Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

An idea.

Discussion in 'Druid' started by NefariousNothing, Jun 11, 2005.

1. NefariousNothing

NefariousNothing IncGamers Member

An idea.

Has anyone considered making a fury druid that uses the 'DEATH' runeword in a 'zerker axe, specifically to take out D. Clone? I just had that odd idea.. Use fortitude, the death 'zerker, jalal's, crafted ias/cb gloves?, Stormshield, 'dungoes, Gores.. Highlords as well? Use ias jewels and such in open sockets (Jalal's, SS maybe?). Max lycanthropy, werewolf, fury.. and probably cyclone armor? To help with those pesky resists. Thoughts?

(I'd really like to kill him with a melee build.. Hammerdins are boring. :()

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

The problem is that Death has no inherent IAS, making it painfully slow for a druid, even if you make it in a very fast base speed weapon. The 50% Crushing Blow would be very sweet but you would be attacking way to slow, maybe use a Ribcracker instead, a shael'ed one would be quite fast and you would still get 50% CB.

3. NefariousNothing

I realize it has no inherent IAS, yeah, which kinda makes it all the more fun and/or stupid. :lol: I peeked at the werewolf fury IAS bp counter, and got confused as hell. :p

Assuming 70 ias from gear (15% jewel in the SS and Jalal's), 20% from Highlords, and 20% from crafted gloves, what would the speed be like? On a side note, I'm absolutely horrible with numbers.

4. jordy666

jordy666 IncGamers Member

outside ias doesnt work with werewolfs

-jordy :king:

5. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

The problem with Fury druids is that IAS from gear doesn't count at all (unless you're using really slow weapons like Thunder Mauls). This means that only IAS from the weapon itself counts...and Death doesn't have any:( So don't socket your armor/helm with IAS jewels, cause they won't help.

The 2 fastest options are War Spike (1-handed) and Champion Axe (2-handed), both are -10 base speed weapons.

A Death War Spike would yield a 14/8 Fury and a Death Champion Axe would give 12/7...both are quite slow. So although Death has some very tasty mods, it would be much better to get a faster weapon, and get your CB from other sources.

6. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

If you want to sacrifice a LOT of damage and waste your runes for a crappy weapon that is slightly faster, use a phase blade for 11/7 fury. You can't get a ethereal socketed phase blade so the damage will be very low.

7. NefariousNothing

Hoho, didn't know that. My bad.

Back to the drawing board!

8. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Well a shael Stormlash offers cb and static plus according to the German Weapon Speed calculator it hits 5fpa with fury attck on wolf - not too shabby in PvM ^^

9. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Stormlash would be nice, but I wouldn't count on that static. If I'm not mistaken, resistances still apply to the damage you'd normally deal.... so it'd be 1/3 his life, cut by 95%. Ouch.