amp and CB

HYKO

Diabloii.Net Member
amp and CB

Hi, all
I am planing to start a new zon that mainly take the advantage of amp damage and some CB. I was woundering how would amp actually work with CB? I was under the impression CB would be doubled from amplify damage?
On the AS it states "Physical resistance does apply to Crushing Blow damage, but only if the resistance is positive". Does this mean that it won't really make the ranged CB into 1/4 instead of 1/8. If anyone knows please let me know. oh, and please give me some suggeston on this zon

amping+CB+Knockback strafer

head: 80ed 30 ias giant skull
weapon: 14/2/3 faith mbow for the attack
armor: fort
belt: razortail
glove: 58ed steelrend
boot: gore
ammy: atma
ring:2x dual leech ring /or maybe raven + 1 dual leech ring

merc: unknown, need advice here. Thinking about using her to chaos, that leaves act 1, 3 merc.. but don't know what gears.

vision for the zon:
I was hoping that ITD and the 100% pierce would cause the amp trigger pretty often and take advantage of the 35CB and 438 gear ed, using the mat bow allows my zon to reach 2fps strafe on that 30 ias from the giant skull (according to the german calculator, actually i would only need 10 ias it says but just for the look 30 ias:scratch: ). So, basicly I was hoping, with 2 fps strafe on amped monsters = dead in no time.

Let me know what you guys think about this built, any comment is appriciated

HYKO

Diabloii.Net Member
No one can give me any advice? Or am I doing something wrong like i have asked a stupid question

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
you have already answered your own question:

On the AS it states "Physical resistance does apply to Crushing Blow damage, but only if the resistance is positive".
so if your amp drops pyhsical resist below 0 it won't have any further effect

HYKO

Diabloii.Net Member
you have already answered your own question:

so if your amp drops pyhsical resist below 0 it won't have any further effect
Ok... was hoping someone to proove me wrong :laugh:
May I ask your advice for my build there?
Thanks for answering