is pestering someone to give you things for no particular reason and basically being a pain in the rear to everyone. this guy is asking quite nicely and while it may be the wrong forum, and he probably shouldnt be asking for a handout, but grouping him in with the kind of people who actually beg for items is kind of harsh.

p.s. if i remember correctly there was a guy putting together a massive stash of elite sets/uniques for a giveaway, and he said he was getting a few ik soul cages from someone. so check that out.

5. ryanhutson

ok

Fair enough thanks for replying to my post. LOL, about my email, my school is already being bombarded by the latest virus attack. So attack away doesnt matter to me.

Ryan

edit: Toasted calm down. If you odnt like my post dont read it or reply. I am not tryin to be a pain to anyone and have already been told this is not appreciated. You seem to be just looking for a post count. Your reply is also not apprecviated. and irrelevant, EQ has no bearing on this game or forum.

Ryan

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

The person who taco was talking about was rizzo, he should be hosting his very big giveaway soon, so stick around, get to know us, and if you time it right you could get your hands on something pretty.

7. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

Follow the giveaway thread and when Rizzo is ready he'll start his next installment. I know for a fact there will be quite a few of IKSC available.

8. ryanhutson

Ok thanx ill be sure to watch.

Ryan

9. NeckRomancer

NeckRomancer IncGamers Member

:scratch: Kindly correct me if I read Toasted's post wrong but wasn't he actually defending you?

10. TopHatCat64

TopHatCat64 IncGamers Member

He was but it's not really worth pointing out at this point. The OP problem has been solved and we wouldn't want to cause another hissy fit.

11. Gnoggen

Gnoggen IncGamers Member

True!

Heh heh, Yep. I played EQ too and there were always guys like:

Random Guy: Can I have 100 plat?
    Me: Uh, No.
    Random Guy: But you have cool stuff! You must have extra cash!
    Me: You could try hunting in...
    Random Guy /shout CAN I HAVE 100 PLAT SOMEONE? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

/ignore Random Guy
    You have added Random Guy to your ignore list.

Heh heh heh. Yeah, there is definately a difference!

12. ryanhutson

And i am retarded. Should have read post better. Thought I was getting grouped with beggars not excluded. 1000 apologies.

Ryan