Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

An explination on conviction

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by jimmyjimmy, Apr 12, 2005.

1. jimmyjimmy

jimmyjimmy IncGamers Member

An explination on conviction

I am confused as to exactly how conviction works. It is my understanding that whomever has the higher level conviction arua will not lose any resistances, while the other person will. What exactly does this mean? If both people have max lower res (-150) but say i have 25 conv. and he has 27 conv. does he not lose any resists and i lose -150? or do they cancel out and i lose the equivilent resists to a level 2 conviction (27-25=2) or -35% res? If skill level past 25 does matter in conviction vs conviction duels, then WHY OH WHY is it never recommended to MAX conviction. Can someone clarify how this conv. vs conv. thing works for me? thanx for any help :D

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

If you both have Conviction on and you're hostile to each other you should both lose resists...The Conviction aura's wont interact with eachother or cancel eachother out. Skill levels past 25 shouldn't matter in Conviction vs. Conviction which is why no one maxes it.

3. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Actually, there's a bug with this. The lower Slvl aura won't do anything.

4. jimmyjimmy

jimmyjimmy IncGamers Member

so if the lower skill level conviction doesnt do anything, does that mean the higher level grants full effect (-150) on the opponent? If so wouldnt it be prudent to max conviction ?

5. DoC-Makaveli

DoC-Makaveli IncGamers Member

i think its more effective to max resist lightning aura (gives +dmg to holy shock and gives +10 max light res passive bonus and +20 max light res when the aura is active as well as just +light res)... i just use it and negate their -res and i can take more fohs than them :)