Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

an ideal bvc help plz

Discussion in 'PvP' started by zzzwindzzz, Sep 24, 2006.

1. zzzwindzzz

zzzwindzzz IncGamers Member

an ideal bvc help plz

k this is the gear im thinking

helm: arreats/bo delirum
    armour:enigma
    ammy and rings: angelics witha raven/ fcr rings with a fcr ammy
    weapons:beast/ebotd zerkers or i was thinking beast/grief zerker but unsure if beast helps grief at all
    belt: verdungos/spider/thundergods
    boots:gores/hotspurs
    gloves:steelrends/magefist

bo weps on switch

i made a barb before but he was a tank with ss and kinda sucked

any ideas? for a better barb and i only have like 20 hrs to make this barb so i cant get anything gg

2. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Use CoA in publics. Never, ever prebuff. It shows you're a weakling and it's uber useless and troublesome. The CoA should be socketed with 2* bers. If you cannot get this, get a 15/30 1 socket coa and socket it with a ber.

No. 2* Ravenfrosts with a Highlord's wrath in publics. Vs some smiters and hammerdins, angelic rings + amulet. Vs. sorcs and/or boners, 2* fcr rings. Note, these are 1v1. In public games, always use 2* ravens.

Grief+Beast. It outdamages Botd+Beast by a far.

Arachnid's in pubs, 8/15 string of ears vs. telesmiters, tgod's vs. fohers. Hsarus belt with hsarus boots vs. mages and v/ts.

Triple resistance boots in pubs. Goreriders vs. hammerdins/smiters/windies/melee/non elemental attackers/cold sorcs. Hotspurs vs. godly es/fb sorcs.

Dracul's Grasp or Trang-Oul's Claw in pubs.

2* Dooms instead.

There you go. That will get you there.

GOD I HATE THESE TOPICS. Always the same questions. Makes me wanna post the partial BvC guide that I've been making, as it's got some explanations to all gear choices (except stash gear).

And just to clarify: Most of the BvC players on these forums (the better, the good and even the worse) recognize (not meaning that they would see it as it, but that they think so) me as a BvC expert-in-making or expert-to-be or expert.

3. jake007

jake007 IncGamers Member

4. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

You have some wasted space:
    Iratha+Death gloves. You will ever only need Death's gloves. However I prefer 4* antidotes.
    150% LR BA. Ncessary if you use 2* Coral rings (30% LR, magical cubable). Also it allows no widowmaker. But I guess it can get the job done.
    Nokozan. Hotspurs work way better, as Nokozan takes away your DS. It might save space, but Hotspurs are still better.

Also, Um in your arreat is foolish if you use widowmaker. I take a 15% ias random arreat's over eth zodded arreat's because I need the IAS.

As for goreriders, if you get an additional 50 triple resistances from your charms, it's good. However I wonder how come you've got triple resistance boots and yet insist on using gores, specially since I doubt you have life/resistance scs/lcs/gcs?

5. jmsplat

jmsplat IncGamers Member

Vouch. Do that and I'll constantly bump it so every other thread won't be asking for BvC help. Now should I be using trang gloves for pubs like mcm does or go dracs?

6. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

I would suggest to go with Trangs if you have some extra mana (~600-700 with ravens), as it will allow you to use your pubsetup vs. any character (specially good in TvTs). As you have enough mana and fcr to chase sorcs and necs and enough dr and ar to hit people around.

If you do not have that, or your build is a pure-vita one, use dracs.

I'm gonna level up my barb once and get him a 20 stats torch so that I can use trangs+coa+dooms.

@The guide thing: I might actually make a poll of it and see.

7. jake007

jake007 IncGamers Member

Nokozan is better because ALL fire sorc whine about hotspurs, and are considered to be BM by the general population. I prefer the 15% extra openwound from gore than the extra 20%DS from highlord.

It's working pretty well from my experience.

I'll get a 40/15 arreat once I get my hand on perfect torch and anni, at the time being I'll stick with an um. (No e-wealth for a perfect arreat + 40/15 jewel)

I have a 15% all resist GC and some fire resist/life charms. I'll replace them with better charms once I get the funding going.

Triple resist boots are for some javazon with -x% resist.

8. matchuk

matchuk IncGamers Member

thats not cheap gear lol my bvc is cheap gear but still can do reasonably well

all i have is arreats(um),trangs,duel raven, highlords, mid griefz, beastz, nig, gores, arach and in stash 15str dracs, 2fcr rings, angelic, hsarus, demons limb, widow, charms:14/17 btorch some 20lifers 19 187 n17's some large charms with ar fhr max dmg

i just cant seem to find 30frw tri res boots, and im nto saving for coa overexpensive ><

but yeah this base gear is sufficient to be able to duel effectively on mid level, problems vs godly gears tho without the coa and real good charms

9. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Actually, if you look at the cost of a "normal" BvC, even my BvC is a cheap one, and he is geared with:
    28/27 CoA 'BerBer'
    39/356 GriefZ
    246/38 BeastZ
    Enigma Scarab
    Arachnid's
    Duped Triple resistance boots
    2* almost perfect ravens (241/20,. 247/18)
    Highlord's
    2* Dooms
    15 str Dracul's

Charms:
    20/11/9 Annihilus
    18/11 Barb Torch
    3* Ar/life GCs (126, 128, 130 AR with 30. 36 and 38 life)
    1* legit self-found ar/life scs (20/33)
    4* random FHR scs
    23* life scs

First off: You're not supposed to "find" those boots, you're supposed to trade for them. Finding 30 frw triple 40 resistance boots on your own is like looking for a 32020 to drop.

And CoA is not "overexpensive", it's as expensive as it is rare. Lucky my CoA is from a friend of mine who quit D2.

A) You do not necessarily need "real good charms". Look at my gear. That's not even close to "godly" or "real good", it's "decent" and yet I beat most people (the people I have problems with are mostly those of the best on the Realm.
    B) Why whine over a CoA? Heck, I find a decent CoA like mine to be rather cheap on EUSCNL for 5 sojs total (3 for CoA 2 for bers). It's just that if you play on the massdupe realms, where the currency values are quite ****ed up, you're in trouble anyways and thus you need more years in PvM to make a godly PvP character than you would in Europe for example.

10. AlmostInfinity

AlmostInfinity IncGamers Member

I use an enigma Scarab Husk too. I love how it looks on my bvc.

11. matchuk

matchuk IncGamers Member

im not whining about coa ber ber, i just cant afford it, on us west any 2 socket one goes for around 20-30 hrs thats real outta my league considering i dont have too much time to farm and making hrs they way i do is slow

and with the res boots i was intending on finding cold/light 30frw boots meself cos i dont know how to trade for duped ones and i dont know pricing or if they poof

haha i dont really have charms or anni, but point im making is skill is a big priority for bvc (well for most classes) and that u dont have to be uber rich to play one :)

12. moonlike

moonlike Banned

lol when i started with my bvc i had prolly ****iest items on bnet my barb had no beast (i was using wizzy ) and 34x grief that were funny times but still i could kill pub sorcs without problems but smiters and block necs were almost impossible :D
    and now when i have perf grief almost perf coa and good charms 40 str beast i dont see a big difference when i got mediocore items , dont try to get all super perfect it wont change alot better is to play more than wast all time for trading and mfing.

13. jake007

jake007 IncGamers Member

Hey maryn, back in action yet?

14. moonlike

moonlike Banned

nope im sitting now on 56k modem and i cant play d2 but i think i quit d2 for sure (starcraft is way better)
    in starcraft average ago of ppl playing is 20+++ years also this game has balance and there is no real problem with bm (u win if ur better)
    after all those years skill in sc is VERY high (in diablo are only few good duelers)

15. andrewexd

andrewexd IncGamers Member

i wish i was on ladder i cant afford 20 sojs for a greifz or a coa..

anyways should i bother making a bvc? Im on east nl im only going to play in pubs my gear will look like this.

arreats
    beastz
    ebotdz
    dungos/arachs (not sure what belt)
    2 ravens
    highlords
    enigma
    gores
    dracs
    torch

This is pretty much all i will be able to get. and the life scs i found while playing. im not sure if i should make idk if i will do any good in pubs. Im never satisfied with my build ill probably go back to hammerdin like i always do. but ill try the bvc out. also is there a good alternative to ebotdz i can affor it but is there something better than ebotdz that cost less than a grief? (nl)

16. matchuk

matchuk IncGamers Member

this setup is very fine to be able to handle pub

17. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

I will tell you something.

With that kind of a "BvC", you're better off not making one. As you lack DR and FCR. You have zero FCR, making it next to impossible to catch the better casters. Also, you will get beaten by smiters, windies, zealots, bowazons and such due to lacking DR. And yes, you WILL NOT use a Stormshield for DR unless you're a fool. If that's what you want, make a BvB.

18. theredpredator

theredpredator IncGamers Member

[SARCASM]

Best bvc gear would be:

Biggins Bonet
    Sarecens
    Blinkbats
    Lenymo ftw
    Hotspurs
    2 6s eth crystal swords filled with ptoazzes. Light dmg ftw

Skillers-> not needed, good p
    layers have skillers in their fingers.

[/SARCASM]

19. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

Now where's the [/sarcasm] tag?

20. andrewexd

andrewexd IncGamers Member

i understand that but the only gears i switched out were greifz and coa right? grief doesnt give fcr or dr. I do have a coa but some of my sojs dissapeared and now i cant get a beastz so im not realy sure what to do. as for fcr how would i get that ?