Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

An Example of a Rude/Newbie/Ebay PVP Necro i dueled

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Aurul, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Aurul

Aurul IncGamers Member

An Example of a Rude/Newbie/Ebay PVP Necro i dueled

Hey, this is my first post on these forums, i used to hang around the lurker lounge anyway...

I went into a pubby pvp game to mf ,until a Enigma Foh pally and Enigma bonemancer came in. They started owning every1 and talking the usual pubby trash... I 0wnzz u n00bz etc. I decided to go for a little walk through blood moor to see what was up, and got hostiled right away. They killed my mf sorc of course, nkedme like 10 times in a row, and said "0wnage". I brought in my 1.09 lvl ** necro who is have pvm and started spanking them every time. They double teamed me then and killed me a couple of times...until i decided to duel for real and then it happened..... He said " U lucky n00b, lag made ur bs invi lolz lolz duelz me again" and so i did and got that reply every time. :lol: :lol: :lol:

On top of him buying his stuff from ebay, he wouldnt even listen to me trying to explain that bs can become invi and kept on calling me noob. I guess what my point is if ur looking for a good laugh and have spare time on UsEast NoN-ladder u can msg char names trappedwithin and justgiveup for a duel let them kill u once to see their trash talk, and then u can make them feel silly

2. masakerr

masakerr IncGamers Member

Ah such a heated topic. I can see this getting out of hand rather quickly. LOL.

3. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

Alright, time to pop this thread in the oven!

1. What makes you think they bought their items on Ebay? Every time people post their narratives of bnet pubby dueling, its always them vs the Ebayers. And simply because they use BotD and/or Enigmas, they are bad people. Ok, maybe you can make this judgement after all the "n00b" calling but still too many people assume they're all Ebayers.

2. This is directed more at the forum in general rather then the original poster. I been reading the forums long enough to doubt many of the accounts of people owning the BotD/Enigma/<insert other godly items> pubby duelers. Every other story seems to be "yeah i owned him with my pvm character" or "yeah i owned them with my MF char" or "yeah i owned them 1v7". Everyone out there really sucks and I can beat even beat them with my crappy gear. In fact, even if you did do all that, what did it prove? Does it make you cool or 1337? Does is make you a good dueler?

I don't even know why I still waste time reading threads like these.

4. Bakerking31

Bakerking31 IncGamers Member

i agree completely, i have a zon i now use for dueling on ladder weast, and because i have a perf WF, chains, and i use good gear i get ppl that say that i use ebay all the time, and they only say it once i kill them, i am in no way unbeatable, i am above average, but i have been killed by every class ... other than sorc (because im set up as a sorc killer).

5. Ryshenron

Ryshenron IncGamers Member

heh..even though u joined less than a month ago...

gotta love it when ppl try to say stuff like this

6. wind

wind IncGamers Member

The amount of Botd and Enigmas on ladder have a lot to do, directly or indirectly with what's going on at ebay.

That's the real problem, it affects gameplay which is what people post about. And without that problem I doubt there would be any posts like the one started here.

I don't mind what Aurul said, it's not the problem.

7. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

Whether the items originated because of Ebay or not, people are quick to assume that because someone owns godly items, he must have bought them off Ebay. It's because of Ebay that good items/runes were duped. But just because someone owns a duped item doesn't mean automatically put them under the umbrella of negative connotations of Ebay.

If you want to discuss the implications of Ebay, there is another active thread about it.

8. th5418

th5418 Banned

Owning godly items doesnt equal buying off Ebay.

9. SHAOC

SHAOC Banned

lol. IMHO at least 75% of Bnet bought items off of ebay at least once...At least 74% use those items nonstop.

The only skilled duelers I ever met are the poor people that have no items and hang out on the PK channel anyways kicking the small % of butt that they can. lol....newbies.

If it werent for cheating this game would have died a year ago (2 yrs into waiting for the patch.)

Us diehard geek fans here would had waited, but the general public would had took the first ship elsewhere. We are like trekkies who wont leave the convention after the show is over. Lights fade...we cry "next show/patch."

10. th5418

th5418 Banned

Hmm, well my bonemancer owns w/o any HoTo or Enigma. GO blackhand and vipermagi!

11. wind

wind IncGamers Member

So when the thread starter told his story mentioning it had to do with items bought from Ebay, this thread doesn't discuss how ebay affected his story?

And about being "quick to assume that because someone owns godly items, he must have bought them off Ebay" then should we rather be quick to assume that those items had nothing to do with ebay?

12. Talon0835

Talon0835 IncGamers Member

We should be quick to assume absolutely nothing because assuming makes an *** out of U and ME. Unfortunately there’s a censoring tool but you should be able to get it.

13. SHAOC

SHAOC Banned

Get the stupid out of your eyes and look around. 80% of the time when the common player owns godly items, he bought them off Ebay.

14. Origin

Origin IncGamers Member

since when do you need to be registered to lurk?

15. lazyassdre

lazyassdre IncGamers Member

I think 80% of the time is a bit off. For one thing, I believe that most of the people who play D2 are in their teens, and unless through a parent or older friend, have no way of using eBay or Paypal. I would lean to 40-50%. And btw, I am in no way saying that people of any other age should not play this game. I enjoy playing with a father of 3, at about age 50. Its interesting having conversations with him about how the youth of America is doing and such...but thats off topic.

As for the whole "nub gets owned calls u an eBayer" thing, yes early on in the 1.10 patch, I was called an eBayer constantly. I would like to think that it was my good dueling skills, or just plain luck that led me to the kills. But it just irks me when someone has the nerve to call someone an eBayer, when maybe they (or I for that matter) spent hard work finding those items. I hardly ever trade...I find it a waste of time.

16. Xenon[XoA]

Xenon[XoA] Banned

I usually trade for about 1/3 the time I play, find its a good way to get stuff if you know the rough market values.
    I've been away so long tho :( guess it'll take a while to start.

As for the ebayer, yeah, its annoying. Just cause we have...I.. tems? We must've cracked and bought'm. Never you mind trading for, or mfing for em. Enigma isn't that hard to get...

Chances are, if people spent the amount of time mf/trading towards a godly-ish item instead spending it whining about said "ebayers", especially without solid proof, they'd end up with one.

17. wind

wind IncGamers Member

I'm assuming that it's fortunate there is a censoring tool. :D

What ebay name calling does remind me of, is a skill used by Morte in the game Plane Scape Torment. He insites oppenants to recklessly attack him using a well placed insult.

18. Gorny

Gorny Banned

For a while, you can read but not reply.

19. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

But since "lurking" means reading and not posting, he could have been lurking since the day the forums came online, and only posted when he became a member.

20. Gorny

Gorny Banned

I only noticed you can do this within the last month or two, likely ever since the forum upgrades and crashes...