Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

an intro and a question

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Tuf, Sep 20, 2006.

1. Tuf

Tuf IncGamers Member

an intro and a question

Hi my name is tuf ive been a lurker for a long time i recently made a nec based on the fishy guide but i cant run wsk the moonlords kill my army fast.This is from scratch and my gear is not good i have 5 to skills what do i need to do to help me run hell wsk.Any help would be nice.

2. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

Welcome to the wild, wild world of the Undead,

Hm... not knowing what level your are... Have you tried using decripfy on the moonlords to slow them down, decrease their damage / resistances? Also, I've discovered that sometimes the better part of valor is useful (at least when I was low level) and after getting 75% of my army decimated, I fled to act 1 to revive more minions then headed back to kill off that champion pack. Once, they get hit by gumby / decrepify, most 'bosses' / champions are reduced to slow motion animation and aren't nearly as dangerous as before.
    You may also be lower level than you need to be at that wsk area. By hell level you should have maxxed skellie, skellie mastery (1 point wonders - Clay Golem (aka gumby), amp damage, decrepify, dim vision, summon resist, golem mastery, revive, teeth (prereq), CE (maybe a few points here), and any other favorite curses. Point here is that you should easily complete all this by the 60s or low 70s or so and should be doing wsk by the sixties levels. If you're in the 30s or 40s then survival is quite challenging in hell.
    My big fear when I was lower level were those champion fanatatic moonlords packs. They were ugly and fast. I usually lost my army and had to throw a gumby at them to buy me enough time to flee. An Edge bow (thorns) / bramble (more thorns) can be helpful against these kind of heavy hitters.

good luck and good hunting,
    Kirah

3. Tuf

Tuf IncGamers Member

im lvl 80 with rs,sm,rm,andcemaxed i havent got mdecrep yet but i will all i have now is amp and the skilll right be4 decrep.Ill get decrep and try again im off to lvl.

4. chrislindsay

chrislindsay IncGamers Member

That´s the right way to go... keep in mind that a single point in mage and revive (if you have the +skill stuff for it) won´t go amiss either. I´m personally a fan of mages...

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

WSK Runs Mini-Guide by Nightfish.

6. Kirah

Kirah IncGamers Member

Hey Tuf,

Level 80? Heck, you should be good to go. I maxxed skellies, skel mastery, skel mage, and put one point into curses, revive, CE, the rest of the summon tree stuff, and have like over a dozen skill points left over. I never found it necessary to max CE since the +skillers did the charm and never had to max any curse for the same reason. Try a point into decrep, you'll like it... trust me... :p I found that the necro easily romps thru Hell and back. Not the fastest, but surely the most thorough as my minions and I WILL kill everything along the way to the throne. After all, I gotta get those drops. People are yelling at me to max golem mastery and other people are yelling at me to max CE. To be honest with you, I haven't found either necessary.

good luck and good hunting Sir!
    Kirah

7. garion

garion IncGamers Member

lvl 80....hmmm

maxed skeles
    maxed mastery
    1 mages *option to max
    1 revives
    1 summon res
    1 clay golem
    1 golem mastery
    1 amp
    1 decrep
    1 CE *option to max

you should be ready to roll with that setup...if you're desperate to do some nice melee dmg...get thorns aura (via bramble or edge runewords....), edge is very cheap to make in a bow...so you can use an act 1 merc...the thorns in PvM coupled with amp is devestating...you can kill the act bosses in 30 sec- min...maybe 1 min+ with scratch (untwinked/self found) gear.....

give it a shot...

8. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

ok i'll probably get smacked around a bit by the more knowledgeable necros for this post but: +5 may be a bit too low. curious what's your gear setup? i'm guessing you have a might aura merc:tongue: . but maybe if your skellies are dying too quickly you could get a prayer merc or a defiance merc to help them live a bit longer (at least until you get better skellies)?

we'll see what the higher ups say:grin: