Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Amorphis - 1.00 HC Sorceress

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Chaostar, Jul 15, 2019.

1. DariusTriplet

DariusTriplet Diabloii.Net Member

Fighting Duriel with a clvl 17 Sorceress :eek: You're a bolder man than I am!

Good luck with Kvist - seems like you're off to a good start :)

2. Chaostar

Chaostar Diabloii.Net Member

It's not that I'm crazy, I had maybe 4 or 5 SP sorceressed now in version 1.00, they are always around this level when facing Duriel with a normal progression.
    As long as you have enough life to deal with one or 2 charges from Duriel, it's quite safe. You run round the room and spam static, and finish him with ice bolt.
    In act 2, Viper Temple lvl 2 is more dangerous. The invocator can be too.

3. Chaostar

Act3 was a little more difficult : lvl 4 ice blast is no sufficient to one shot any monster, as I reached lvl 18 and access to lvl 1 Glacial Spike, I got almost no longer use to Ice Blast.
    The other thing I had to worry were the flayers, they are fast, and hurted me. I'm still really exposed, with no shield nor mana shield, and every blow or arrow really hurt.
    So I was slow, but managed to leave the forest alive.

[​IMG]

In Kurast, a Zakarumite gave me a unique staff :
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately, I don't use Fire spells, actually I don't know if I'll learn some fire wall spell, or stick to cold spells. So I don't use the staff.

Instead, I bought this nice thing, I spent a lot of time to find in Ormus's stash :
    [​IMG]

Lvl 4 glacial spike is a HUGE blessing : I deal serious damage, and kill with one blast a lot of monsters !
    Ready to face Mephisto !
    [​IMG]

Once in the durance, I encountered no serious threat. I avoided Bremm, not because of the LE, but because his life regenaration was really too fast.
    [​IMG]

Mephisto, was slained with a lot of static and a few glacial spikes. His lightning bowl was nasty though, I took one in the face, I instantly lost 75% of my life :eek:

[​IMG]

No cool drop.
    [​IMG]

Ready for act 4, at lvl 21.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  4. Void Stalker

Void Stalker Diabloii.Net Member

Hello my friend, I love your stories in the v1.00 thread. Your latest post seems to have a small typo, you mention a lvl 4 iceblast not being enough to one shot monsters in act three, and then go on to say that at level 18, you now have access to Ice blast. I'm thinking you meant Glacial Spike.:p

Loving the stories, and pleas keep them coming...

Chaostar likes this.
  5. Chaostar

Yes, thanks, lvl 18 and Glacial Spike, of course. I go to correct this ! :p

6. Chaostar

The fist steps in hell were really nice. I deal a lot of damage, can face huge packs and kill a lot of monster per minute, all I have to do is throw Town Portals to refill mana.
    [​IMG]

Izual was easy too.
    Xp went up really fast, and soon I found myself at lvl 23.
    Found a grailer on the way.
    [​IMG]

Things get slower in the river of flame, with hundred of worms everywhere. My glacial spike is good enough to take the advantage on them.
    The real danger were Oblivion Knights, with their curses, but most of all, their elemental bolts. I had some serious situation here, and I was eager to reach lvl 24 and Mana Shield to feel a little more safe. I can take 2 bolts, not 3. :eek:

[​IMG]

There he was, just in time for the Chaos Sanctuary :
    [​IMG]

Ready for the Seal Bosses !

[​IMG]

2... (and he was a real nightmare, surrounded by oblivion knights, took me several minutes to get them one by one)

[​IMG]

and 3...
    [​IMG]

Then I face Diablo himself, who gave no trouble.

[​IMG]

Where is she ? ^^

[​IMG]

Crap...
    [​IMG]

That's it for normal. I'm lvl 24, I have 251 life pts, 153 mana, my resists are quite bad (43/0/11/17 in F/C/L/P).
    [​IMG]

Now it's time to gear up in the cow level !! This time, I'll take my time :)

7. DariusTriplet

DariusTriplet Diabloii.Net Member

Congrats! That pink hose screenshot gave me a good jump :eek:

Which set Crown was that? I dunno the stats on your Helm, but both aren't shabby.

Chaostar likes this.
  8. Chaostar

Thanks !
    The crown was Milabrega, I don't remember what helm I wore in act4, it was an ok rare I guess.
    But I hadn't enough str for Milabrega. And I think even at this time, my helm was better than milabrega's crown.

Void Stalker likes this.
  9. Chaostar

Cow Level !
    The place to get stuff !
    So I started to kill the King again and again, and get some stuff.
    [​IMG]

I got a lot of items, maybe 25 uniques and 10 set items, while I get from lvl 24 to 27.
    Don't know how many runs I made, maybe around a hundred.

For my own need, I got Frostburn, gambled Magefist.

[​IMG]

I also got some nice rare pieces of equipments (many I can't wear now, because of required STR) like those lovely boots :

[​IMG]

I got 2 unique rings that I keep in my stash, so the next to drop will be a Stone Of Jordan.

[​IMG].
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately, the cow king seems less and less generous, giving me always the same uniques, and nothing really useful.

I felt it's time to improve into nightmare.
    First step is to reach 70 STR, to wear most of the rare belts / boots I found.

10. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Trouble is this is where you really need mules in the game, loaded with uniques, to force the rare drops.

Keep going for 2x SoJ at least. Kill Cow King in different positions or change maps to change the drops.

Chaostar likes this.
  11. Chaostar

I am too lazy to launch a game with mule just to expose uniques. It's won't make him drop a SoJ faster, when I get another Tannr Gorerod, I would get a (super) rare instead if I understood everything, for my sorceress it's useless, and I don't plan to have a twinked barbarian soon...

I changed map often, I sticked longer to the maps where I got the first unique rings, but it didn't change.

My plan is to go back when I'll be stronger, after I gained a few more levels, to make even faster cow king runs, and get that damned SoJ.

Void Stalker likes this.
  12. Void Stalker

Void Stalker Diabloii.Net Member

I hear that my friend! Loving the progress you are making, and crossing fingers that you can get an SOJ soon, as that will encourage me to keep trying as well!!!

Chaostar likes this.
  13. Chaostar

Act I nightmre was quite easy. I just had to take good care of nasty packs, and archers and other throwing packs. I don't have a shield, and I take a lot of damage.

I try to gamble a pectral shard. When I'll get to lvl 30, I could give away my +3 glacial spike staff and get a shield.

I start to find exceptional items
    [​IMG]

The act was done quite fast, even if I had to deal with some nasty packs
    [​IMG]

including this evil hedgehog who is always near the inner cloister WP
    [​IMG]

Andariel gave crappy items once again.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

An act quickly done. Now the scary act II begins.

Void Stalker likes this.
  14. Chaostar

Act II, I'm having more and more difficulties.
    lvl 4 glacial spike is not so efficient, I need many blasts to kill, and my mana bubble gets empty really fast.

Radament was not a serious problem
    [​IMG]

It took me 2 tries to pick the staff in the worms lair, the final room was crowded at first attempt.
    I finally get it
    [​IMG]

When I reached the claw viper, I was only lvl 29.
    I feel like before the Chaos Sanctuary in Normal mode, almost at lvl 24, waiting for energy shield. Now it's lvl 30 I wait, I could get Frozen Orb, the Masteries.
    Most of all, frozen orb would allow me to get rid of my staff, and wear a shield. For the moment, I take too much physical damage, it's getting complicated...
    Plus, I have almost no rejuv or mana potions left.
    My first try in the lvl 2 of the claw viper temple was very scary.

So I decided to step back, and returned to the cow king, at least for some rejuv and mana pots.
    Before that, I realized I had now enough strength to wear my nice rare boots, a rare plated belt with huge STR bonus, so I could wear frostburn too, and even goldskin (which has no gold find bonus in 1.00, or it is not written on item description ?).
    Anyway, I changed half my equipment, I now have 302 HP, 385 mana points, huge resists. I miss fast cast and mana regen from magefist, though, and goldskin is heavy, I run slower and less longer, so I may make some corrections soon.

After a few cow run, I had a full stash of gold, so I went for another gambling session, and after 6 or 7 tries only, I get the Spectral Shard I was looking for :
    [​IMG]

I didn't pay attention to the DEX required, and I don't want to waste a point in Dexterity. I'm 25 DEX short to wear it. I'm afraid I'll have to find another item when I reach lvl 30.

As I dropped the Staff of king on the ground in a cow level, I wasn't able to pick it... So I'll have to visit the worm's lair again :(

With a full inventary of potions, and half my equipment changed, I get back to act 2, and things were much better. The huge mana pool is a blessing : I dont' kill faster, but now I have enough mana to deal with many monsters before refill in town, I can go faster through the desert.

I picked the staff again, and even cleared the room :
    [​IMG]

The viper amulet was stolen the fast way, by teleporting to the chest.

Once in the canyon of the magi, I reached lvl 30. Frozen Orb lvl 1 is now my main attack skill, so I don't need my staff anymore (I'll miss it).
    I shopped the first interresting right hand item Drognan had to sell:
    [​IMG]

I equiped it with the better rare shield I found on the Cow King
    [​IMG]

A few minutes later, I found a better scepter
    [​IMG]

I was now ready to face Duriel again.
    [​IMG]

It was not so easy, I managed to lose my mana shield during the static field spamming process, and a charge took away many life points and gave me a really huge thrill.
    Rejuv saved me, and the worm was finally killed.

[​IMG]

Albatross, jonnyphive and Bukama like this.
  15. maxicek

Nice job, keep it going - slow & careful!

16. Chaostar

It's awesome to be able to spam Frozen orbs without casting delay. I need to go back to town often, still, but I can throw a lot of FO bolts in a row, and it's really safe this way.

[​IMG]

I found some new set items on the way, just to keep the grail count up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and another milabrega's diadem
    [​IMG]

I went through the act taking my time.

I paid extra attention to the LEB minions in the durrance lvl 3, I recall Bremm killed my big sister Amorphis here :

[​IMG]

But I'm stronger than Amorphis was, and Mephisto was killed without trouble

[​IMG]

Void Stalker and Albatross like this.
  17. Chaostar

Act 4 Nightmare was even easiest : XP went up fast, I gained 2 lvl just finding my way to Diablo.
    It means more skilled Frozen Orb and Cold mastery, and faster killing speed.

The River of Flame was full of worms, I made a lot of travels to town, but xp boost is here.

[​IMG]

I found a magic amulet which was better than mine. I provides light resist, which I needed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No trouble in the chaos sanctuary, De Seis was the most threatening foe, but he was less scary than in Normal.
    After another set item, it's time for the final fight.

[​IMG]

Diablo was slained in a few seconds, and I became Duchess easily.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Albatross likes this.
  18. Chaostar

So I finished nightmare, I'm near lvl 35.

my stats for the moment :

[​IMG]

My skills are plain : 5 to FO and cold mastery
    8 to static field
    5 to energy shield
    and 1 remaining point

I already own some nice pieces of equipment, but almost everyone can be improved, especially my shield or amulet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I won't enter hell right now, I may :
    - go to cows again (normal or nightmare ?) My main goal is SoJ, it can drop on normal, don't think the odds change in nightmare, the run should be longer.
    - gain xp in the river of flame / chaos sanctuary : the place was not too scary this time, and xp was really good.

Void Stalker likes this.
  19. maxicek

Great progress, nice job!

Definitely normal for the SoJ

20. Chaostar

After gaining almost 1 lvl in only one run in the river of flame, I started to run intensely Normal Cow King.

I switched a few pieces of equipement : goldsin (too heavy) replaced by Heavenly Garb

[​IMG]

I cubed a 3rd perfect diamond from chipped, so my shield was replaced by a 3PD shield (see the strange resists stats :p ):

[​IMG]

I also find a nice rare ring. Too bad it wasn't unique.

[​IMG]

This particular Cow King was near the red portal, and gave a lot of armors, masks, swords, but also some rare rings.
    And finally, after maybe two hundreds runs, I was upon to spend all my money gambling rings (again), he dropped the grail !!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally !! :p
    Now, what to do ? Look for another one yet ?

I decided to give this one to a mule, with other things I dropped before, and try again, gamble a little after that...

I created a new game, the King was right next to the portal. Great for fast runs...

But unfortunately, I didn't enjoy that great map very long, because during the second run, this happened... :oops:

[​IMG]

Yes, on the second run !!!

[​IMG]

2 SoJ in 10 minutes of play (including muling time) !!! Can't believe it !! I love v. 1.00 !!

After that, I decided to give Hell a try...

Albatross and Void Stalker like this.