Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

An Idea on a Dream using Zealer.

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by TrinityPower, Sep 15, 2006.

1. TrinityPower

TrinityPower IncGamers Member

An Idea on a Dream using Zealer.

Was toying around with this idea for skills and a very basic equipment idea. I will assume we will get into high levels with this one (mid to low 90's). This is for softcore PvM mainly.

20 Zeal for the AR
    20 Res. Lightning
    20 Holy Freeze (main aura)
    20 Resist Cold
    Rest in Holy Sheild as desired.

Gear: Duel "Dreams" in a good helm and Sheild; Fortitude in maybe an Archon Plate to help your low physical damage output; "Beast" Caddy for Fanaticism; and for merc an Infinity polearm.

Like I said, basic equipment thoughts, suggestions welcome. What you think? :scratch:

2. djaverage

djaverage IncGamers Member

With Max zeal + freeze you will massacare those light quick enemies but i dont know how well it will far verses bosses + strong uniques etc. damage might not be enough with a 1-handed weapon making hs poop. Thats what i found when i did my zeal-a-din. I might well be wrong though, i'm no expert :undecided:

3. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Use a Beast Berzerker Axe or a Beast War Spike. And don't worry about the damage, with 25% crushing blow from Beast + 15% from Gore riders (40% CB) will have enemies including bosses dying in droves against you.

Beast Caddy is interesting but i hate to repair that thing ! Although any +3 mods to zeal or holy freeze will be much much appreciated. Just be ready to fork out the orts or lots of gold.

Overall this build will get expensive though, since you will want to stack on the offensive GCs and +skill gears to make the HF uber. Not to mention the time and resources to find the "right" Caddy (caddies take forever to drop and not to mention the right mods) to make the Beast.

Just remember that this build is not as effective as a pure Auradin / Dream build based with Conviction. Conviction makes dealing huge elemental damage much much more effective. And lvl12 conviction pales to lvl25.

4. TrinityPower

TrinityPower IncGamers Member

Do you think I should drop my Holy Freeze, use Conviction as main aura, then maybe a doom zerker with a faith bow rogue?

5. crsdawg

crsdawg IncGamers Member

i'm building a very similar char. nigma, dual dream, beast war spike (4 frame zeal), gores, dracs. i think convict is the way to go too.

a +skill caddy would be perfect for this build, but it's not an easy find. luckily caddy gets 5 sockets through larzuk so any 0os will work.

if you can live with 5 frame zeal last wish might be the best weapon, shame there's no way to get one up to speed without dropping any of the main components.

i'm also going to use holz freeze merc w/ pride polearm.

the only thing i'm worried about is without exile will life tap cast enough.

6. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Ah but then your freeze will be no more then a tickler aura. :laugh: Your current build is sufficiently powerful as it is (and does not need to get anymore expensive !)