Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Amu for Ice Maiden

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by smeer, Apr 25, 2008.

1. smeer

smeer IncGamers Member

Amu for Ice Maiden

Assuming you've got enough IAS and you are playing PvM, what's the best amu for an Ice Maiden?
    The Eye of Etlich (Cold Duration: 10 Seconds) or Mara's Kaleidoscope?
    Or is there another (better amu)?

2. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

Re: Amu for Ice Maiden

The best amulets are almost always crafted or rare with very good mods. You can +2 skills and huge res in combination with stats, leech...
    Problem is that they are very expensive, though if you get a good one - other problem is rlvl of 89.

Untill then, you can go with mara's - probably the most popular one - or etlich - very good when you need more freezing length, the skill is nice.
    If you don't want these, you can always go for a rare/craft with 'only' 1 skill, or one of the other uniques - frw, deadly strike, res...

The main thing you want are skills, and if you don't have some cold damage charms, you may want to use etlich. All other mods are bonuses.

I'd go for mara's, though I try to get good freeze by using cold damage charms, going with etlich and skillers might be a better idea.

3. smeer

smeer IncGamers Member

yes I was thinking along this line. etlich will give you 10 secs, but 1 skillpoint less, however 3 colddmg sc wil give you 6secs at most. Instead 3 colddmg sc you could use a skiller and if you are lucky you could get a skiller with cold dmg.

Of course a rare/crafted could be better, but like you said they are hard to get/expensive

4. slayer37

slayer37 IncGamers Member

Just FYI, Etlich gives a minimum of 2 upto 10 seconds so you might want to check if you have a 10 sec one. If you have a 10 sec one then you saved 5 inventory slots (dual-cold sc). However, Maras can grant upto 30-all-resists and is 1 skill point above Etlich. 30-all-resists is equivalent to at least 6 shimmering scs. 1 skill point is a GC so 3 slots. My point is, discounting other gear and just considering ammy+inv, Maras give you more thus giving you more room to address other needs via charms.

It all depends on what you lack though with everything considered and what you can get to fill in the holes.

5. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

For amulet I would go with a rare +2amaskills/mana amulet. Those are the two most important mods imo. Other nice mods are the usual ml, res, dex, etc etc.
    For charm I would suggest +1bowsk/colddam for gcs and colddam/mana(or res) for scs.

6. omgwtfbbqpwned

omgwtfbbqpwned IncGamers Member

The amulet in the top left corner is the one I use. One of my luckiest gambles I must say.