Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Ammy crafting skill 2+

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Nappy, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Nappy

Nappy IncGamers Member

Ammy crafting skill 2+

I heard from a friend that to craft a 2+ skill ammy with fcr it the ammy had to be ilvl 86.. but i heard from someone else that it had to be 89... Can someone confirm that its 86 or 89?
    Thanks
    -Nap

2. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

The resulting Ilvl has to be 90 or more for the amulet to be able to get +2 skills. The FCR is either always present (caster ammy), or has such a low Alvl that it doesn't matter. The Ilvl for a craft is basically the average of the original Ilvl and your Clvl, but rounds down both before adding, so it may sometimes be one lower than the exact average. The easiest way of reaching that Ilvl 90 is by gambling amulets with a Clvl 93 character, as any gambled amulet by that character can get +2 skills when crafted.

3. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

you are mixing two different things. Level your character must be to gamble a +2 amulet and level your character must be to equip a +2 crafted amulet.

for +2skills to spawn on an amulet, the amulet must be at least ilvl 90. When you gamble an amulet, it's ilvl will be -4/+5 (-4,-3,-2,-1,even with,+1,+2,+3,+4,or+5) your character's level. This makes it possible to gamble a +2 skills amulet at level 86. The best chance to gamble one would be at char lvl 95-99.

An amulet with the +2 skills prefix requires the wearer be at least lvl 67. When crafting, the highest req lvl of any affix is taken and upped some amount. I'm not sure if this is fixed or variable. I do know that a character must be level 89 to use a crafted +2 skills amulet.

4. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

...when crafted with that same character.

Baal amulets (the blue ones, of course) can craft to +2 skills when using lvl 82 characters or higher; pit boss amulets need a lvl 92 character, and regular pit amulets need a lvl 96 character or higher to craft to ilvl 90 ones.

Good luck! It certainly can be done.

5. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

TGT, it is actually -5/+4 rather than -4/+5. Subtle but important.

The formula for required level on a crafted item is
    highest requirement of item and mods + 10 + (3*number of random mods)

Since there are always 4 random mods on an item high level enough to spawn +2 skills, and +2 skills has req level 67, you will always need at least clvl 89 to wear one (could be higher, a couple of leech mods have even higher rlvl than +2 skills).

6. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

I was wondering why 86 +5 wasn't 90. Oh well.

7. Lensor

Lensor Banned

So I guess the ArreatSummit is off when it states that:

??? Or is choosing prefix/suffix not the same as getting the Ilvl, ie you could gamble a +2 skills at lvl84, but if you want to be able to get a "+2 skill craftable" amulet, you would need to be atleast 86?

8. Thrugg

Thrugg IncGamers Member

The AS is a pretty dodgy source for anything about item prefixes and suffixes. There are errors all over the pages, so unless you already know the answer you risk getting wrong info when you look there.

The +6/-3 thing is how it used to work in Classic before 1.06. About due for a page update, I'd suggest.

Now when you gamble an item the game simply creates a rare one exactly the same is if a monster of that level dropped it. And that level is random between your clvl-5 and clvl+4.

However that isn't the whole story. Item mods are actually based on alvl which is different from ilvl. In simple terms, each base item has a value called a qlvl (you can see these on some pages, eg www.d2data.net). The allv of an item is typically equal to ilvl - (qlvl/2) (there are special cases, but this is the general formula). The alvl decides what mods you can get, for example you need alvl 90 to spawn +2 skills.
    For amulets though it is simple, because qlvl for amulets is 1, when halved that rounds down to 0 so alvl = ilvl, and it is easy to remember that you then need ilvl 90. It is more complicated for most other items.

To gamble a +2 skill ammy, you need to be at least clvl 86 (so if you are lucky and get +4 it will be ilvl 90 => alvl 90 => +2 skills possible).

To gamble a +2 skill craftable ammy you need to be at least clvl ** (so if you are lucky and get +4 it will be ilvl 92, crafted **/2 + 92/2 = 90).

9. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Sent a mail with corrections months ago. The AS isn't being updated anymore.

10. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Last night i was desperate to land a +2 necro or a +3 summoning necro ammy so i gambled at act 5 hell with my lvl 87 necro :p After a full stash from 3 80ish chars amounting to 8.5million gold (!) i landed 4 +2skills ammys and the godsend a +3summon necro with 19dex so yay! Thinking back @63k a pop and calculating probability i scored 3% chance to land a +2 ammy lol. Luckily my mf necro has full mf/goldfind gear so he is collecting massive gold from CE'd hoardes and you may think thats a lot of gold but the satisfaction of gambling and getting what u want is awesome! Oh oh hope i dun have a gambling problem lol

11. Oddity

Oddity IncGamers Member

IF you plan on gambling in the future, a Gheed's charm can knock off a percentage of the cost each time (it really does add up), and the Edge runeword has 15% off vendor prices...

12. Bullet-Tooth Tony

Bullet-Tooth Tony IncGamers Member

You forgot that you had been selling useless amulets back to gamble window. And those gave you back from 1.5 to 35k, so you actually bought I think ~20% more than 8.5M/63K.