Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

an interesting possibility for a 1.1 patch

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by mastrinidad, Feb 6, 2004.

1. mastrinidad

mastrinidad IncGamers Member

an interesting possibility for a 1.1 patch

Okay hi...Ive done some thought about this and I believe I have a good idea to give the game much more re-playability.

Its my belief that the items help make the game enjoyable. To achieve sometimes the most "uber" of power (or yeah bragging rights..whatever) you would search for a long time for the highest in runes/runewords and uniques.

Theres a few lower leveled uniques (Sometimes Ill keep a nagelring and eye of etlich and tarnhelm on my characters all the way thru) and set stuff that you can use through out almost the whole game and still keeping a very powerful character (the angelic rings and ammy offer a sick AR boost..as an example).

But to the point of my post......Have we ever looked at.....all the unused uniques we have in our mules? What do we do with them?

Most of the time its trashy because it doesnt help in our builds..or doesnt offer enough mods to make it viable. Even some uber ones with sick high levels and defensive/offensive mods dont seem to really grab our attention too much. (as an example..what experienced melee-type would look FOR a steel carapace armor or Leviathan to use? maybe for their Mercenary but at such a ligh level..its only semi viable late in the game) In the 1.10 patch ill admit the new runewords are probably the only real godsend that people would be clamouring to try to get. As far as the new Uniques...so few of them honestly pique any of our interests. Compared to the uniques in 1.09 (and even the ability to upgrade the extrodinary uniques to Elite in ladder) ill state openly and honestly that for the most part...they sort of...well...suck..

Take for example my fave type character...the paladin...if I wanted a strong hammerdin, some of my most wanted items (as far as uniques go) would be a harley crest..a HOZ, a Maras, some SOJS. The only 1.10 items I'd look for are runes to make a Heart of the Oak item and an arachnid Mesh belt.

For a Javazon..who WOULDNT like only a titans revenge over any other javelin?
    For a one handed Sorc...Why is the occulus basically the best unique to wield?

you see my point?

So here's my idea.....have combinations of Unique items give off extra Mods similar to set items...

I just had the thought when I was looking at my inventory...I had a Guardian angel armor and a Guardian Tiara. Using the "hammerdin" idea, I wouldnt use The Guardian angel because I'd like to have resistance on the armor itself. The Guardian Tiara I woudlnt use because If I can find some rare +2 paladin circlets with good resistances and leech and FRW. Stick a Um in that and it easily trumps a Guardian tiara (and 10 levels less btw).

Wouldnt it be cool if when you wore both you could get a + to all skill boost or some leech?

How about if you wore an Iceblink and Frostwind sword you got much higher cold damage and longer freeze duration times? Or a Bonesnap with Gore rides would give 100% crushing blow. Theres a lot of possibilities here.

I dont know how you all feel about such an idea..flame me if youd like to. however, aside from making another ACT to play in, to give mroe playability to the game I think utilizing the items in more creative ways would certainly make the game more interesting

CHEERS!

2. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

Like.. synergies between items?

Good idea, but that's what partial set bonuses are for.

3. mastrinidad

I understand that but its only within sets...my idea is more broad ranged. using the idea of Frostwind and Iceblink..lets say instead I used an Azurewrath. You could possibly slightly enhance the the cold damage of the sword while this time having ur iceblink have something like Magic absorb properties.. You could have a multitude of different forms/kinds of synergies for different Items. Blizzard could also implement this to help the other less widely used or less favored uniques. The programming would have to be a lot for sure but hey...it sure would make the playability very interesting and could defenitley bring out new variant types of characters to possibly play.

Any more comments?

EDIT..oops...the title should have read 1.11 patch..or 1.2 patch

4. pliu

pliu Banned

I have a funny idea for these items :D if they are metale base give them to your necro and turn them into iron golem :D

5. mastrinidad

if i used necros..im sure I could