Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

AmnTir runeword doesnt work

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Chyros, Apr 25, 2005.

1. Chyros

Chyros IncGamers Member

AmnTir runeword doesnt work

Y'alright lads?
    it's been some time since my last visit. However I was playing a new assassin (now clvl 27). I tried making the AmnTir runeword on a 2 socketed scissors katar, but the game failed to recognize that that was a runeword. I mean, a sc katar IS a melee weapon, right?? anyway, I run diablo v1.10 singleplayer. I tried filling it backwards, TirAmn, but that didn't yield any results, either. Can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong?!

2. Toppo

Toppo IncGamers Member

Maybe the claw you used was a magical one (blue)? Runewords can be only made in grey items.

3. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Strength should work in all melee weapons except sorceress orbs.

The only thing I can think of is that maybe you use a magical item: a Mechanic´s claw or a claw cubed by the chipped/regular/flawless gem recipes? Make sure you use a non-magical (grey text) claw.

4. Chyros

Chyros IncGamers Member

yes, in fact it is. I overlooked the "mechanic" prefix; it doesn't note a blue line underneath. Unfortunately, the Act 3 merchants don't seem to sell non-magical socketed claws, or any socketed claws for that matter, and I acn't seem to find any double socketed claws (except one, a katar. naaah...). Does anybody know where I should be able to find/get a 2x socketed scissors?

5. HappyPig

HappyPig IncGamers Member

Strength definatly works in Assasin claws. I used one right through to act 5 NM.

6. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

Well... you can't shop for them. You have to pick them up as you play. Pick them all up. Remember that you can re-roll the damaged/cracked ones with a cube recipe and then socket them. I'm more and more of the opinion that I should be saving just about every socketed item with two or more sockets.

7. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

You can shop as high as Cestus in act 2 normal. Both Fara and Elzix have them.

Other than that, you have to

* find one
    * use socketing recipe (or Larzuk´s reward, but that is expensive).

In the latter case, you want one that has been a Crude claw that you have "made normal" by the 'weapon + chippie + Eld' recipe. Since the item level of such a claw is set to 1, it will have a maximum of 2 sockets no matter what claw type. This is what you want, since the socketing recipe will then have 5/6 chance to produce 2 sockets.

Regular non-magical claws (not fixed by the recipe) will only have 1/6 chance of getting 2 sockets with the socketing reipce (unless it´s a claw type where 2 is maximum (Katar, Wrist Blade, Hatchet Hands, Cestus, Wrist Spike, Fascia, Hand Scythe, War Fist or Battle Cestus)).

8. Chyros

Chyros IncGamers Member

thank you guys!