Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

An MF question

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by sorcynecro, Nov 14, 2006.

1. sorcynecro

sorcynecro IncGamers Member

An MF question

I have a level 82 Sorc who is doing Hell runs for Tals and i read the thread on pindle so got to him but his drops have been awful. 20-30 runs and the only unique / set to drop was the ward (shield). :cry:

I am back on Meph runs now as he seems quite generous. But in these runs when Pindle drops the goods (i'm only looking / picking up sets and uniques) do you have to run on players >1 cos i find players 1 is just poor for pindle.

Also does players 8 make meph drop more items or just more likely to drop better items?

ps my MF is fairly poor as i have been going for res while questing. Will bump it up to 150%

2. Sir Lister of Smeg

Sir Lister of Smeg IncGamers Member

Since Pindle only drops two items anyway, in addition to four potions, increasing the players' setting won't increase his drops. It will though increase the drops for his minions, but since their chances of dropping anything good are low anyway, it's not really worth it to increase the players' setting unless:
    1. you kill the pack at players1 in the same time as at playersx, where x>1
    2. you're running for xp

I assume you're meaning Tal's armour, which Mephisto cannot drop. Baal might be a better source for it, but it all depends on your running time. Iirc, the chance for Baal to drop it is about ten or eleven times as high as for Pindle to drop it. Meaning that if Baal runs take you 20 times the time of Pindle runs it's better to run Pindle, but if they take only five times the time, it's better to run Baal.

As to not finding sets/uniques for long times in a row, yes that happens. Still, Pindle can drop almost anything, apart from Tyrael's Might, Azurewrath, and Arachnid Mesh, the latter two of which Mephisto can drop. Mephisto drops only upto tc78, with that tc being low probability. Anyway, I'll post my results of too many Pindle runs a bit later, and you'll see that you will get long periods of drought quite often.

3. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Howdy!
    Twenty-30 pindle runs isn't really enough to give yourself a good chance of anything, so that's why you've found very little of value.

I don't think Hell meph can drop Tal's armour (WSK runs [also lvl 85 areas such as Ancient Tunnels] are good for the armour.) But hell (and NM to an extent) meph is pretty good for the rest of the set.
    Maybe bugged Andy for the amulet as she has high jewellery drops.

Pindle player settings don't matter. He will also drop 2 items, and 4 potions, no matter what player settings. His minions have a lower no drop chance (thus more drops) on higher player settings, but their chances are very low anyway. I run him on players 1 or 3 because it gives a good time and drop rate.

For Meph.
    The player settings affect his drops very minutely.
    On players 1, he has on average, 5.xx [where x is greater than 50] drops per run.
    On players 3, he has on average, 6.yy [where y is less than 50] drops per run.

While on average, he will drop more, it isn't substantial for the possible increase in time. If your time isn't affected much, then sure. But generally for Meph, players 1 or 3 are the best timewise to drops.

MF item tips.
    4Ptopazes in an armour and 3Ptopazes in helm is quite good and cheap.
    A Gull dagger, chance guards etc are all pretty cheap and valuable.

4. Llathias

Llathias Banned

Pindle is all about speed and a huge sample, compared to act bosses that drop many items with high probability for high quality (unique, set etc), but usually take quite some time. Pindle's also easy and safe for many characters, unlike, say the WSK.

p8 gives you what p7 does, plus an additional 1/8 of the experience at p7, at the cost of 1/8 additional monster and yet undetermined higher monster dmg. For Meph, it gives you what p5 does item-wise (which is hardly more than what p1 does), and the same story with xp, life and dmg. As a background knowledge, higher the players setting, lower is the chance that a monster will not drop anything at all (resulting in more drops for a statistically significant number of kills). The ratio of the item type or quality is the same. If the monster has a fixed number of drops (uniques), the setting has no effect. Only odd numbers add to the drops, ie. p4 and p3 have the same chance of dropping an item, which is higher than p2&p1 but lower than p6&p5. p1 gives the highest number of rune drops from the Countess because of her item drop sequence and the maximum 6 items limit.

5. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

latest RTB testing says that is an 6,25% ED on monsters from NM and Hell with every higher players settings.