Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Amazons..non existant?

Discussion in 'Classic' started by eggo, Jun 10, 2005.

1. eggo

eggo IncGamers Member

Amazons..non existence?

I have noticed a lack of Amazons in Classic, I have just started one..and I have only seen one other.. And the ones I do see are just regular bowzons (I'm making a charged strike zon). Which brings up..are there any good items for one..like what's the highest class throwing spear, and if I imbue it, what lvl should I be, b/c I don't remember any rare throwing spears/javas dropping at all..actually when thinking about it, can you even imbue them ?

This concludes my numerous amount of Amazon on Classic questions. I hope to hear some nice replies :p

2. ToadKiller

ToadKiller IncGamers Member

There aren't any Rare javs, or even magical ones in Classic, and you can't imbue them. The best you can get is a superior (non-magical) jav with a slight (1-3pts, give or take) damage bonus (not enough to make any difference). Which means mana leech isn't an option, so you'll need to rely on +mana/kill items, like Wall of the Eyeless (shield). Before that, you'll just have to drink a LOT of potions.

I think LF would work better (once you're high enough level), using CS mostly for bosses. The only problem with LF is the low # of javs you get: 60 or 80. You'll either have to carry extra stacks or make lots of trips to town.

On the bright side, you only need 27 STR for Twitchthroe (which I think you'll need for the blocking), and no DEX if you stick to normal javs. So all of your stats can go into Vit.

3. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

amazons in classic are usually javazons. you don't really see that many bowzons anymore. But amazons themselves are pretty rare.

Right now, you mainly see: sorcs, hammerdins, fohers, necros, and wwbarbs

4. Classics

Classics IncGamers Member

The new patch sent all Classic Amazons plunging to despair. It's very tough to make a sucsessful one, so people seem not to even consider it. Bowazons are pretty much extinct PvM, and are very rarely seen in dueling games. The damage output just isn't high enough, as it hasn't really had any improment whatsoever since 1.04. Javazons, though, I still think do have a ray of hope. Let's hope you can find it.

5. Fearlessone

Fearlessone IncGamers Member

Bowazons all liked fanatic pallys, and with those being nearly wiped out here in higher lvl classic games... well, they can still use that conc aura well. It's really bizarre how bowazons went from being the most overpowered to the least desirable in the game. The TOP zon on the first ladder, Yudman, CONVERTED TO LOD, after a few months. What was funny is I met her in LoD with a character and she was laughing about how 4 months later she was still #1 on the zon ladder, even with no activity and being converted.

Now how did this Blizzard accomplish this bizarre reversal? Well, first they boosted hitpoints on the monsters for classic players, bringing the hp's in line with what u would find in LoD. Now they were already multiplying hp's in LoD for the 1.10 patch, to make the game harder in Nm and Hell. Then they decided to essentially make it a whole NEW ballgame, and they came up with synergies, which makes it easier, and if that wasnt enough: NEW ITEMS!, but of course not for us in classic. So they applied all this to classic (except for the items) and monster hp multiplied AGAIN for us here, all at once. Thats two hp boosts all at once, without any new crushing blow stuff to deal with it.

Some types of characters could deal with this. Static still took about the same time, Corpse Explosion was exactly the same. So the mages had it pretty good, with all melee chars being penalized. Hammers are magical, so hammerdins are quasi-mages.

6. Murrogh

Murrogh IncGamers Member

charged strike zons are very powerful duelers
    the synergies for lightning zons are great. so zons are not weak.. just bowazons.

7. ethos

ethos IncGamers Member

CS zons are hardly ever a problem in duel games, except when they town guard :|. Bowazons on the other hand, if made correctly can be a right pain in the *** in duel games, especially when they use a combination of guided, multishot and strafe along with cold damage and knockback. While bowazons suffer immensly PvM, the combination conviction/lower resist and lightning fury in CS is amazing.
    Just give the Amazons attacks with more enhanced damage, or bring bows up to martel style damage.

8. eggo

eggo IncGamers Member

Well I'm doing pretty well, finished normal Diablo with a Necro at level 25, it took time, but we got the job done.

In NM, currently lvl27, I can kill fine, it's just that..mana is a bummer, usually in party with "mages" and they take all the mana pots, and when I buy them, I run out pretty quickly (even with 13% mana leech)..sigh, but I'm hanging in there ! I'm gonna stay strong, lol.

9. ethos

ethos IncGamers Member

Mana leech only works with physical attacks, so unless you are wacking your enemies you cannot leech mana off them. (imagine a hammerdin with life leech T_t)

10. eggo

eggo IncGamers Member

So..poking doesn't count..? Sigh..I guess I'll continue with the mana pots..oh..and of course life pots now that I realize, a lot of leech is crap if your attack dmg is as well..still hanging in there..

11. Great_Evils

Great_Evils IncGamers Member

Poking counts...but I'm guessing most of your actual damage is coming from lightning, so the physical attack you do isn't strong enough to leech a good amount.

12. sculpen

sculpen IncGamers Member

What do you guys think specifically caused this change in PvP? The fixing of the guided bug? The deletion of life leech?

Personally, Id take the guided bug back in exchange for the charge desync bug. :uhhuh: