An obesrvation of life on the forums

Gorny

Banned
An obesrvation of life on the forums

It's gotten past the point where I have to be careful not to be drinking any form of liquid while at work and viewing the OTF.

I counted 3 times today that I started laughing and almost spit on my keyboard or screen while reading people's posts.

Amra

Diabloii.Net Member
I was hoping you had written a research paper on this place. Now that would be good reading!

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Gorny said:
It's gotten past the point where I have to be careful not to be drinking any form of liquid while at work and viewing the OTF.

I counted 3 times today that I started laughing and almost spit on my keyboard or screen while reading people's posts.
Only 3 times? I get that with nearly every post I read :wink3:

A few are so stupid I could almost cry, and some are so witty/funny I'd crap my pants if I'd wear any :grin:

The only thing that bothers me is the language some people use (both offensive and the crappy English) English is by far not a language I should be able to speak, yet I find it one of the easiest and most convenient ones.

Gorny

Banned
Dawnmaster said:
Only 3 times? I get that with nearly every post I read :wink3:

A few are so stupid I could almost cry, and some are so witty/funny I'd crap my pants if I'd wear any :grin:

The only thing that bothers me is the language some people use (both offensive and the crappy English) English is by far not a language I should be able to speak, yet I find it one of the easiest and most convenient ones.
Well if I did not contain myself earlier ...my morning mug of coffee would have ended up all over my screen.

Eh ...Some of Freet's posts do have that effect.

*looks over at Freet*

skihard

Banned
well sea dogs an' land lubbers could be talkin' like a seafarin' hearty e'en if 'tisn`t speak like a seafarin' hearty tide an' that would make up fer all th' bad english i think wouldna 't.

Ariadne

Diabloii.Net Member
Some people here really make me laugh and all that fun happens when I'm not around. :embarassed:

Usufruct

Diabloii.Net Member
You could join my class action lawsuit against the OTF for irreparable damage done to my electronics due to hilarity induced coffee spitting.

Gorny

Banned
Usufruct said:
You could join my class action lawsuit against the OTF for irreparable damage done to my electronics due to hilarity induced coffee spitting.

Rumor has it that the damage to your electronics was cause by some kind of overclocking.

I don't see how the suit can stand based on that fact.

Dismissed.

Amra

Diabloii.Net Member
If you are at work you can just swap out your keyboard with a co-workers after he has left for the day.

Dave strikes again!

Gorny

Banned
Amra said:
If you are at work you can just swap out your keyboard with a co-workers after he has left for the day.

Dave strikes again!

Somthing like this actually has happened here, a co worker of mine spilled a mug of coffee onto his keyboard, the stuff was pouring out as we held the kb over a garbage can.

So he waited till it was almost time to leave and switched it with one of the rooms down the hall.

Amra

Diabloii.Net Member
Gorny said:
Somthing like this actually has happened here, a co worker of mine spilled a mug of coffee onto his keyboard, the stuff was pouring out as we held the kb over a garbage can.

So he waited till it was almost time to leave and switched it with one of the rooms down the hall.
That darn Dave sure gets around!

Stompwampa

Diabloii.Net Member
Gorny said:

We spilled a capuccino all over one of the phones at the radio station I used to work at. It happened to be the bosses phone of all things. . . it still worked too, but we were caught a couple days later when he asked us why his receiver smelled like Irish Cream. Then the phone stopped working.

Ariadne

Diabloii.Net Member
I spilled tea on my colleague, on my first day of work. :embarassed: I didn't want to, it was very embarrassing, she had to phone her hb to bring her dry clothes.:embarassed:

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
Dang guys, I usually drink my coffee (I actually feel like a weirdo just for saying that, seeing how all you manage to do is spill it)

Having said that, I did however (not my fault) spilled my coffee once, when the little guy from my sister kicked it out of my hands (don't ask)

Vivi said:
I spilled tea on my colleague, on my first day of work. :embarassed: I didn't want to, it was very embarrassing, she had to phone her hb to bring her dry clothes.:embarassed:
You should have given her yours. That would've been hot!

Ariadne

Diabloii.Net Member
The Future now said:
You should have given her yours. That would've been hot!
Not for her cos in those days I was still a very slim not very curvy lass, and she was middle aged.... :embarassed: It was just very embarrassing.

Gertlex

Banned
Vivi said:
Some people here really make me laugh and all that fun happens when I'm not around. :embarassed:
That's another thing. I think that this "effect" happens to a lot of us. We need research on it.