amulet for a strafeazon

Mr_Grimm

Diabloii.Net Member
amulet for a strafeazon

i recently acquired a windforce, so i'm wondering which amulet i should use on her... the choice is basically between atmas scarab or highlords wrath...

anyone got a recommendation?

the rest of the gear i'm going to use will probably be a combination of mavina set stuff, dual leech ring/raven, laying of hands, nosferatus, gorerider....

Red-Dog

Diabloii.Net Member
Mr_Grimm said:
i recently acquired a windforce, so i'm wondering which amulet i should use on her... the choice is basically between atmas scarab or highlords wrath...

anyone got a recommendation?

the rest of the gear i'm going to use will probably be a combination of mavina set stuff, dual leech ring/raven, laying of hands, nosferatus, gorerider....

I opted for Cat's Eye to get down to a 9/2 attack w/ my Windforce.

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
Mr_Grimm said:
what does atmas have that deals with PIs ?
Atma's has amp damage which breaks physical immunities at 20% effectiveness
A monster with exactly 100% physical resistance (just barely physical immune) which is amped will now have 80% physical resistance and be subjectable so physical damage again.

Mr_Grimm

Diabloii.Net Member
k thx for the replies, i'm probably gonna make a strafe/FA zon and just bulk up on passive skills.

bug_eater

Diabloii.Net Member
Mr_Grimm said:
k thx for the replies, i'm probably gonna make a strafe/FA zon and just bulk up on passive skills.
Another great way to get our amp damage and still use your highlords is to use an amp damage or decrepify weapon on your merc. My lvl 80 Strafazon has that setup and can easily solo hell against phys immune monsters....with a maxed valk and a high lvl merc using this weapon u should have no problems.

gvandale

Diabloii.Net Member
also you can get amp damage from using the lacerator unique throwing axe. FRENZIEDBOVINE taught us this, and I watched him use it the other night. Very interesting to see him weapon switch to some axes, toss em up, then weapon switch back to his bow.

gg frenziedbovine.

g

:howdy:

Devi8or

Diabloii.Net Member
What merc weapon has AMP damage for an ACT 2 merc.?

I would like to know...so that I can get one.

If not...what merc can i use that can get an amp damage weapon.

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
Mr_Grimm said:
off the top of my head the only one i can think of is the vile husk (tusk sword)
Unfortunately it's a sword so only usable by act5 merc. Though i suppose an ethereal upgraded vile husk would be a nice weapon for an act5 merc on a zon.

Glacial Trail

Diabloii.Net Member
Highlord's if you need the 20IAS to reach the 2 frame breakpoint. Cat's Eye as an alternate choice (though I find the combined FRW with Cat's and any unique boots to be overkill). If 20IAS isn't needed, then Mara's is a great choice.

If you're relying on the merc to remove physical immunity, The Reaper's Toll will cast Decrepify.