Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

An interesting pally build.. ideas?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by intrigue762, Apr 6, 2004.

1. intrigue762

intrigue762 IncGamers Member

An interesting pally build.. ideas?

I was just sitting around, thinking of a different, but fun character build and came up with this idea. A paladin that uses very spiky looking items. I really don't care about using thorns as his main skill, I just want to be a big pincushion lol. The only items that immediately came to mind are:

Bramble runeword
    Lance Guard
    Demon Limb
    Gore riders (can't think of any other boots)
    not sure about gloves
    Toothrow
    Jewelry...anything, something that has a name that fits the theme
    Belt? No clue
    As far as the helm goes, some sort of great/winged helm comes to mind.

I'm thinking of going Holy Shock and the related synergies for his skills. Like I said, I'm not incredibly worried about how successful he is, I'm sure I can make it to Pat with a little skill. Any gear suggestions are much appreciated!

2. Zertuals_Ovrlrd

Zertuals_Ovrlrd IncGamers Member

Sounds interesting. I always thought Spiked Shields looked teh roXXor. :yep:

3. intrigue762

I'm kind of re-thinking my char choice now as the pally doesn't get the spiky looking heavy armor like the barb does. Don't think Demon Limb would be a very good weapon choice though as I'd most likely go with beserk.. Bonesnap would be cool, but I want to be sure to have a neat shield to go with his armor. Hell I dunno :uhhuh:

4. ricrestoni

ricrestoni IncGamers Member

There are those Hitpower crafted thing, you should take a look. Those give some thorns damage, as well as all rare mods. For weapon, well, a morning star, flail, spiked club or military pick are just fine.

What about a sorc with shiver armor (I think - the one that shoots at archers)? Put some thorns in her, a LOT of life, and she is a walking trap!

5. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Belt is obvious choice of Razor tail with 1 damage/clvl. Sounds like good times. I had a thorn pally almost finish NM. Terribly built too, with points in Prayer, etc.

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

she woudl be but for elemental attackers thatdeal more melee ele dmg than phys dmg, cause o matter how good your defence, or how mcuh life you have, youll die qucik. speaking of whcih, youll obviosuly want a rainbow facet to teach those who kill you a lesson when a lvl 47 meteor falls on there head...

7. FrolfFreak

FrolfFreak IncGamers Member

I've not gotten far enough in the game to have any cool gear suggestions, but i was thinking the Shrike would be a perfect name for any big spiky build (Hyperion series, anyone?).

-FF

8. intrigue762

Razortail came to my attention, and I'm pretty sure I'll go with that. As far as the Sorcie idea goes, it sounds cool but I'm just not a fan of sorcs. If I can get an Ohm rune, I think I'm going with Bramble for the armor and the weapon choice looks like Cane Break War Spike. I'll probably outfit my merc in a similar fashion. Still undecided on the helm and gloves though.

9. Cauthon

Cauthon IncGamers Member

That's a good one. I was thinking Porcudin myself, but Shrike works.