Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

An Ancient battles a skele, mage, and clayG - some humor i

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Vizier, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

An Ancient battles a skele, mage, and clayG - some humor

Here's some ironic humor for the day.

Recently I was sort of PA'ing my 70'ish sorc on a second computer through the Anya and Ancients quest in a public hell game with my Skelemancer. A few other low-levs joined and made the going a little slow in addition that the other players couldn't/wouldn't do much to help kill. Another summoner joined and we had fun watching our minions hack their way through the Ancients Way.

We had our full summons up when we hit the altar at the Summit. The other summoner had a Holy Freeze merc and I had a Might merc. I never bother remembering each Ancient's name, but the thrower and ww ancients went down reasonably fast at the expense of half my skeles and my merc to poison. The leaper was left for last and he was lightning enchanted. I had good resists so the bolts only tickeld me as I watched my remaining skels hack away at him, keeping Amp refreshed on him. I lost all but one skele and a mage to the lightning bolts but this ancient still had about half his life left! The other summoner's revives were all gone by now and his skels were long gone. Neither I or the other necro had any offensive skills at all and we wondered if we were wasting our time. However, my last skel tanked him just fine except for one point where his health was going down. I happened to have life tap available to me and that helped bring the skel up to full life. A recast of amp on the ancient then followed. I have to give kudos to the clay golem, he takes the brunt of abuse and is cheap to recast. I think it was the clay golem that kept the ancient off my last skeleton. The ancient was cold immune or I would have had my pure Blizz sorc help me out instead of being safely tucked out of the way in a corner. Anyway, the other players in the game gave up thinking we were never going to kill this last ancient. The other necro and I held a long conversation while the Last (skeleton) Warrior hacked away with a few curses of Amp every so often.

In the end, the skel (with maybe a little help from a mage) took out the last half of an LE ancient's life with assistance from a low level clay golem. warrior and mastery were maxed, summon resist was around 5-10 and I had +7 to summoning skills from my equipment.

We were both quite amused and impressed by this demonstration of the 1.10 warriors

2. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

ah, another epic of our skeleton buddies at work.

I would suggested that you used decrepify when they first came out...but you probably did. I don't lose any skellies to the ancients when I use decrep though :p.

But it's still rather funny...oh when those other chars gave up did they leave the game? I would've been :lol: if they did.

3. darkmog84

darkmog84 IncGamers Member

rofl, gj
    go go summons!!

4. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

I like it when the die...it's been in slow motion for me.

HoS

5. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

I think it is so cool, that skeletons have became so much moe useful nowadays. I mean they are like the backbone to the image of a necromancer I've always carried in my mind.

I just made a new necro, and all I could see in my mind was a Necro (tho melee looking) standing there with a army of warriors/mages coming up from behind thru firey gates as I enter Hells Gates...I called him

HellFollowedHim

I tried for AndHellFollowed, but someone took. But both seem to fit my image,.:)

Rock on summoners.

6. Pekx

Pekx IncGamers Member

i wanna make a summoner now....will full old trang with waterwalks, 2 soj, blackhand key, and maras do for gear?

7. Vizier

Vizier IncGamers Member

Yeah, they all left the game - it was just my necro, my sorc, and the other necro.

I didn't use decrep because the other ancients went down so fast with amp that I thought this last guy wouldnt' last near as long as he did. I didn't calculate teh minion losses as good as I should have I guess, much less loosing my merc which really speeds things up. I have +3 decrep on my Summoning wand so it was available although I never had need to use it before and have no ksill points in it.

8. Cerebron

Cerebron IncGamers Member

Glay Golem + dec curse + HF merc = nothing moves

My skeleons almost never die in the Ancient Quest. What I usually do is to revive a whole bunch of monsters, 13 or something, and rush to the Altar right away. It's funny to see the three guys getting surrounded by the revives and skellies. Your way is cool, too. I call it skelly solo.

9. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

I would've also used decrepify rather than amp...anyway, more humor stories for you:

With my fishymancer I first did both normal and NM Diablo by just leaving the skellies, golem and merc (might) to handle the big D while I went out to the balcony for a smoke, this worked just fine in 8 player game. In hell difficulty I thought I'd try the same for few laughs, only that I would sit next to the computer and just wait and see how they'd do completely unattended. D went down just fine...only lost 3 skeletons in hell, 1 in NM and 1 in norm. Still have to see how they do against Baal or ancients, that's up next :)

10. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Shame they didn't come back and see that the quest was done. That would've kept you giglin' for days :lol:

I_PWNZOrU: OMFG WTF???!!!1!!

Use The Arm of King Leoric, not blackhand key.The arm is like the occulus for a summoner.