Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Amulet discussion

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Koyen, May 10, 2008.

1. Koyen

Koyen IncGamers Member

Amulet discussion

Hey, fellow paladins.

I just had a very sad thought about amulet issue. For a long time i've been hunting for a +2 pala amulet with FCR. The idea was to replace Mara with that ammy, which in turn would allow me to replace FCR ring with something else...perhaps a BK for life and additional +1 to skills.

However i just understood that amulets give + 2 only to Pala skills and therefore by replacing it i lose 2 levels on BO compared to Mara. Considering this, i actually gain nothing by replacing FCR ring with something that gives me more life. Well...actually that only 1 level lost on BO, but still...

Don't mind me mumbling, folks. Real question is - are there any good alternatives to Mara, you've been using? Perhaps there are some creative options i haven't thought of?

2. Alc

Alc IncGamers Member

Re: Amulet discussion

You'd gain 1 skill on pala skills (+2 on the amulet and +1 on the ring), but lose one on BO (also tele, not that it matters). Your choice, in terms of the noticeable gain vs. the cost of buying a decent +2 pala +FCR amu it's definitely not going to be worth it. If you find one, though, why not make use of it and use the mara elsewhere?

By the way, the life on BK can't be BO'd anyway, so you might be better off with the +max mana on a SoJ. Again, your choice.

3. ProfessionalBerg

ProfessionalBerg IncGamers Member

Re: Amulet discussion

Don't forget that by losing 1 level of BO, you only lose 3% life/mana/stamina and 10 seconds of duration. You can't make up for the duration loss, however, life can be easily replaced. Say, you have 3000 life without BO. Those 3% loss will make you lose 0,03*3000=90 life. You get half that with a BK, and if the amulet has some kind of life mod, you can actually win in the life department. Mana and stamina are unimportant, so I won't mention them.