Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

An interesting D2 find

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by TheNix, May 30, 2008.

1. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

An interesting D2 find

No, not an item. Today I found two 3rd edition Dungeon & Dragon Diablo II modules. They are copy-written 2000, therefore they are pre LoD, but the D&D-ize all the original characters, spells/abilities and monsters, so that they can be played using third edition rules. One of them D2:To hell and back, seems to be a campaign redoing the game and the second one D2: Diablerie is a DM guide to writing further adventures. Has anyone played these? I haven't had time to read them yet but they look very interest.

2. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Re: An interesting D2 find

This forum does not deal with modifications to D2 of any kind, so, sadly, no one on this forum can help you.

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

This isn't about a Diablo mod, but about a D&D/AD&D campaign setting about the Diablo world. I can confirm that such a campaign setting exists (perhaps being nothing but a book), so there might be modules about it as well. I'm not sure if the compaign setting is 2nd or 3rd edition, however.

4. TheNix

TheNix IncGamers Member

It definitely says it is 3rd edition and it is also definitely Blizzard endorsed. Many of the maps are identical to the game maps and all the main monsters and monster types have been given full D&D stats. All the D2 classic skills have been given the D&D treatment. There doesn't seem to any unique or set items but all, or at least most, of the usual weapons/armours/items are available and a large number of the the usual magical prefixes and suffixes. There have been a number of new "perishables" added to the game to augment the usual potions. When I've got more time I'll give it a thorough read.

5. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

That is not true.

There are Mods which are acceptable on this forum (Rune Word Mod, Red Rune Mod and Colour Rune Mod).
    And Varients (Eastern Sun, Hell Unleashed and Median).
    And utilities (ATMA and GoMule).

Some won't work on the realms, some aren't allowed on the realms and others are total re-writes of the game. But they are perfectly acceptable here. Private servers, however, are not.

Additionally, as the OP has pointed out, he is talking about a D&D campaign set in the Diabloi-world and authorized by Blizzard.

Perhaps a little more thorough reading before posting? :scratch:

6. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Perhaps :undecided: