Amusement in depravity..

Starseed

Diabloii.Net Member
Amusement in depravity..

So, out of sheer boredom I made a trade game to see what I could get for my Vex and, quite frankly, it made me laugh.

Not so much what was offered (well, that played a role) but the desperation (and sheer stupidity) of the people that joined the game.

Well, I made a description that said Vex 4 (*shudder*) shako, tal ammy & HoZ. Of course, the first guy that enters asks if I have a shako, I said no. Asks for Skullders, again.. I say no and wonder how the hell he even came up with that one.. another guy comes in.. brings up a trade screen; throws down an Um'd Shako, Grandfather, Rainbow Facet, Homonculous, bunch of various charms and all.. so I just kind of sit there for a minute and look at all the mods REALLY carefully.. hit 'esc' twice and leave.

It was just funny to see how much this guy threw up there and I can't help but wonder if this particular person would have been willing to give me ALL of it for the rune (I really should have asked).

Yeesh.. after that, I'm definitely stickin' to forum trading.

davew2040

Diabloii.Net Member
Starseed said:
So, out of sheer boredom I made a trade game to see what I could get for my Vex and, quite frankly, it made me laugh.

Not so much what was offered (well, that played a role) but the desperation (and sheer stupidity) of the people that joined the game.

Well, I made a description that said Vex 4 (*shudder*) shako, tal ammy & HoZ. Of course, the first guy that enters asks if I have a shako, I said no. Asks for Skullders, again.. I say no and wonder how the hell he even came up with that one.. another guy comes in.. brings up a trade screen; throws down an Um'd Shako, Grandfather, Rainbow Facet, Homonculous, bunch of various charms and all.. so I just kind of sit there for a minute and look at all the mods REALLY carefully.. hit 'esc' twice and leave.

It was just funny to see how much this guy threw up there and I can't help but wonder if this particular person would have been willing to give me ALL of it for the rune (I really should have asked).

Yeesh.. after that, I'm definitely stickin' to forum trading.

Um... Congratulations on being a discourteous jerk, I guess?

Lileofavelion

Diabloii.Net Member
Reggitsan said:
Way to assimilate there, champ. You're a role model for us all.
I second to that.

I remember I had wasted many hours of my time trading with the likes of you (original poster) who wanted nothing but a cheap thrill of feeling wanted.

Xenon[XoA]

Banned
Lileofavelion said:
I second to that.

I remember I had wasted many hours of my time trading with the likes of you (original poster) who wanted nothing but a cheap thrill of feeling wanted.

Yeesh indeed. I think his point was that they (those that came) didnt read what iso was, and just offered under or differently.

I don't see at all, how he was being discourteous. He made a game stating what he was looking for, and they didn't match it. If thats hard to understand, perhaps this:

-#1-Iso 1 green, 1 purple, and one blue crayon!
-#2-Do you have 1 green crayon? How bout a maroon sweater?
-#3-Ft: 1 green crayon, 12 yellow chalksticks, 4 red markers.

Seems like frustration more than elitism.
Reggitsan said:
Way to assimilate there, champ.
Assimilate? I don't follow.

davew2040

Diabloii.Net Member
When people want an item, they'll offer what they have. Unless the trader made a point of saying "nothing except ISO", wouldn't you make an attempt at a decent, competitive offer if you wanted said item?

Reggitsan

Banned
Assimilate? I don't follow.
as·sim·i·late (e-sime-lat) v. tr.
1. To incorporate and absorb into the mind: assimilate knowledge.
2. To make similar; cause to resemble.

Sorry for using such big words. I'll stick with battle.net lingo from now.

.. uhh.. thsi thred is sux

Lileofavelion

Diabloii.Net Member
davew2040 said:
When people want an item, they'll offer what they have. Unless the trader made a point of saying "nothing except ISO", wouldn't you make an attempt at a decent, competitive offer if you wanted said item?
Exactly. And that is what trades are all about.

The point davew2040 and I were trying to emphasize is that this kind of people do not trade, they abuse this social function solely for their entertainment (the original poster admitted to this) because they sorely need attention and people interaction where they can in fact be in control.

If they abuse this system like this, they are just being discourteous jerks.